Become a Patron!

Subtank mini cough!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not 100% sure what you mean by ''pulse them''
So a torch is not needed?

No torch needed. When you build the coil, mount the RBA to your battery, turn to about 20 watts, and hit the fire button until the coil glows. That way you can see if you have hot spots. Don't fire for more than 2 or 3 seconds at a time. If you have hot spots you can gently pinch with tweezers while you're NOT pressing the fire button but before the coil cools.

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't handle to much VG. It's to thick. Also my throat sometimes close when vaping to much VG. I agree that 16mg is to much nicotine.
I think I actually will use 3mg or something. Even though I smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes) I think 3mg will be enough because I vape much more than I would smoke.
then yes 3mg will be plenty of nicotine for you. you can also try Aqua-glycerine(85%VG-15% Destiled water mix) gives you the less dry throat hit. but you should know also that PG is your main carrier for throat hit with the nicotine, so more PG result in Harsher throat hit.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No torch needed. When you build the coil, mount the RBA to your battery, turn to about 20 watts, and hit the fire button until the coil glows. That way you can see if you have hot spots. Don't fire for more than 2 or 3 seconds at a time. If you have hot spots you can gently pinch with tweezers while you're NOT pressing the fire button but before the coil cools.
I'm going to order some ''Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton'' I have heard that this cutton is good, and works great in a Nautilus mini BVC coil.
I contacted my vape shop store where I usually buy my things because of fast shipping and it's the cheapest of the vape shop webistes in my country. They were selling 5 packs of Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton for 3.6 dollars. So I contacted them to confirm if there was maybe 10 sheets in one pack. Turns out that they were only selling 5 sheets for 3.6 dollars. I thought maybe it could be like 5 sheets in each package and they were selling 5 packs (totalt 25 sheets) for 3.6 dollars. But that was not the case.
It's not that expensive, but when I was browsing around, and seeing som reviews, people recommended to buy from E-bay. I found 80 sheets of the same cotton for 11 dollars.

The vape shop I usually buy from said it was probably fake since it was that cheap, but my research says it is real.
I will post a link, and could you tell me if this is real or fake?

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
then yes 3mg will be plenty of nicotine for you. you can also try Aqua-glycerine(85%VG-15% Destiled water mix) gives you the less dry throat hit. but you should know also that PG is your main carrier for throat hit with the nicotine, so more PG result in Harsher throat hit.
I just made a 50/50 ratio with 3mg nicotine. It's not strong, and that is good. I hope 3mg will work for a guy that smoked 20 cigarettes a day. I'm assuming that I will vape much more than I would smoke regular cigarretes, so 3mg will maybe work. Time will tell. I wish it was a bit stronger, but I don't know yet if I should add more PG or nicotine. Time will tell what I need.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The nicotine I bought smells like a rabbit cage, that has urine in it. It's pretty bad. Is it suppost to smell like that? You never know what people actually can put in a bottle. I ordered from http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/

Should I be worried?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably nothing to worry about. Some nicotine is pretty stinky, but I doubt it'll hurt you.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probably nothing to worry about. Some nicotine is pretty stinky, but I doubt it'll hurt you.
I'm not actually worried about if it smells. I'm actually worried it could actually be urine. But since I use nicotine now in my E-juice, should I add some more flavor? I have 3mg nicotine strenght but I thought I should bomp it up a bit since it's not that strong, and I probably need more than 3mg. I guess nicotine doesn't taste good, so would 10% flavor be good? I usually make my E-juice with 3-5% flavor.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would start at your usual level and increase as necessary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really not sure what my level is, since I have never actually had E-juice with nicotine. My regular smoke has 0.8mg nicotine. I guess that is per cigarette, så total it would be 16mg? So I wold normally take in 16mg nicotine right? So I need to make a E-juice with 16mg? I make my E-juice in 30ml bottles, if I make that in 16mg, doesn' tthat mean that if I vaped all the 30ml I would only get 16mg nicotine in me? Because I don't vape 30ml E-juice a day. Maybe 4-6ml E-juice a day, so how can I make it, so I get 16mg nicotine in me in a day?

EDIT.
I read up on something. If I make 16mg E-juice for example, that mean there is 16mg nicotine per ml E-juice.

So Let's say I vape 4ml a day, That would be 64mg of nicotine per day. (16mg *4ml=64mg)
that would be a overdose. So I did 16mg per day (What I take in when I smoke a pack of regular smoke), what I usually take in a day, and
divided it in 4ml. That is 4mg nicotine. I think that my E-juice should be 4mg if I vape 4ml a day, so that I get as much nicotine in me, like a regular smoke. Is this totally wrong?

EDIT AGAIN
So I'm chatting with a guy that works in the website store I buy my stuff from. I asked him what he recommended of nicotine strengh, and this is before I read up on the nicotine stuff.

I tolled him that my regular smoke is 0.8mg nicotine and that I smoke 20 cigarettes a day, which is 16mg nicotine a day. I also tolled him that I use 4ml E-juice a day.

He still insists that I should buy the 16mg nicotine E-juice. He posted a graf to me.
Party smoker 6-9mg/ml
1pack a day 12-18mg/ml
2 pack a day 24mg/ml
3 pack a day 36mg/ml

I get the graf. I know that if I smoke a pack a day I get 12-18mg of nicotine. but that is per ml. As he also posted to me. I said I use 4ml a day, so he recommened 16mg E-juice. that would be 16mg*4ml=64mg of nicotine per day. It's simply a overdose but he still insists that I should buy the 16mg E-juice.

