Become a Patron!

sub ohm?

I recently got a I stick 30 with a kanger nano tank and it hits kinda hard, I'm using 12mg ,should I consider going to a lower MG or is it just new to me?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna need to answer your question with a handful of questions:

You're talking about the Subtank nano, correct? Kanger is a manufacturer that makes a lot of different tanks, pretty sure you're referring to the Subtank but would like to be sure...
What wattage are you using the battery at? What battery/power setting were you using previously? What kind of tank before now?
How long have you been vaping, and what nic strength did you start with? How many ml are you vaping through on an average day, both now and when starting?

Basic answer without knowing the full back story: if you're stepping up from a more traditional clearomizer to a sub-ohm style one like the Subtank, it's going to burn through a lot more juice than you used to use, due to the higher power you'll be able to apply to the coils and the bigger plumes of vapor that will result. Because of that extra juice/vapor, you'll be consuming a lot more nicotine than before - this is why many people when switching from tanks to RDAs (and, more recently, to sub-ohm tanks) reduce their nicotine level to keep nic consumption constant when factoring in the extra liquid they're using.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go lower....
I went from an Aspire Nautilus to the Kanger Subtank. With the Nautilus at 1.6ohm I was vaping 12mg, as soon as I took a subtank hit at 12mg I almost passed out. I have since reduced my nicotine to 6mg. I also use a tobacco juice with quite a throat hit and the larger amount of vapor has also increased the hit.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to bear in mind that with drippers, RTAs like the LEMO, the off-the-shelf Atlantis and Subtank type devices vaporize a LOT more juice in a hit that say a typical Nautilus or Aerotank. As such you should make a pretty drastic reduction in nicotine. I vape 12MG on a nautilus, but 6mg in the aforementioned devices.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
And if it's still hitting too hard, change to a higher ratio of VG in your liquid.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
12mg nic coming from a subtank doing lung inhales seems rough to me, and i was a very heavy smoker...
if i use a tank with airflow like that, lung hitting it, i usually go for 3- 6mg nic
12-24 nic would be more analog like when being used on something with airflow similar to the nautilus, taking mouth to lung hits

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go lower....
I went from an Aspire Nautilus to the Kanger Subtank. With the Nautilus at 1.6ohm I was vaping 12mg, as soon as I took a subtank hit at 12mg I almost passed out. I have since reduced my nicotine to 6mg. I also use a tobacco juice with quite a throat hit and the larger amount of vapor has also increased the hit.
lol i second that!! when i was a newb i thought it would be a good idea to drip 18mg nic on my 0.25 tobh build lol, it was not an enjoyable experiance...

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol i second that!! when i was a newb i thought it would be a good idea to drip 18mg nic on my 0.25 tobh build lol, it was not an enjoyable experiance...
LOL when I drip I use 3mg and a low throat hit juice.

VU Sponsors