Subforum For Wicking Discussions?

Discussion in 'Forum Topic/section requests' started by CrazyChef, Sep 17, 2015.

1. CrazyChef

CrazyChef Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    If possible, I think it might be beneficial for those of us with wicking issues to have another venue than just the "Coils" forum. A place to discuss various wicking techniques, materials, how-to articles, etc.

Thanks!
    CC

2. VAPEROXX

VAPEROXX Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Agreed! Wicking is just as, if not more important than the build of the coil, or many other aspects of building, but very taken for granted.

3. mommysprincesskatelynn

mommysprincesskatelynn New Member

Blog Posts:
  4. Number3124

Number3124 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  5. RJ-Kloudburg

RJ-Kloudburg VU Donator Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I would be very interested in what you have to say, the E-juice factor would be very interesting..

6. vuJim

vuJim Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    There is a danger in too many sub-forums: Makes it harder to browse.

There's already eight (8) sub-forums dedicated to rebuilding, in one aspect or another. Most of them make sense to me. Some: Not so much. "Coils" would fall into that latter category, IMHO. So would a "Wicking" sub-forum.

Put another way: Sub-divide enough and you can do away with "General," because everything will be covered in a sub-forum.

RedFive420, USMC8497 and RJ-Kloudburg like this.
  7. bfrisky

bfrisky New Member

Blog Posts:
    GAH! Wicking!!! I'm a handy person building makes sense to me but wicking, WICKING! It is the one thing that is a struggle for a newb like me, no matter how many videos I watch.

Jonnystevenson likes this.
  8. pulsevape

pulsevape Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    good idea...I think the biggest problem alot of people have with vaping gennys with ss mesh is not that they have coil problems which is what they usually assume, it's because they don't build a good wick or they choke their wick. I would assume you pillow stuffers have encountered a similar thing with folks vaping on cotton wicks.

9. Vape Queen Kahalifa!

Vape Queen Kahalifa! New Member

Blog Posts:
    Since I been using coolwhic cotton I havnt had any wicking issues. I can run a loose wick or a nice snug one. Check out coolwhic.com I purchased mines at www.socalivc.com

10. Jonnystevenson

Jonnystevenson New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Agree!!

There should be a new topic section for TPD law discussion!! what you guys think???

11. Alter

Alter Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I wick with rayon, been doing it so long that I got it down to a science and have no breakin taste at all. I didn't wick with cotton all that long but did figure very quickly that its got a very short lifespan so I went into hemp fiber that was a hassle to clean out the off colored shards out and remove the knots but outlasted cotton in my builds. Removing the bulk out of the tails without loosing density in the coil in rayon is the trick, with pointy tweezers, pin or I use a dental pick scrape through tails to remove excess without pulling material from the coil using. He was doing this with cotton in the video I saw. I've been rebuilding now 4 years and just came across this method to thin tails in a video and used it in my subtank mini, TFV4 and Merlin with outstanding results.

12. Carambrda

Carambrda Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    ^^ I have no use for rayon because usually I need to dry burn my coils at least every other day anyway in the first place, and that is despite that I pull the ends back up after tucking them under the coils as well as I loosen up the fiber strands in and around the first and final wraps of the coils. It's just the nature of the juices that I generally prefer to vape, and because typically I like my vape to be on the warm side of neutral... so my coils just gunk up completely before the cotton starts to fall apart.