I'm a totally wrong here? He also said that 48mg of nicotine per day is normal. How is that normal? I smoke a pack of day with a strengh of 0.8 nicotine per cigarette which means 16mg a day, and he still believes that 48mg is normal?

Am I totally wrong here? Is it something that I have missed?

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd ditch the chart, start at the 3mg you mentioned above and work up as needed. The subtank gives you a ton more nicotine than a regular starter set (ego type). I had to go down to 3mg in a subtank (I smoked a pack a day for 40 years). The figures you posted aren't really relevant, because there's so much more goes into nicotine amounts (how you inhale, how much is absorbed, equipment, frequency of inhaling etc).

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd ditch the chart, start at the 3mg you mentioned above and work up as needed. The subtank gives you a ton more nicotine than a regular starter set (ego type). I had to go down to 3mg in a subtank (I smoked a pack a day for 40 years). The figures you posted aren't really relevant, because there's so much more goes into nicotine amounts (how you inhale, how much is absorbed, equipment, frequency of inhaling etc).
Yes, I will actually start with 6mg and not 3mg since 6mg wasn't that strong. 3mg is maybe a bit to weak when I only vape 4ml E-juice a day. And that would be only 12mg nicotine a day, and I need 16mg. 6mg nicotine when vaping 4ml a day should give me 21mg nicotine. A bit more than what I'm used to, but better to be on the safe side, the first week atleast. Thanks for all your help. I think I have covered up all my issues. I don't cough, I understand what nicotine levels really are. Many people think that 16mg E-juice is for all people that smoked a pack of day, without considering how much you actually vape a day. I would think that alot of people do overdose the nicotine, without knowing it. They would buy a 16mg E-juice and vape 4ml a day, and think that is the same as a regular pack of smoke, when it's not even close. It's simply to much. I you only vape 1ml a day, than sure. buy 16mg nicotine, but they should be aware that some thanks use so much E-juice that 16mg simply will be to strong. For example a Subtank mini, that I got burned on! Many thanks! Awesome forum!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Kiicki ....another thing you have to remember bud is that your body doesn't absorb all of the nicotine you vape when you vape it...the last numbers I read (I am not at home so I can't remember the link to the reference I read it from sorry,) said that it's estimated that you absorb less nicotine from vaping than you do smoking and even smoking you only absorb about half of the nicotine in the cigarette you smoke. So if you absorb say 40 percent of the total nicotine in a day that you vape and you vape 4 ml's of 16 mg strength eliquid than you're absorbing 25.6 mg's max nicotine from it give or take a little. So yes, that would be too strong for you...but if you go with 12 Mg eliquid and you vape four ml's of that then that would be around 19 mg's of nic in a day. And if you vape four ml's of 6mg nicotine that is around 9.6 mg's a day.

So six mg would probably be a good starting point. The reason why people cut their nicotine strength down usually in half when they use a sub ohm tank is because of how much vapor is produced. For example....if you vape 2 ml's of 12 mg strength liquid a day then you switch to an Atlantis tank you'll want to switch to 6 mg liquid because the Atlantis burns threw liquid twice is fast and you inhale that much more vapor so you cut your eliquid strength in half because you're going threw twice the liquid during the day to get the same amount of nicotine.

I know it's confusing but I hope this helps you out...I can try and explain it again if it is too confusing...You'll figure out what works best for you my friend...you've gone threw too much and worked too hard to find a good vape to give up now :)

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Kiicki ....another thing you have to remember bud is that your body doesn't absorb all of the nicotine you vape when you vape it...the last numbers I read (I am not at home so I can't remember the link to the reference I read it from sorry,) said that it's estimated that you absorb less nicotine from vaping than you do smoking and even smoking you only absorb about half of the nicotine in the cigarette you smoke. So if you absorb say 40 percent of the total nicotine in a day that you vape and you vape 4 ml's of 16 mg strength eliquid than you're absorbing 25.6 mg's max nicotine from it give or take a little. So yes, that would be too strong for you...but if you go with 12 Mg eliquid and you vape four ml's of that then that would be around 19 mg's of nic in a day. And if you vape four ml's of 6mg nicotine that is around 9.6 mg's a day.

So six mg would probably be a good starting point. The reason why people cut their nicotine strength down usually in half when they use a sub ohm tank is because of how much vapor is produced. For example....if you vape 2 ml's of 12 mg strength liquid a day then you switch to an Atlantis tank you'll want to switch to 6 mg liquid because the Atlantis burns threw liquid twice is fast and you inhale that much more vapor so you cut your eliquid strength in half because you're going threw twice the liquid during the day to get the same amount of nicotine.

