Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Say hello to the new Aspire Atlantis.

This new Tank has some great new upgrades!

1. SUB-OHM heads. These new heads run .5-.7 ohms
2. Improved airflow system
3. New shape

Finally the nautilus gets a face lift! The last to incarnations were effective, but ugly.
Considering how well the Nautlius mini performed - I can't wait to see what kind of vapor these new sub-ohm heads can throw out.

Release date: Third week of November. Expect pre-orders soon.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL looks more like the Aerotank now

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently only 3 ml capacity from what I've seen here and there. Will wait for the 5 ml version

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the smart play is to introduce the large version first so that every body is craving the stealth version long before it arrives. :p Don't you just hate it when they come right out and give people what they want?

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was having difficulties finding the dimensions of this new tank. When I saw the sub ohm battery that they will make I thought that it will probably be about 22mm diameter.

An interesting part for me is seeing that the coil is going to be a structural element not just a cartridge contained in the atty.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've only used Kangar tanks, but I'm a bit surprised to see that this is significantly larger than a standard Kanger Aerotank, but only has 80% the liquid volume.

Is there some design element that sets it apart in a performance capacity? I realize that this is a subjective question to some degree, but I've got a Kangar Aerotank Mega on the way with similar dimentions and almost twice the capacity.

Thanks

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, This is a revolutionized tank. This is going to be just like an RBA but without having to build coils. There is a utube video out made by aspire, check it out. Not knocking Kanger products, used them for years, years ago. Try Aspire, even if its the nautilus with the bvc coils. I think you will be very impressed

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, This is a revolutionized tank. This is going to be just like an RBA but without having to build coils. There is a utube video out made by aspire, check it out. Not knocking Kanger products, used them for years, years ago. Try Aspire, even if its the nautilus with the bvc coils. I think you will be very impressed
Thanks. Found the video, but it was the worst promo video I've ever watched. You can barely hear the guy and there are not any closeups of anything so basically didn't tell me anything more than what's already on this thread.
You'd think they would at least have an HD camera to film it on....

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hear you, but I must tell you, any info on this new tank and coils is getting me more excited about it. This is going to change the game for vaping again. First the bvc coils now this?? Plug and play and get the same type of flavor and clouds you get from a RBA, without the hassle of building. I cant wait! The good thing about doing what I do, except for a few reviewer's, I will be one of the first in the US to get these and try it. Any new Aspire product that comes out, I normally get them before anyone. Trust me not bragging, but you can also be one of the first to get them.
Come join my facebook group, Brad's Vapor for more info and updates

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
loving the direction clearos are going, the next step is to drop the price of replacement coils down to cigarette levels maybe bump up the price a little of the actual tank if thats what it takes, it would make much more sense to use one at that point. like $10 for 15 or 20, i think a lot more kayfun rba style users would be more open to using clearos then. either that or get to a point where a coil lasts like a month or longer at peak performance, which may be possible using a dna40 with nickel wire inside

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Mini Naughty\BVC and the Aerotank\Updated are pretty on par with eachother. I think the BVC takes longer to break in but I won't knock it since I haven't put it down for a few days. Of course, rebuildables will still have their place. You spend more on even cheap clearo coils than you did on some gunky juices, they clog up so quickly. But there are some juices that the flavor that you get from these tanks is the best that you will find.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The problem that I see with the nickle wire is that it's such low resistance you will need pretty long coils to stay within current popular wattage levels. Will take some experimenting with those things. Perhaps these sub ohm coils are a step in that direction.

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2ml for sub ohming? Epic fail. And if 2ml when empty, refills will be even less as it won't ever be vaped dry.

It's one thing do add some drops thru a drip tip on an RDA, but to have to basically remove the atty, disassemble, and flip to fill?

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Notice the crenelated design of the bell and the grip lugs on the coil? The bell's notches in the pics are all lined up with the holes in the coil. I hope that the bell engages those lugs and spins freely or those notches might not end up in the right position after screwing it down. Maybe there is enough of a gap not to matter.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2ml for sub ohming? Epic fail. And if 2ml when empty, refills will be even less as it won't ever be vaped dry.

It's one thing do add some drops thru a drip tip on an RDA, but to have to basically remove the atty, disassemble, and flip to fill?

