Become a Patron!

Sub ohming or not.

Dishtech1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How doni know if im sub ohming or not. How do i know the best juice to buy. How do i know the best coils ti buy. How do i know whether to go by temp. Watts or volts?

Dishtech1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Joytech evic vtc mini. Tobeco mini tank. .2 aspire coils. Keep it on 27 watts.

Dishtech1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My juice it seems like somebody is pouring it out it goes so fast.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello.
There is no best juice per se. Sub ohming does consume juice fast regardless of brand; one reason why folks diy.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How doni know if im sub ohming or not. How do i know the best juice to buy. How do i know the best coils ti buy. How do i know whether to go by temp. Watts or volts?
OK the follow ups.
Below 1.0 you are sub ohming.
70-80% vg should work well.
Whatever will fire on your mod and you enjoy. .2 it should be ok.
Preference.

Dishtech1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you choose vg/pg ratio from the company made juices. Do i need to get my shop to make it for me?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you folks vape?
VerdeValleyVapes, one of the few great price and great flavor juices out there (couple other companies come to mind, but that's the company I use and I love it).

You are subohming.

With a mod like you have (Evic vtc mini) you're going to either go into Wattage/Power mode which you'll choose wattage (coils should have recommended wattage if you google them or just on the package, start low and work up until you're happy). Then you can also go Temp Control if you use Nickel (ni200, not n80), Titanium(Ti) or SS (many varieties so you'll have to do some research on what your device can handle). With Temp control you choose a wattage which controls how fast the coil will heat up and a temperature which is where it will cut the power to prevent overheating.

From the sounds of it though there's something screwy. If you put a .2Ω coil in and the device is reading .59Ω you need to inspect the connections, likely somethings not making solid contact which will yield that higher than expected reading. It should be reading .2Ω or within a few hundredths, and should be closer to 2.3v at 27w. Just give it a look over and make sure things are all plugged in right. Mainly the coilhead which using another brand may not fit a snug as you'd like so you may have to tweak something there.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you choose vg/pg ratio from the company made juices. Do i need to get my shop to make it for me?
You don't need a certain ratio, high vg is popular for subohming because clouds are popular with subohm and VG produces bigger clouds. Also some people have bad reactions with PG. If you don't need to create your own atmosphere when you vape and you don't have PG issues then it doesn't really matter, vape whatever you like.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've been vaping for only a month but I might suggest going to your local vape shop and try different setups and different juices. The main thing is trying different things in person. Helped a bunch in what I wanted and what I purchased.
With that first local shop visit, I purchased my first sub-ohm setup, tried several juices and now am very happy with what I chose. :bliss:
I still go back trying different things and asking questions.
Go in and visit, try some different things.
Then come here to learn much more from some great and knowledgeable folks.

Just my experience/thoughts.

Tom

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How would i go about vaping above ohm if it uses less juice.
I use the super mini tank too, and use the Vaporesso .9 ohm ceramic coils in mine. They give good flavor and cloud balance, while extending juice use. You can also use Aspire Atlantis coils in the 1.6 & 1.8 ohm flavors too, if it satisfies, but you might need to up the nic mg to compensate on the lacking delivery efficiency. I go from 12mg to 18mg when using that high of ohm.

Dishtech1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i can use the same mod box but get different coils and anythong 1.0 and above is not sub ohming???

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i can use the same mod box but get different coils and anythong 1.0 and above is not sub ohming???
Correct sir. You can adjust your mod's power level to cover the range. Above 1 ohm vaping also extends battery life.

VU Sponsors