I know it's confusing but I hope this helps you out...I can try and explain it again if it is too confusing...You'll figure out what works best for you my friend...you've gone threw too much and worked too hard to find a good vape to give up now :)
Actually I have though about it in the last days, All I could find was that it depends on what tank you use, because not every tank wil absorb as much nicotine. I don't know the exact numbers on how much you absorb from regular cigarettes. So if I would absorb 100% nicotine from my regular cigarette (0.8mg) It would be 16mg nicotine for a pack. Maybe I only get 10mg nicotine in me a day and not 16mg. So for vaping, if I absorb 100% I would get 24mg nicotine if my strengh is 6mg and I vape 4ml a day. Maybe I only absorg 15mg or 20mg nicotine from that. So 6mg could be to much, but it's a start. I will know if it's to much or to low.

But, how long can my E-juice with nicotine stay for steeping? I usually make E-juice for a month. But I have read that nicotine over time would get weaker. I made all my E-juice with 6mg and I made for 1 month. Maybe it wasn't a good idea. How much if nicotine would I loose?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine strength degrades very slowly as long as it isn't exposed to extreme heat/light. It'll be good for at least a year probably!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nicotine strength degrades very slowly as long as it isn't exposed to extreme heat/light. It'll be good for at least a year probably!
Good to hear. I actually decided to increase my nicotine to 12mg. Reason is because I read on Aspire's website that the Nautilus mini will absorb 40-65% of the nicotine in E-juice. I calculated with the worst case scenario. (40% absorb)
I use 4 ml E-juice a day. 12mg * 4ml = 48mg. 48mg * 0.40 = 19.2mg
So I should get 19.2mg nicotine if I vape 4ml a day with 12mg strengh. I didn't think about the absorb earlier, so a 6mg would be to weak.

My regular smoke is 0.8mg *20 cigarettes = 16mg.
Do you know how much you absorb from regular smoke? In theory 16mg is what I need, but I don't think I absorb all that.

Also with 6mg strengh I would only get 9.6mg a day.
6mg * 4ml = 24mg. 24mg * 0.40 = 9.6mg

I use 0.40 since i calculate that I will only absorb 40% of the nicotine from my Nautilus mini.

I'm just trying to do this right the first time. Once you fail once, it's easier to fail the second try

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The great thing about DIY is that you can experiment easily with different strengths of nicotine. Make up tiny batches and see what works for you!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The great thing about DIY is that you can experiment easily with different strengths of nicotine. Make up tiny batches and see what works for you!
Yes, but do you know how much nicotine you absorb from a regular cigarette? I think that's the only thing I need to know, and i can't find it.
20 cigarettes is 16mg for my brand. How much do you think I absorb from that?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but do you know how much nicotine you absorb from a regular cigarette? I think that's the only thing I need to know, and i can't find it.
20 cigarettes is 16mg for my brand. How much do you think I absorb from that?

Nobody really knows - which is why I said just make up tiny amounts and vape that. I'd make 5 mls at a time (if you can get an accurate measurement that small).

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nobody really knows - which is why I said just make up tiny amounts and vape that. I'd make 5 mls at a time (if you can get an accurate measurement that small).
Yeah, I usually use 10ml testing bottles, and final product is in 30ml bottles. I do have 1ml, 2.5ml, 5ml and 10ml syringe, so I could test out things, even though I'm pretty sure I got it right this time. 12mg strengh and 50/50 ratio worked for me : )
And 10% flavor, because I don't like the nicotine taste. Without nicotine I only use 3-5% flavor.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulse means press press press...not hold. Youtube videos rba's and the coils. Long press gives hotter vapes. I guess that's what was meant. Also...pulse when testing dual coils show even heat distributiin on coils. They will glow evenly or not

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow...Kiicki...after reading this entire thread...you are WAY "overthinking" this whole deal. I appreciate that you want to understand everything as exactly as possible, but you are too overly concerned with the whole nic aspect of matching exactly what you used to take in when you smoked. If you just find a vape that tastes good to you, doesn't make you cough..and satisfies your nic cravings...you are good to go.

Just a quick story to show you how little it matters. I make juice for a few of my friends. On of my friends when he started vaping was VERY much like you. He was all freaked out about making sure he got the EXACT amount of nic that he just knew he needed. Well one day I decided to try something. He INSISTED on always having 18 mg juice. Well, that day, just to see...I made him a 30 ml bottle of 8 mg juice but didn't tell him. He thoroughly enjoyed that juice and I didn't tell him until a month and 4 bottles later that his nic obsession was ALL IN HIS MIND. Don't worry so much about everything being exact. Find something you're comfortable with and just go with it. That's my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth :)

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow...Kiicki...after reading this entire thread...you are WAY "overthinking" this whole deal. I appreciate that you want to understand everything as exactly as possible, but you are too overly concerned with the whole nic aspect of matching exactly what you used to take in when you smoked. If you just find a vape that tastes good to you, doesn't make you cough..and satisfies your nic cravings...you are good to go.

Just a quick story to show you how little it matters. I make juice for a few of my friends. On of my friends when he started vaping was VERY much like you. He was all freaked out about making sure he got the EXACT amount of nic that he just knew he needed. Well one day I decided to try something. He INSISTED on always having 18 mg juice. Well, that day, just to see...I made him a 30 ml bottle of 8 mg juice but didn't tell him. He thoroughly enjoyed that juice and I didn't tell him until a month and 4 bottles later that his nic obsession was ALL IN HIS MIND. Don't worry so much about everything being exact. Find something you're comfortable with and just go with it. That's my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth :)
That's called placebo effect. I can't trick my self to use less nicotine, if I know I made a E-juice with less nicotine. Maybe if I had a friend that made E-juice for me, it would work.