That's about where I run my Kraken. Has to last as long and be easier and be neater to fill than that.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear you, but I must tell you, any info on this new tank and coils is getting me more excited about it. This is going to change the game for vaping again. First the bvc coils now this?? Plug and play and get the same type of flavor and clouds you get from a RBA, without the hassle of building. I cant wait! The good thing about doing what I do, except for a few reviewer's, I will be one of the first in the US to get these and try it. Any new Aspire product that comes out, I normally get them before anyone. Trust me not bragging, but you can also be one of the first to get them.
Come join my facebook group, Brad's Vapor for more info and updates

Sorry but I don't agree, yes I am sure this will be a big hit, but not going to take many people away from rebuilding, why? Because these new tanks may be better, but the prices have got a lot higher too, I can get 2 rebuildables for the price of 1 of these, and then you have the price of coils too (Which also keep going up too). One of the reasons I got into rebuildables apart from flavor and vapor, was not having to keep a supply of coils all the time, and then only to get some bad ones too, at least if I mess up one of my coils, it is only a few cents lost, not $2 +

So maybe a game changer to the clearo world, but not the vaping world as a whole.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Nailz. While clearos have come along way with the BVC coil - and certainly are better than any other clearo I've tried - they are still a long way from the pure taste I get in an RDA! However, for people who don't want to build for whatever reason, then yes they might be a gamechanger.

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use a nautilus mini for work and love it. It was my first tank when I entered vaping. I will be definitely be picking one of these bad boys up lol

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing that I have learned is that no matter how good people get at doing things the old fashioned way, no matter how much info on how to do it is out there, no matter how much money you save by rolling your own, if they make it easier to do it some new way, people will flock to the convenient method. They may look stupid to the educated eye, they may be settling for slop to sophisticated taste buds, but they will pay more and swear it's the best thing that they ever had if it saves them from having to think.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do not really agree with that totally. I think it depends on what phase you are at in your vaping life. I have gone through all of them in my eight years of vaping . I used to love building and trying all kinds of different builds, always looking for the best, but the more I built the more stagnant I became. Then it started feeling like work. The phase I am in now, is EASY. I like putting a bvc coil in, filling up one of my many Nautilus's and just enjoying a great flavor vape. Yes, I do not get the clouds I used to, with my rda's and rba,s, but I don't really care about clouds anymore. I now get a consistent vape, I change the coil every ten days or so, and I am happy as can be. Maybe you are right, instead of thinking what my next build is going to be, I am now thinking which liquid should I vape now. The Atlantis sound like a great tank. It should have even better flavor, and I guess I will be blowing some clouds again. Different strokes

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Different strokes

Oh definitely, but I am not really talking about most of the Undergrounders. One thing that vaping has going for it is that, for now, it encourages people to get out and see what is available. There are still a lot who kinda want to kick off of cigarettes, get disgusted puffing on cigalikes that stop working long before they find any kind of satisfaction. They might wander into vape shops, casting nervous glances at the displays of esoteric gear, looking for the cleanest most painless way to get what they need to find some piece of mind. They may find their way back in a month or two looking to expand a bit. The merchant can say, "Hey, try this new tank. It is a bit like those big boys over there and you might like it."

I think the Atlantis is a good thing. I am just saying that some will never go farther until it gets easy...especially if it gets easier not to. I've seen that kind of thing have good and bad consequences.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've vaped a tanker load of juice through a full size Naughty with BVC's.
Got a couple of mini's two. Love 'em.
Aspire is a leader and knowing them this tank is gonna flat r o c k.
I'll have one asap for sure.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do not really agree with that totally. I think it depends on what phase you are at in your vaping life. I have gone through all of them in my eight years of vaping . I used to love building and trying all kinds of different builds, always looking for the best, but the more I built the more stagnant I became. Then it started feeling like work. The phase I am in now, is EASY. I like putting a bvc coil in, filling up one of my many Nautilus's and just enjoying a great flavor vape. Yes, I do not get the clouds I used to, with my rda's and rba,s, but I don't really care about clouds anymore. I now get a consistent vape, I change the coil every ten days or so, and I am happy as can be. Maybe you are right, instead of thinking what my next build is going to be, I am now thinking which liquid should I vape now. The Atlantis sound like a great tank. It should have even better flavor, and I guess I will be blowing some clouds again. Different strokes
I have been vaping for three years, and I could not agree more. I have come full circle. I even build box mods, but now it's all about convenience to me. Aspire has set the bar in terms of quality and price, they are as innovative as Innokin. I own $400.00 set-ups, but they are just collecting dust. My ADV setup is a Nautilus Mini sitting on a ZNA30. All I need..

