Become a Patron!

Sub ohm compatibility?

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming one has a regulated mod that can handle it, is it possible to build a sub ohm coil in a standard rba? Or a normal coil in a sub ohm rba?

Thanks.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Assuming one has a regulated mod that can handle it, is it possible to build a sub ohm coil in a standard rba? Or a normal coil in a sub ohm rba?

Thanks.
The short answer is yes. However, some older RBAs have less than stellar insulators that can melt with the additional hear that subohm vaping produces. Additionally, the airflow on some older RBAs will not work at tge higher heat, but that's subjective... Make sure the insulators are good and go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So would it be better to get a sub ohm tank and build normal coils, or a normal RDA for sub ohm coils? Im rebuilding a collection, and trying to get gear that's as versatile as possible. I'm getting an ipv5 (200w) and thinking about a tfv4 kit a friend has with a bunch of decks/heads, if I'll be able to build normal coils in it too.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be able to build anything that you want provided that they build deck is big enough. Just be careful when you're wicking tfv 4 as if you're not careful it will leak like crazy. But if you Wick it right it has flavor and clouds for days. Has for rdas as long as there's room the sky's the limit. Just make sure that your batteries can handle any of the amperage that is being produced.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes.... and the mod doesn't even need to be regulated or protected......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are unsure about the capabilities then I would suggest a regulated mod. Vaping safe is of utmost importance.

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was definately planning on a regulated mod. The Ipv5 reads ohms to the hundredths place, which is a must for me.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the one I use as well. It's a good mod and I've found it quite consistent. But when you are building an external ohm meter is best for checking your resistance when building. Although, I do check my resistance regularly to make sure that I keep a good connection. All in all, the IPV5 is a good and solid mod.

VU Sponsors