Also my E-juice has been steeping for a week. I can't tell what taste my E-juice is. The nicotine I use (12mg) effects the flavor I think. Without nicotine I used 3% flavor but with nicotine I used 10%. Even though I use more than third the amount of flavor I can't taste it. It's a brand new coil, so I don't really understand how much I really need to use.

I know I'm asking questions about everything, but it's just so I learn things faster from people that have had troubles with this things, rather than I should discover it myself, which would take weeks, maybe months. Many of my questions is about E-juice. Even if I try many different combinations, things would take time. Steeping takes a week, and I have probably used 2L PG and VG, plus flavor just to see how it all works. I ask people so I don't have to make 50 other bottles of E-juice and wate a week for steeping.

The only problem I have know is that I can't taste the flavor. I guess that the solution is simple. Use more flavor!
I already use 10% and can't taste a thing! So I'm starting to think that the nicotine I purchased, takes away to much of the flavor. It really smells like rabbit cage with pee. A really strong smell. Maybe all the nicotines are like this, but I have read that not all nicotine smells the same. So maybe the is a nicotine out there that doesn't take away all the flavor.

Using 20% flavor, seems pretty much. Even though that is probably what I need to do with the nicotine I have. That's 6ml flavor for a 30ml E-juice bottle.
The flavors I buy costs around 5 dollars for 10ml. So I would think that using over half of the flavor bottle for only a 30ml E-juice bottle is way to much.
I have tried it on a Subtank mini and a Nautilus mini, and no taste what so ever.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you using recipes or just adding flavors to batches and praying? The absolute best way to learn (in my opinion) is to use recipes that have been posted by experienced DIYers and learn through that process. As I have said on the countless other threads that are EXACTLY like this one, get a few of the free recipes by HIC. Order some Flavourart flavorings if you don't have any yet and amaze yourself at how easy it is. By using those flavors in actual recipes that produce great juice, you begin to learn how they work together and you will learn a lot more...a lot faster than the banging your head against the wall that you seem to be doing right now. DIY is cheap..there is plenty of room for experimenting..but it's not as easy as everyone thinks to come up with consistent flavors that work.

Nobody is going to be able to give you the "magic answer" you are looking for regarding the exact amount of nic that you took in with cigarettes. Vaping is a much better delivery system for nic where as cigarettes can be very inconsistent so logic says that in vaping, you need less. I smoked more than a pack a day for 15+ years and started on 18mg nic. Within 6 months of starting I was down to 6 and that's what I've found works for me. Everybody is different and there are no magic answers. Get some recipes that have some good reviews and comments and learn that way..adjusting for nic as you go. You WILL figure it out.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you using recipes or just adding flavors to batches and praying? The absolute best way to learn (in my opinion) is to use recipes that have been posted by experienced DIYers and learn through that process. As I have said on the countless other threads that are EXACTLY like this one, get a few of the free recipes by HIC. Order some Flavourart flavorings if you don't have any yet and amaze yourself at how easy it is. By using those flavors in actual recipes that produce great juice, you begin to learn how they work together and you will learn a lot more...a lot faster than the banging your head against the wall that you seem to be doing right now. DIY is cheap..there is plenty of room for experimenting..but it's not as easy as everyone thinks to come up with consistent flavors that work.

Nobody is going to be able to give you the "magic answer" you are looking for regarding the exact amount of nic that you took in with cigarettes. Vaping is a much better delivery system for nic where as cigarettes can be very inconsistent so logic says that in vaping, you need less. I smoked more than a pack a day for 15+ years and started on 18mg nic. Within 6 months of starting I was down to 6 and that's what I've found works for me. Everybody is different and there are no magic answers. Get some recipes that have some good reviews and comments and learn that way..adjusting for nic as you go. You WILL figure it out.
Couple of things.
You oberve less nicotine from vaping than a regular cigarette. If you already thought that you oberve more nicotine from vaping than cigarettes, why making the E-juice that strong? (18mg)

I mean, a avarage pack of smoke is like 16mg nicotine a day. And you made a 18mg strengh when you thought even thought you observed from nicotine from vaping? I would understand that if you thought that you oberve less nicotine from vaping, as it is, but you actually thought you observed more from vaping than cigarettes? Doesn't make any sentece.

No, I have never asked people what exact nicotine strengh I need. I was just answering people that already was recommending me 6mg strengh.
And I was just pointing out with numbers that it was to weak. It all depends on what tank you have, but most of the ''modern'' tanks obervers around 40-65% nicotine, and a regular smoke is almost everything. (High 80-90%)

Yes, I have looked at recepies for E-juice, and no I haven't used them. Recipies are for good flavor. And it's great that there is recipies out there, but you don't really need a recipie if you don't get any flavor at all? I have also seen recipies that uses even less flavor than I use kow, but they do get some great taste, and I don't taste anything. I'm pretty sure it's the nicotine that weakness the flavor, so I would just need to add more.