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tend to break my gear down into two categories. Toys are what I can vape sitting around at home. Solid vape gear is what I can vape while walking my dog, driving, talking on the phone, taking a picture, doing yard work, having sex, ect. I think the Atlantis on a SMPL mod would be pretty solid.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone know yet if this beast will take the current Nautilus 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils? Not all of my mods will fire a 0.5 ohm coil and I like to use tanks on many devices if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fiance just went out of the country for a month. When travelling who wants to bring supplies to rebuild a tank??? I gave her two Orchids and showed her how to rewick the coils. If this becomes the best tank, I would get this in a second for when we travel. I don't want to make coils in a hotel room.

The Nautilus is not even close to an Orchid or similar. And she ended up not taking a new Nautilus because she won't go back to prebuilt coils. Maybe this is the answer? I hope so.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I for one will be all over this - bought a nautilus as soon as I saw one in a store, no questions asked, bought the mini the same way (and in fairness, I did the same with the aerotank mega and more than a few other less notable clearos)... It’s from a proven company, looks like it will perform, and not very expensive (at least in my thinking - even taking into account the coil prices). I have 3 kids and work 50 hours a week, any little bit of convenience and time savings is worth a few bucks to me.

As a bit of side note: I think performance/flavor really has a lot to do with the juice you use when talking clearomizers (or glassomizers or whatever). My all day vape (maybe 50% of my vaping day anyway) is perfect in an aerotank mega and not at all that great in a nautilus. I feel lucky to have found this combination. Seriously, it’s perfect, and coils with that juice last around 10 days. Conversely, the vast majority of the other juices I vape are significantly better in the the nautilus with the bvc coils than anything else out there that’s plug and go. Sure, this is one of the great attributes of rebuildables - you can build them any way you want, and change it up as needed, until everything is perfect for how you vape - but again I fall back on convenience, and I am quite happy to buy a new tank every 3 months if they keep getting better.

samjoseph1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the smart play is to introduce the large version first so that every body is craving the stealth version long before it arrives. :p Don't you just hate it when they come right out and give people what they want?
So you thought they are doing fishing behaviors?

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually, the capacity of Atlantis is 2ml...I just saw the detailed feature on heaven gifts http://www.heavengifts.com/Aspire-Atlantis-Tank-Kit-with-Sub-Ohm-Coil.html
With the size of the coil, I would not be surprised that it soaks up a full 1ml. So after you start it off, fill up another ml, and you got your 3 ml.

The batteries are MSRP 40 for the tube, 45 with the soldered in 2000ma 40A built in. They both have short circuit protection, so they are somewhat intelligent tubes

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The batteries are MSRP 40 for the tube, 45 with the soldered in 2000ma 40A built in. They both have short circuit protection, so they are somewhat intelligent tubes

Can't even guess what it will take to get a good vape off of it without knowing what they used to make the coils. It would be pretty hot with typical BCC wire gauges. There are quite a few ways to go at it. Going to have to get it, vape it, and see what their concept of sub ohming is.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never stopped using my Aerotank and MOW tanks. I can run the updated coils hotter, without dry hits, than the BVC

That BPDC coil feeds this idea that I have had for some time that asks, "Why are they so stuck on tube atomizers when so many are vaping boxes?" The eGrip has a polyhedral shaped tank, why not others? I know that there are some obvious advantages to tubes but straight lines have other possibilities.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tend to break my gear down into two categories. Toys are what I can vape sitting around at home. Solid vape gear is what I can vape while walking my dog, driving, talking on the phone, taking a picture, doing yard work, having sex, ect. I think the Atlantis on a SMPL mod would be pretty solid.
This sums up my view on Vape gear perfectly

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did shit just get real!? LOL

It says the coils are compatible with all the kanger dual coil clearos except the minis. If that's true; I'm going to start using my Aerotank mega again haha
So that would include the twin Turbo tank too, its not a mini. Two of those coils in one tank, at .25 ohms total. The sub-ohm tank wars seem to have two entrants, who's joins in next

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So that would include the twin Turbo tank too, its not a mini. Two of those coils in one tank, at .25 ohms total. The sub-ohm tank wars seem to have two entrants, who's joins in next

Joyetech, of course.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think most long time veteran vapors will not get caught up in the replaceable head systems , needing to purchase heads on a continuing basis just doesn't appeal to me and i doubt will appeal to much more experienced vapors. I think most of them will still much prefer RBA's .

I do think people who do not have as much experience will be all over this simply because it's new and they get caught up in the excitement of it all . I have got to the point where i rarely buy anything new anymore because i have found what i prefer and what works perfectly for me , although i wouldn't mind winning one of these in a contest because no way i'm buying one.

VU Sponsors