Become a Patron!

Sub ohm of High VG eJuices (Vegetable Glycerin) We do not know?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Glycerin is widely used in the food industry for two main reasons: it has a sweet taste, but has fewer calories than sugar; and it is hygroscopic, that is, it absorbs moisture from the air. It is therefore used both to sweeten foods and to keep them moist. The compound is metabolized more slowly than sucrose — the type of sugar most commonly found in candy and in processed foods — and therefore does not have such a dramatic effect on blood sugar levels. It also does not contribute to bacterial tooth decay. Foods marketed as being low in carbohydrates are often sweetened with glycerin.

Chemically speaking, glycerin is an alcohol, but for food purposes, it is classed — in the USA — as a carbohydrate by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), because it provides calories and is not a fat or a protein.

All this sounds pretty safe, but it has never been tested using high temperatures inhaling when we sub ohm.

At what degree of temperature does vaping VG change the structure( chemical reaction)?
Are we FREE BASING SUGAR VG now?

Will it play a role in effecting your Hemoglobin or/and cause a spike in our body's sugar level? More testing is needed.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't do high temperature / sub ohm. I just enjoy a vape, not entering any cloud competitions.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, we will probably know more Smokie, when the study is done, right?

Has anyone heard how the study is progressing?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can blow a fog bank on 3.7 volts. Depends on the build. I use a 100W Sigeli, myself. Never over 25 watts. Burns my builds. Don't like a burned hit. Yuk.

It is def something that needs to be studied! I believe its in the process but like everything it takes time and money. The only way to be safe is to not smoke or vape at all. Everything is a risk! If it ain't pure air their will be complications. The goal is to vape until you can quit for good.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, there are no conclusive studies available now, or likely in the near future so it's really your call if you think long term, high volume glycerine intake will cause you to have a very painful lung disease or have little to no consequences at all.

Some people smoked all their life and never developed lung cancer, and some people only smoked for a very brief time but suffered severe cancer symptoms. Everyone is different, but if it's that big of a concern, just be proactive to what you feel is an acceptable level of your own risk threshold.

For me, when the diacetyl/AP scare came to light, I stopped using flavored juices and only vaped VG with nicotine. I recently started using flavored juices again, but my overall consumption is so low now that I don't feel it's going to add to whatever damage I already did with over 2 decades of cigarettes. Obviously, I could be totally wrong, but in the big picture of things, even if you completely change your lifestyle, such as with diet, sleep habits, exercise, vaping, etc... you could still become ill and/or drop dead at anytime for whatever reason you will only come to find out in hindsight ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will it play a role in effecting your Hemoglobin or/and cause a spike in our body's sugar level?
Seems easy enough to test. Any Diabetic's out there currently Vaping? I'm sure they could tell you in a couple of hours with the glucose test they use daily.

VU Sponsors