If I wanted the exact same nicotine in me a day as a regular smoke I wouldn't used 12mg. I know I already use a bit to much, than what I'm used to, but it's fine to do that the first week or month. I was just answering people why 6mg was to weak. If you want to see why I think that, you could check some comments above.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL....you're right dude. God forbid you learn step by step from people who already make successful juice. You are the man. You know EVERYTHING...about knowing nothing. Congrats and good luck in your journey :)

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL....you're right dude. God forbid you learn step by step from people who already make successful juice. You are the man. You know EVERYTHING...about knowing nothing. Congrats and good luck in your journey :)
Wait, what? I know everything? I'm pretty sure I'm aware that I don't actually know that much, there's a reason why I ask people with experience. Even you pointed that out, So how do I think I know everything? I'm getting confused.

Just because I pointed out that you oberve less nicotine from vaping than cigarettes, doesn't mean ''I think I know everything''. It's just a fact, and you should actually know that.

And for the E-juice recipies. Like I said, it's great that there is recipies out there, and I will try them eventually. And I know that I can't even match other people when it comes to flavor in the E-juice. But I don't actually need a recipe if I can't even taste a bit of the flavor when I use 10% flavor.
People use different types of nicotine. Some nicotine will require more flavor than other nicotines. I have used recipies from other people and made my E-juice with 12mg nicotine and 5% flavor, but it won't always work, because they use a different nicotine. Some people just need to find out how much flavor they need to use, based on their nicotine. The recipies out there is not universal. It will not work everyone. Like I see people using even more nicotine than me, and also uses less flavor and get's great flavor from the E-juice. I use less and even more flavor than them, but I don't taste anything. It all depends on what equipment you have.

I have never said ''I know everything''
Everyone here knows that I'm new to this. I ask all kinds of things to learn about everything. It's just how I'm. When I'm into something, I want to know everything. Nothing wrong with that right?

So please, don't point out that ''I know everything'' after you telling me that I ask to many questions and overthinking things.
I'm trying to learn, and have learned many things in short time, thanks to the kind people in this forum : )

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait, what? I know everything? I'm pretty sure I'm aware that I don't actually know that much, there's a reason why I ask people with experience. Even you pointed that out, So how do I think I know everything? I'm getting confused.

Just because I pointed out that you oberve less nicotine from vaping than cigarettes, doesn't mean ''I think I know everything''. It's just a fact, and you should actually know that.

And for the E-juice recipies. Like I said, it's great that there is recipies out there, and I will try them eventually. And I know that I can't even match other people when it comes to flavor in the E-juice. But I don't actually need a recipe if I can't even taste a bit of the flavor when I use 10% flavor.
People use different types of nicotine. Some nicotine will require more flavor than other nicotines. I have used recipies from other people and made my E-juice with 12mg nicotine and 5% flavor, but it won't always work, because they use a different nicotine. Some people just need to find out how much flavor they need to use, based on their nicotine. The recipies out there is not universal. It will not work everyone. Like I see people using even more nicotine than me, and also uses less flavor and get's great flavor from the E-juice. I use less and even more flavor than them, but I don't taste anything. It all depends on what equipment you have.

I have never said ''I know everything''
Everyone here knows that I'm new to this. I ask all kinds of things to learn about everything. It's just how I'm. When I'm into something, I want to know everything. Nothing wrong with that right?

So please, don't point out that ''I know everything'' after you telling me that I ask to many questions and overthinking things.
I'm trying to learn, and have learned many things in short time, thanks to the kind people in this forum : )
Hey Kiicki
You're all fine n dandy it's just too many questions without trying to take a path and actually do n learn at same time.
I was like you but I got my hands dirty n learned as I go with diy, coil making, getting supply's and ETC. instead of chitchat here on forum do something else experiment a bit. FYI I was 3+ pack a day smoker Marlboro 100's I'm just thankful for all information and good people I met here because since I started vaping I did quit smoking (thank god finally). I mean just ease up with questions and arguments no one can teach you everything here exact as you look for just make some mistakes on your own who knows it might be fun. Keep Vaping!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Kiicki
You're all fine n dandy it's just too many questions without trying to take a path and actually do n learn at same time.
I was like you but I got my hands dirty n learned as I go with diy, coil making, getting supply's and ETC. instead of chitchat here on forum do something else experiment a bit. FYI I was 3+ pack a day smoker Marlboro 100's I'm just thankful for all information and good people I met here because since I started vaping I did quit smoking (thank god finally). I mean just ease up with questions and arguments no one can teach you everything here exact as you look for just make some mistakes on your own who knows it might be fun. Keep Vaping!
I know I got alot of questions, but I do get my hands dirty. 1liter PG and 1liter PG has been used just for vaping. 50ml nicotine has been tested. Over 30ml flavors has been used just for testing. I have ordered wire and cotton from E-bay so I can rebuild my own coils. It will take weeks before I get it. In the meantime I ask questions, so I'm prepared for what I'm up against. 2 packs of BVC coils has also been used for testing. Reason I have used so many is simply because i want a ''fresh'' coil when I try something new, So I know that the E-juice in the coil wouldn't be a problem from a E-juice that maybe wasn't good.

I do test a lot of things, but I also ask more expirence people so I know what I'm up against. All things can be done by myself, but it's never bad to be more prepared, so you don't have to fail even more than I already have.
I will hold things for myself for now on. The rest I can figure out myself : )
The only problem I do have is that the E-juice doesn't taste a thing even with 10% flavor, but I will just add more and it will be fine. Some people would probably think that if I add 20% flavor, it would be to much and not necessary, but it seems that I would need to do that.

