Become a Patron!

Subtank mini cough!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, most of use nicotine even if we subohm - we just use much less. You'll probably really like a Kayfun. I have three of them that I rarely use anymore, and they are much more like the nautilus than any of the subohm tanks.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, most of use nicotine even if we subohm - we just use much less. You'll probably really like a Kayfun. I have three of them that I rarely use anymore, and they are much more like the nautilus than any of the subohm tanks.
thanks, I would have to order from a another country, since it's now available where I live. A worker from where I usually buy all my things recommended to buy ''Eleaf Lemo'' or ''Eleaf Lemo 2''

So I checked for some reviews. the first thing that comes up, is that this tank is for lung hitter. Huge airflow. It's like the opposite of what I asked for. Don't know what to believe. I'm a mouth to lung hitter. I prefer not wide drip tips, and not much air flow. Just like a Nautilus. I guess it's hard to find a RBA like that. Even though if I thigh the air-flow, most of the tanks have still to much airflow

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kayfun V4 is not at all a lung hitter! It has a very tight draw, and you can only use it for mouth to lung even with the airflow screw completely removed. The Tobeco and Infinite clones are both good - and of course a fraction of the price of the original. If you like the nautilus you'll find that kayfun very similar in airflow, but the flavor is much better.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Kayfun V4 is not at all a lung hitter! It has a very tight draw, and you can only use it for mouth to lung even with the airflow screw completely removed. The Tobeco and Infinite clones are both good - and of course a fraction of the price of the original. If you like the nautilus you'll find that kayfun very similar in airflow, but the flavor is much better.
Thanks, I was refering the ''Eleaf Lemo'' as a lung hitter. I mention that since the store had it in stock, and they recommended it.
They don't have the Kayfun V4 in stock, so I would need to buy it from england or something. It will take a bit more time to arrive, but I have no other option.
Thanks, I will try it out ! : D

Edit: Does it really costs 180 dollars? I don't want to buy a fake one.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I was refering the ''Eleaf Lemo'' as a lung hitter. I mention that since the store had it in stock, and they recommended it.
They don't have the Kayfun V4 in stock, so I would need to buy it from england or something. It will take a bit more time to arrive, but I have no other option.
Thanks, I will try it out ! : D

Edit: Does it really costs 180 dollars? I don't want to buy a fake one.

That's why I suggested a clone LOL The real thing is incredibly overpriced in my opinion, and at $20 the clones are a great way to see how you like them (apart from being very well made)! The Infinite clone from fasttech is very good and comes with a bunch of spare o rings (that you may need).

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's why I suggested a clone LOL The real thing is incredibly overpriced in my opinion, and at $20 the clones are a great way to see how you like them (apart from being very well made)! The Infinite clone from fasttech is very good and comes with a bunch of spare o rings (that you may need).
I think I will go with the ''Infinite'' version. They had some better reviews and they also got a improved version on Fasttech for 29 dollars.
Thanks, for the help!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm been thinking that the smalles air-flow on the Subtank mini doesn't seem to be that big. Maybe if I make a 1.6ohm and change the drip tip, I could maybe vape high nicotine on it? I will probably buy the Kayfun but I don't have the pation to wait for a month.

If you think that would work, what drip tip would you recommend? I can't find a drip tip that is not so wide on the Subtank mini.
I need a more narrow one. More like a cigarette wide. Mouth to lung. That's the idea I want for my tank.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD Hi, I made a new thread that hasn't been watched yet. Not sure if I maybe placed it wrong, but could you help me with this:

I decided to try out the RBA option on my Subtank mini.
I get this cotton taste. No flavor at all.

I used 28 Gauge Kanthal A1 wire, 7 wraps and 3ml screwdriver. I was going for 1.8 ohm but it reads 2.0 ohm.
I used small amount of cotton, so I don't block the juice holes. I didn't pack it to tight, and it's fluffy. I used 4ml wide cotton. The Juice I use is 80% PG. The lenght of the cotton is a bit longer than the ''pancake method''

I also juice the cotton and the coil has no space between the wraps. It glows from the inside to the outside.
I'm new to this, so many things could have gone wrong, but what is the reason that it doesn't taste anything? Just cotton.

Is it that the juice holes are blocked? Or maybe the cotton was to wide or to narrow when I insert it into the coil?
I'm pretty lost here. I have tried it many times, and this time I though I was doing it perfect. I made the juice by myself and it has 20% flavor. I know it has a taste since I have been using the exact same on a other tank that uses a coil.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A 2 ohm coil is pretty high in resistance. What wattage are you vaping it at?

You might try making a new coil to come in around 1.2 ohms. If you're not getting dry hits you're not blocking the juice channels, so that's ok.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A 2 ohm coil is pretty high in resistance. What wattage are you vaping it at?

