Become a Patron!

Sub-ohm tanking on the rise?

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was in the local shop a while ago and we were talking about the new regulations. How they are really limited from doing anything now. He says the smart move will be clearing out buildable stuff and bringing in coiled head atomizers for ease. So I guess the market is about to see another rise in sub-ohm tanks kinda like how rtas and rdtas took over?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That may be smart for the vape shops when dealing with beginning vapers, but those of us in it for the long haul will always be ahead in the game if we build our own coils. Wire will always be available since it's used in so many other things aside from vaping.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Since new tanks can't be introduced to the market since 2 days ago, the choices might be new to the vape shop, but aren't necessarily new to vapers. I think it's bullshit that a vape shop has it's hands tied as much as they do now. With any luck, hobbyists will start hanging out in vape lounges more, willing to help the newer folks. Vape shops can sell you vape gear, for now, but that's about it. They can't mix, they can't build, they can't even guide you in the thinking that vaping is safer than smoking cigarettes. It's a real shame. I hope the shops make it!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If shops can't build, hold classes, or trouble shoot, couldn't they hold events that gather vapers of varying experience at specific times? Also, I see what a shop and the employees can not do now. Could a shop bring in a non-employee, to hang in the customer area and help people?

Could the FDA hold customers to a standard of giving no advice, or no show and tell? Seems that would be hard.

daman909123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The fda can fine anyone for building for a customer as it can be considered manufacturing i think. Now teaching is different but no one is supposed to touch anyone elses devices though thats my understanding. You can explain to someone what they are doing wrong while watching them but no hands on help.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the popularity of cheap chinese sub ohm tanks with replaceable heads has nothing to do with giving you a quality vape...it has everything to do with companies and retilers selling up coil heads over and over again and you consuming massive amounts of over priced e-juice.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the popularity of cheap chinese sub ohm tanks with replaceable heads has nothing to do with giving you a quality vape...it has everything to do with companies and retilers selling up coil heads over and over again and you consuming massive amounts of over priced e-juice.
Over priced ejuice? Only if you buy it and not happy paying it can you call it over priced. But why did you pay the price to begin with? Priced that way because it sells that way. CHEERS!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People that want to learn how to use RTAs/RDTAs/RDAs don't need vape shops to do that.
People that can't be bothered should stick with their sub tanks.
Personally I care for what's good for vapers, not what's good/easy for vape shops.

Got my first RDA without setting foot in no shop and I managed.

VU Sponsors