HitShane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24mg is like hitting on Marlboro Reds that are extra strong or filterless. I started on 24 for 1 week then bought 18 and mixed them. Then I bought a big bottle of 12 and dumped those I had left into that to slowely step myself down. I was smoking two packs a day. I stopped smoking the day I started vaping. I am still on 12mg juice and my next bottle will be 6mg. I just bought a SubTank mini and I'm running it on the Cool Fire 4. The sub coils suck on flavor. The 1.2's put out comparable flavor to the Nautilus Mini, but more vape. The RTA deck is awesome. Just cut Three Inches of cotton and pull it through the coil. Make it thick enough, to feel the coil pull against it, when you needle it through. Make it loose enough to be able to slide the lenth of it back and fourth the coil, but still tight. Cut the ends of the cotton leaving 3/4"-1". Put the top on and let the cotton come through the top opening. Screw the center on and trim the cotton tails just over the top of the RTA. Push the ends down the sides and in around the two Wicking Holes. Prime the Cotton with juice. Use a tool to pry the wick away from the two wicking holes to create an area for the juice to get in and wick. Screw on the top, fill your tank, and put the SubTank Mini back together. I enjoy between 20 and 25 watts full open. The flavor is so intense. The vapor is so thick. Wow!!! I am using 65vg/35pg. I may buy Max VG when I get the lower 6mg juice for it next. I made my third rebuild now. Same wow factor all 3 times. Blows away any coil they offer. I am using 500' of rayon cotton from Salley's Beauty Supply for $10 and 100' of 26g Kanthal from Ebay for $5.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
24mg is like hitting on Marlboro Reds that are extra strong or filterless. I started on 24 for 1 week then bought 18 and mixed them. Then I bought a big bottle of 12 and dumped those I had left into that to slowely step myself down. I was smoking two packs a day. I stopped smoking the day I started vaping. I am still on 12mg juice and my next bottle will be 6mg. I just bought a SubTank mini and I'm running it on the Cool Fire 4. The sub coils suck on flavor. The 1.2's put out comparable flavor to the Nautilus Mini, but more vape. The RTA deck is awesome. Just cut Three Inches of cotton and pull it through the coil. Make it thick enough, to feel the coil pull against it, when you needle it through. Make it loose enough to be able to slide the lenth of it back and fourth the coil, but still tight. Cut the ends of the cotton leaving 3/4"-1". Put the top on and let the cotton come through the top opening. Screw the center on and trim the cotton tails just over the top of the RTA. Push the ends down the sides and in around the two Wicking Holes. Prime the Cotton with juice. Use a tool to pry the wick away from the two wicking holes to create an area for the juice to get in and wick. Screw on the top, fill your tank, and put the SubTank Mini back together. I enjoy between 20 and 25 watts full open. The flavor is so intense. The vapor is so thick. Wow!!! I am using 65vg/35pg. I may buy Max VG when I get the lower 6mg juice for it next. I made my third rebuild now. Same wow factor all 3 times. Blows away any coil they offer. I am using 500' of rayon cotton from Salley's Beauty Supply for $10 and 100' of 26g Kanthal from Ebay for $5.
Thanks for the tips! I haven't yet started to rebuild the coils. I'm wainting for wares and cottons. In the beginning I'm going to do the BVC rebuild that Riptrippers posted on youtube. It should be alot of flavor with it, and after that I could experience more things : )

HitShane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips! I haven't yet started to rebuild the coils. I'm wainting for wares and cottons. In the beginning I'm going to do the BVC rebuild that Riptrippers posted on youtube. It should be alot of flavor with it, and after that I could experience more things : )

I'm wrapping my coils with the included screwdriver with the SubTank Mini, and making them around .55 Ohms (as read on my Innokin Cool Fire 4). I seriously can't believe the flavor with it at full open airflow. Wow. I'm not even lung inhaling it. I couldn't. I would have to go max VG and 3mg to lung inhale this without coughing. It's not hot by any means, just thick as all hell... So sweet...

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm wrapping my coils with the included screwdriver with the SubTank Mini, and making them around .55 Ohms (as read on my Innokin Cool Fire 4). I seriously can't believe the flavor with it at full open airflow. Wow. I'm not even lung inhaling it. I couldn't. I would have to go max VG and 3mg to lung inhale this without coughing. It's not hot by any means, just thick as all hell... So sweet...
That's great! I can't handle to much VG for some reason. To thick and my throat closes. I have trying to figure out if I can use the Subtank mini screwdriver to rebuild a Nautilus mini BVC coil. If I can wrap the wire around the screwdriver. I also have the Subtank mini, but I don't use it. Can't handle it, but I do have the screwdriver, so I could use that when rebuilding the BVC coil.

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's great! I can't handle to much VG for some reason. To thick and my throat closes. I have trying to figure out if I can use the Subtank mini screwdriver to rebuild a Nautilus mini BVC coil. If I can wrap the wire around the screwdriver. I also have the Subtank mini, but I don't use it. Can't handle it, but I do have the screwdriver, so I could use that when rebuilding the BVC coil.
Kiicki I still use the Subtank plus 7ml and I did the mod on it myself also buy the new plus RBA from Fasttech, I tell you it's been great runner. But since you can't go with max VG I think that doing the Vertical coils will do you great on the draw. I wouldn't go more than 3mm /2.5mm inside diameter on the coil build and make sure it's not tightly packed with organic cotton because it expands when it's soaked with liquid.this is my experience with it.