You might try making a new coil to come in around 1.2 ohms. If you're not getting dry hits you're not blocking the juice channels, so that's ok.
I could try to make 1.2ohm but I'm afraid the throat hit would be to much since I use 12mg nicotine.
I only have 28 gauge Kanthal so I cannot use anything else. What screwdriver size would you recommend? I see many people prefer the 2mm but I have been using 3mm. Not sure if that could be the problem.

I don't get any dry hits. Maybe because I use 80% PG, but not to sure about that. Juice holes was not blocked, alteast it wasn't before I screwed the tank togehter. I was careful to not use to much cotton, so I'm not sure if it is even possible to block the juice holes with so little cotton.

Also, does it matter if the coil has space between the wraps or not? I use a coil tool, so the coils I make doesn't have space between wraps.
If iy needs space, I could try to stretch it or something.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use this for getting the right coil resistance: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp. You can still use the 3mm mandrel but use less wraps to bring the resitance down a bit. Did you try increasing the wattage to get more flavor? What wattage are you using?

I make contact coils also - you should still be getting great flavor.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Use this for getting the right coil resistance: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp. You can still use the 3mm mandrel but use less wraps to bring the resitance down a bit. Did you try increasing the wattage to get more flavor? What wattage are you using?

I make contact coils also - you should still be getting great flavor.
Sorry I forgot to mention the wattage.I have been trying from 10-15Watts. Currently I use 13W right now.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I forgot to mention the wattage.I have been trying from 10-15Watts. Currently I use 13W right now.
Nowhere near enough to get any flavor out of that coil. Try turning it up - if you taste burning turn it down - that's your sweet spot.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nowhere near enough to get any flavor out of that coil. Try turning it up - if you taste burning turn it down - that's your sweet spot.
It started to taste weird at 35W. I think the sweet spot is 30W but the throat hit is to much. I'm going to change a juice with 50% VG.
I always choke with so much VG, but that is maybe because I only vape between 10-15W. Maybe if I turn it up, it would be better.
I will also try to make a 1.6ohm coil. 2.0ohm is probably to high. I was really going for 1.8 but I got 2.0.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It started to taste weird at 35W. I think the sweet spot is 30W but the throat hit is to much. I'm going to change a juice with 50% VG.
I always choke with so much VG, but that is maybe because I only vape between 10-15W. Maybe if I turn it up, it would be better.
I will also try to make a 1.6ohm coil. 2.0ohm is probably to high. I was really going for 1.8 but I got 2.0.

30 watts sounds about right!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
30 watts sounds about right!
I made a new coil. It reads 1.4ohm. I was going for 1.6ohm. I used even less cotton this time, to be sure that the juice holes are not blocked.
I change E-juice to a 50/50 PG VG and it works great. I don't have the cotton taste anymore, but I cannot go near 30W this time.
I vape it at 15W now. Everything over taste weird. I don't know if it's the wicking, the coil or the juice that only can handle 15W compared to the previous setup were I used 30W.

I'm pretty sure I haven't done everything perfectly. I'm new to this. especially RDA. But if 15W works for me, I guess that is good enough.
Thanks for your help. Now I can vape on the RBA : D

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD I just found out that there are more versions of the Subtank mini. Do you know how many version there are?
Also, do you know if the RTA section is the same size in the Plus, mini and the Nano?
I prefer smaller tanks, but if there is a difference sizes in the RTA section, I might take the biggest one since it's easier to work with.

I couldn't find anywhere how many version there are. I only know two of them, and I might buy the new version because of the juice holes.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The rba is the same for both the big one and the mini. There is no rba for the nano, because it's too small! There are really only two main versions of the subtanks (apart from the very first original big subtank). The earlier (not the original) ones have an rba section with just channels, and the later version has a different rba with a small screw at the bottom and holes for the juice to wick.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD Do you know about any drip tip that looks like the Aspire nautilus drip tip, but with a size 510?
My Nautilus drip tip doesn't fit the Subtank mini or the iJust 2 but I really like the drip tip. It's not wide and it's just perfect.
I just got a drip tip in my mail today, but it was to wide. Don't understand why Aspire says it's a 510 when it doesn't fit other devices?
I have read that some people say you should change the O-ring but the drip tip stops even before the O-ring touches the tank. It's just to wide at the bottom.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD Do you know about any drip tip that looks like the Aspire nautilus drip tip, but with a size 510?
My Nautilus drip tip doesn't fit the Subtank mini or the iJust 2 but I really like the drip tip. It's not wide and it's just perfect.
I just got a drip tip in my mail today, but it was to wide. Don't understand why Aspire says it's a 510 when it doesn't fit other devices?
I have read that some people say you should change the O-ring but the drip tip stops even before the O-ring touches the tank. It's just to wide at the bottom.

