Become a Patron!

SubTank Coil Life Time?

I was just curious to the amount of time the Kangertek OCC 0.5 coils last them? For some reason mine are lasting a couple of days at most, and becoming expensive to keep replacing. It's not like I pump the watts, I usually vape between 19.2-22.8 watts on a 50w Eleaf so it's not like I burn it out my accident.

Also on an off question, why does my mod say the coils are always between 0.6-0.8 ohms? Is there a problem with the connection or is the body of the tank causing the increase in resistance?

Thank you for any/all feedback :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you aren't actually burning out the coil itself you can always pick up some japanese cotton pads and rewick the one's you have. It's not difficult. Google will lead you to stuff on Youtube etc. on how it's done. .5 coils reading .6 is fairly common on many mods. .8 not so much. They might actually be .8 or giving the 510 connector on the Istick 50 a good clean couldn't hurt.

Okay, thank you I'll try rewicking it when I get the chance :) I have actually put taster tanks in shops on my mod and they did show up as .5. I guess I'll clean my tank out in that case and see if that works :) your not sapiens anonym lefty by any chance :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are they just tasting funky? Certain juices tend to build up a lot of residue when you vape them, remember the cotton is also acting a filter for your juice.

I just use my RBA deck and dry burn the coil and rewick when it begins to taste funky.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving to Clearomizers...

I get at least 15-20 tanks out of my coils, using the poke-it-with-a-needle mod at installation. Slight resistance variance is common, but 0.3 ohm makes me think the coil's not tight or there's gunk on the connection somewhere.

Jasen

Member For 5 Years
I'm 3 weeks in on the 1.2 it still work fine and I've only given it a sonic bath once, but I only use the Sub about 1/3 of the time.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have about 5 tanks on the 1.2Ω and it is still working fine. Of course I am not using a few of the juices that I have with a high sweetener content. Those severely gunk up the coils in my Lemos after 2-3 tanks.

VU Sponsors