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to order some ''Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton'' I have heard that this cutton is good, and works great in a Nautilus mini BVC coil.
I contacted my vape shop store where I usually buy my things because of fast shipping and it's the cheapest of the vape shop webistes in my country. They were selling 5 packs of Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton for 3.6 dollars. So I contacted them to confirm if there was maybe 10 sheets in one pack. Turns out that they were only selling 5 sheets for 3.6 dollars. I thought maybe it could be like 5 sheets in each package and they were selling 5 packs (totalt 25 sheets) for 3.6 dollars. But that was not the case.
It's not that expensive, but when I was browsing around, and seeing som reviews, people recommended to buy from E-bay. I found 80 sheets of the same cotton for 11 dollars.

The vape shop I usually buy from said it was probably fake since it was that cheap, but my research says it is real.
I will post a link, and could you tell me if this is real or fake?

It's the real stuff. B&M stores jack up the price on it for easy profit.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know its a late post, but Kanger have sorted out the airflow with the Subtank Plus. It has a great vape production, and also provides great tasting flavour. It has a 7cl glass tank, and the organic coil. I had the same problem and tried the plus after reading about it. I hope this helps! http://www.cigtronica.co.uk/clearomizers-tanks/kanger/kanger-subtank-plus.html
Thanks, but I will stick to the Nautilus mini. Also I just bought a Eleaf iJust 2. I needed something I could carry around. have heard some great reviews on it, and it's only 30 dollars.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kiicki I still use the Subtank plus 7ml and I did the mod on it myself also buy the new plus RBA from Fasttech, I tell you it's been great runner. But since you can't go with max VG I think that doing the Vertical coils will do you great on the draw. I wouldn't go more than 3mm /2.5mm inside diameter on the coil build and make sure it's not tightly packed with organic cotton because it expands when it's soaked with liquid.this is my experience with it.
Thanks for the tips! I might do that after I get more used to vaping. I still cough sometimes, but it's not that big of a deal.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD I just bought the Eleaf iJust2 for my dad. He doesn't have any faith in E-cigarettes since he had some bad experience with it.
First E-cigarette i owned, was the old school E-cigarette that actually looks like a cigarette if it makes any sence. Bad battery life, Almost no flavor, bad vaping production and it doesn't really feel like you get any throat hit.

The second E-cigarette he got was a Ego type cigarette. He threw the box so I don't know what brand it was. It didn't say anything on the Ego.
He didn't like it, and he always said he coughed from it, and he had a E-juice with no nicotine. No wonder he couldn't do it.
He smokes around 2 packs a day, and that is why I want him to quit. He doesn't want to try any E-cigarette because of his bad experience.
I guess he have had bad experience because all the products he have used is bad.

I saw some reviews on the iJust2. I wanted to get him something simple and small so he can carry it around where ever he goes.
It was also pretty cheap for it's quality. Riptrippers said in a review that this is the Ego for the people who wants to stop smoking.
I didn't actually see another review of this product. Just him, a experience vapor makes me believe him.
Saw I bought, but than I started to see some other reviews.

The vapor production is actually huge. Maybe to huge for a 53 year old man. Doesn't really look that good. Also I'm afraid that maybe he gets to much vapor in so he's going to cough? I wan't it to be pleasent. This is maybe the last chance he will try a E-cigarette.

I ordered today earlier, but I could stop the order and buy another Ego type.
Do you think it will be to hard on him? Just a get a more soft Ego type?
There is no option to adjust the wattage if it happens that he starts to cough. maybe if I only adjust the air flow, maybe it will get better?
What do you think, Keep the iJust2 or buy another one?

Only reason I ask, is so I can cancel the order before it get's here. So I don't have to spend time to actually get the product, send it back and than wait for a new order.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm quite a bit older than your Dad, but I haven't tried an eleaf just, so I can't say. All I can tell you if that after 40 years of smoking I picked up a throwaway ecig and that was it for me. A few days later I bought a Halo kit (ego type), and that kept me going for a bit until I discovered cartotanks (nobody uses those much now). For friends with similar habits I also started them on the Halo kits and then moved them to the Nautilus tanks!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm quite a bit older than your Dad, but I haven't tried an eleaf just, so I can't say. All I can tell you if that after 40 years of smoking I picked up a throwaway ecig and that was it for me. A few days later I bought a Halo kit (ego type), and that kept me going for a bit until I discovered cartotanks (nobody uses those much now). For friends with similar habits I also started them on the Halo kits and then moved them to the Nautilus tanks!
I can't actually believe that ''Riptrippers'' recommened the ''iJust 2'' for people that just started to vape or people that just decided to give E-cig a try.
The device is to powerful. The drip tip is wide like the Subtank mini. This is a cloud E-cig. I mean, how could he even compare this to a regular cigarette when it comes to vape production and throat hit?

I'm going to keep it for myself and use it with a E-juice without nicotine. Going to use it just for the vape.
Now I need to find another device to buy my dad.
I guess I should have done better research, but when he said ''I would recommend this to people that just started to quit smoking'' I was sold since I was looking for a device just like this.

