Become a Patron!

Subox mini with smok tfv4 compatible with rba deck?

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm just wondering if 50watts will be enough to get good flavour from a smok tfv4 with the single or dual coil rba? It comes with a 0.8 coil already on it but I don't mind building another. Most of the reviews are just people using the pre build coils at 80watts etc. I really like the tank but can't afford a new mod yet.
Any advice welcome. Thanks
PS. I've got the subtank mini and have done since June but no matter what I do with the rba it just doesn't taste good. My gf's smok trophy v2 always tasted miles better so it's time to get rid.
Cheers,

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I actually sit mine at 50w with certain juices. I find lower wattage brings out different flavors than higher levels for many of my juices. It's usually a bit richer and on the Lime+Spice flavor I had it was more lime flavor on lower and more spice on higher. So yeah, 50w can actually be preferable.

I've done a few single coil builds, 1.4ohm one was nice at lower wattage, even as low as like 30 it wasn't bad. .9 vertical was solid as well, and I did a .6 vertical as well. I think my favorite for that wattage was the .6 I had, but I think somewhere between .5 and 1 ohm is where I'd aim, if you go for a super low resistance you really need more power to get it going.

It's a very versatile tank, my personal favorite is the dual RBA, put quite a few different coils on it, but the twisted 26g setup I have right now is great. But, that's at like 80-95w depending on juice. My second favorite however is that vertical single coil, I actually like them better than the prebuilt which are a bit airy for my liking, but it is fun.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only way I can use this tank, is building my own coils. I'm running a single build at 24.5 watts. Any more, and I lose my flavor on the exhale with my ADV.

I found out the hard way. The included coils absolutely suck for flavor, on my mixes. So rebuilding is my only option.

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. It arrived today. 0.8 ohm coil 30watts. And its lovely

VU Sponsors