Sub sections

Discussion in 'Forum Topic/section requests' started by Puneet Sharma, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Puneet Sharma

Puneet Sharma Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hello @Admins/@Moderators

Would it be too much to ask to have this hardware section divided into 3 sub sections viz.
    1. WTS/Trade
    2. WTB
    3. Sold/Traded
    And
    4. Feedbacks

Imo, It would really make browsing hardware section a breeze for sellers/buyers and easier for you to manage (though with extra workload).
    Just a thought as I’m both a buyer and a seller.

Please close/move/delete if it’s not a relevant post for this thread.

Thanks for all your fabulous work here.

Puneet S.

WTS MODs and RDAs/RTAs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...s/WTS-MODs-and-RDAs-RTAs.464268/&share_type=t

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I do understand, though it is suggested in our Guidelines that everyone start their listings as such. Once members mark their listings as sold, or closed, we do lock those up to save many from heartache, lol.

Regardless, thanks for you suggestion. If the Admin decide to do it, I'll have you to thank for it <3

3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Terrible wingman. Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh, meant to add, that I did move this to the Topic Suggestions area. They do cruise through this section.

4. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good idea, we'll see if anyone else thinks so.

EDIT:...Huck thinks so......:)

Heartsdelight and Puneet Sharma like this.
  5. Puneet Sharma

Blog Posts:
  6. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    You don't need to be an engineer to add subsections to this forum, I own a license for a different forum using the same software, it takes about 30 seconds to make sub sections......:)

Heartsdelight and Puneet Sharma like this.
  7. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    a sub section just for feedback threads would be GREAT.

8. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Those definitely take up space from the actual sales. I understand why they're posted, yep, but, space.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  9. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    they are distracting. and for a while I didn't understand why they were there.

space, what do you mean ?

10. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Space, meaning that people have to wade through those to move to actual sales, trades or buyers interested in. Sometimes there aren't very many of them, other times you might run across 5-10 feedback threads. I totally understand why people post those, since a seller can only leave one feedback per sale they start. Totally understandable. I'd do the same, really.

Puneet Sharma likes this.
  11. Jinx'd

Blog Posts:
    ok, I thought maybe you meant forum space.

so, there ya go, put this in the VU suggestion box.

12. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    It's in the requests section, so it is :D

Puneet Sharma, Jinx'd and MrMeowgi like this.
  13. Puneet Sharma

Blog Posts:
  14. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    wouldn't requesting a feedback system that doesn't need the threads be better? :?:

Letitia9 likes this.
  15. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    This is what I'd personally prefer. A simple check box to give a rating, no comment needed. For some reason feedback doesn’t work most of the time on my phone.

DogMan likes this.
  16. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    We do have a feedback system, but if sellers post multiple items for sale, they can still only reference their sale thread one time. Buyers can all reference the same thread, though. That's why they post feedback threads, so that the seller has something else to reference when they post feedback. There's no way for us to change that in the feedback system. We asked.

If you're using Tapatalk, there isn't a way. I've tried it, myself. If using a mobile web version, then I'm not sure. It should work. :(

Letitia9 likes this.
  17. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Pretty sure it's just me, hit or miss. I'm pretty pathetic on the phone honestly. :oops:

Huckleberried likes this.
  18. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    My eyes are too old for all that. I used to log in on my breaks and lunches, at work, but it got too small. Phone have gotten bigger, but text has gotten too small.... and blurry? [​IMG]

Letitia9 likes this.
  19. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Computer is just easier but hard to find lap space for it these days. The ever rotating fur babies have planted their flags.

Huckleberried likes this.