People that are new to this, or want's to quit smoking should have something that is not that powerful.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't actually believe that ''Riptrippers'' recommened the ''iJust 2'' for people that just started to vape or people that just decided to give E-cig a try.
The device is to powerful. The drip tip is wide like the Subtank mini. This is a cloud E-cig. I mean, how could he even compare this to a regular cigarette when it comes to vape production and throat hit?

I'm going to keep it for myself and use it with a E-juice without nicotine. Going to use it just for the vape.
Now I need to find another device to buy my dad.
I guess I should have done better research, but when he said ''I would recommend this to people that just started to quit smoking'' I was sold since I was looking for a device just like this.

People that are new to this, or want's to quit smoking should have something that is not that powerful.
I totally agree, which is why I used to start people off with a Halo setup. It's been so long since I quit I can't be sure, but a Nautilus/Istick setup might work (I suggested this because one of my friends who also smoked for 40 years moved from Halo to a Nautilus/Istick). Or you might just go for an inexpensive Spinner/Evod type kit.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I totally agree, which is why I used to start people off with a Halo setup. It's been so long since I quit I can't be sure, but a Nautilus/Istick setup might work (I suggested this because one of my friends who also smoked for 40 years moved from Halo to a Nautilus/Istick). Or you might just go for an inexpensive Spinner/Evod type kit.
I just tried the Nautilus mini tank on the ''iJust 2'' battery. That actually worked pretty well. I only tried it know with the E-juice I had in in. 16mg nicotine strengh what I use. But i think 24mg will work also, since that is probably what he would needs, considering he smokes 2 packs a day.
I just have to buy another Nautilus mini tank! Thanks!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need a bit of advice. I need a Ego type battery so I don't have to walk around with a iStick 50W in my pocket when I'm traveling.
Also my dad needs a Ego type so he can start to vape.

Thing is now, I bought the iJust 2. Should I give the battery to my dad, and buy him a nautilus mini tank so he can use?
Or should I keep the battery for myself and buy him a startup pack?
If I chose to give him the battery from the iJust 2, what Ego style battery would you recommend me?

Some things I need in a battery. Battery life. Alteast a full day with heavy vaping. adjustable wattage.

EDIT: Not important. I will give him the iJust 2 battery and buy him a Nautilus mini tank.
It will be better than a startsett out there.

I will just need to find me a new Ego battery.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not get an Istick 30 watt for travel? The battery life will be much longer than an ego (you can at least get a full tank out of it), and it's very tiny.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why not get an Istick 30 watt for travel? The battery life will be much longer than an ego (you can at least get a full tank out of it), and it's very tiny.
My sister ownes the iStick 30W. Yes, it's small but it's just bulky. I want something thin. It's for the days I don't wear a jacket, and I could just put it in my pocket pants.

Even though the iStick 30W is small, it's just bulky.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can you explain what the difference between a coil and RTA?
I know what it is, but why chose coil or RTA?
I just did a RTA build on my Subtank mini. But I don't really understand why it came with a coil and RTA.
Does the RTA have better flavor? Or maybe more vapor? Is it so you can build your own setup so you can produce bigger clouds with the RTA?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you mean an RBA - which is a rebuildable atomizer like you have in the subtank. The optional OCC (organic cotton coil) is for people who don't want to build. I use RBAs 90% of the time, but occasionally if I'm in a hurry and about to go out I might pop in an OCC rather than building a coil. To me the RBA has better flavor.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think you mean an RBA - which is a rebuildable atomizer like you have in the subtank. The optional OCC (organic cotton coil) is for people who don't want to build. I use RBAs 90% of the time, but occasionally if I'm in a hurry and about to go out I might pop in an OCC rather than building a coil. To me the RBA has better flavor.
Thanks for answer. What is RTA then? I see Riptrippers have some RTA builds.
One more think. Do you know a tank that has RBA that doesn't produce so much vapor? Since I use nicotine in my E-juice: iJust2, Subtank, Triton, all of them are to stong since they produce so much vapor and the drip tips is to wide.

I really want to rebuild things by myself, since it's alot cheaper and you get better flavor with it. But it's a pane to rebuild coils. RBA is much better and easier. Also the drop tip shouldn't be so wide, since I'm not a cloud chaser. I use nicotine so I need something more neutral.
I do use Aspire Nautilus and love it, but rebuilding the coils seems a bit to messy.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA - rebuildable tank atomizer. You can change the drip tip for a narrower one. I don't bother rebuilding occ coils since I just use the rba bases that come with the tanks I buy (I don't buy tanks without an RBA option). Use higher PG for less vapor.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
RTA - rebuildable tank atomizer. You can change the drip tip for a narrower one. I don't bother rebuilding occ coils since I just use the rba bases that come with the tanks I buy (I don't buy tanks without an RBA option). Use higher PG for less vapor.
Thanks, What I mean by tanks that produce much vapor is the tanks that are design for huge clouds. Even 100% PG would be way to much with a Subtank, iJust 2 and that kind of thanks.
I'm more thinking about the tanks that are more suited for people that use nicotine. Like the nautilus. A Subtank would be way to much even with a 100% if you know what I mean. If the Nautilus had a RTA options, that would have been perfect, but they don't have it : /

VU Sponsors