I never use stock drip tips - they're always metal, and I don't like metal! I'm totally hooked on some like these, which seem to fit every tank I use: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010844/1926400-turquoise-stainless-steel-510-drip-tip-3-pack

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure if you have tried the Nautilus drip tip or the Subtank mini drip tip. But how would you compare the width size to the one you posted against the Subtank/Nautilus drip tip? I'm looking for something more narrow drip tip. Subtank is just to wide, and I want something similar to the Nautilus when it comes to the width size.

Metal/plastic or glass isn't to important for me. I just need something more narrow in width lenght. If it is narrow, I will buy the one you posted : )

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure if you have tried the Nautilus drip tip or the Subtank mini drip tip. But how would you compare the width size to the one you posted against the Subtank/Nautilus drip tip? I'm looking for something more narrow drip tip. Subtank is just to wide, and I want something similar to the Nautilus when it comes to the width size.

Metal/plastic or glass isn't to important for me. I just need something more narrow in width lenght. If it is narrow, I will buy the one you posted : )
Used them both! Can't remember though, because I only use these now! The ones I use aren't wide bore though. Finding drip tips you like is trial and error!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Used them both! Can't remember though, because I only use these now! The ones I use aren't wide bore though. Finding drip tips you like is trial and error!
Thanks, I will give them a try. I hope they are narrow. Don't like wide drip tips, since I mostly mouth to lung hit. The shape of the drip tips isn't that important for me. As long they are not wide, I think I will be fine.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@AmandaD i just got my Kanger Subtank mini V2 from Fasttech. Pretty fast shipping. Ordered it on last Freday.
But I have some problems with it. The adjustable air hole doesn't spin around how it should. It's really hard compared to the Subtank mini I have now.
Also, was there a silicon around where you put the OCC coil in? On the bottom base, the part were the air hole is to prevent juice going in there?
I thought I saw silicon there, but when I put the RBA down I couldn't screw it down. No the silicon is gone. So I'm wondering if I actually saw silicon.

I want to know if this is how it should be, before I complain to fasttech.
I haven't tried the tank yet, since I think something is wrong with it, and I want to return it.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD i just got my Kanger Subtank mini V2 from Fasttech. Pretty fast shipping. Ordered it on last Freday.
But I have some problems with it. The adjustable air hole doesn't spin around how it should. It's really hard compared to the Subtank mini I have now.
Also, was there a silicon around where you put the OCC coil in? On the bottom base, the part were the air hole is to prevent juice going in there?
I thought I saw silicon there, but when I put the RBA down I couldn't screw it down. No the silicon is gone. So I'm wondering if I actually saw silicon.

I want to know if this is how it should be, before I complain to fasttech.
I haven't tried the tank yet, since I think something is wrong with it, and I want to return it.
Its a good tank...make sure your coil is screwed in TIGHTLY and the silicon gaskets are in place... I'm not sure if the airflow ring is designed to spin completely around..it doesn't on my V2 shown here on the Provari..just sayin
c4c837f06ef1bb49a665ff06d8bde490.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its a good tank...make sure your coil is screwed in TIGHTLY and the silicon gaskets are in place... I'm not sure if the airflow ring is designed to spin completely around..it doesn't on my V2 shown here on the Provari..just sayin
c4c837f06ef1bb49a665ff06d8bde490.jpg

I don't mean like spin around like it's not locking. But I cannot adjust the air flow without using force. I have to use a lot of force to adjust it.
Not like on my Subtank mini that I got without the second version of the RBA.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mean like spin around like it's not locking. But I cannot adjust the air flow without using force. I have to use a lot of force to adjust it.
Not like on my Subtank mini that I got without the second version of the RBA.
Probly just a little tight being brand new.
If you can adj it (with a little force) I would prime the coil, fill it up, screw in the base and vape it..lol

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Probly just a little tight being brand new.
If you can adj it (with a little force) I would prime the coil, fill it up, screw in the base and vape it..lol

I don't want to test it yet. I'm pretty sure the ring shouldn't be this thight. I think I the same base on my other Subtank and it was never this hard to adjust it.
Since I often adjust the air flow, it wouldn't work because I would be unscrewing the tank from the MOD. I could try to spin it around and see if it gets more loose.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't want to test it yet. I'm pretty sure the ring shouldn't be this thight. I think I the same base on my other Subtank and it was never this hard to adjust it.
Since I often adjust the air flow, it wouldn't work because I would be unscrewing the tank from the MOD. I could try to spin it around and see if it gets more loose.
Actually I gave the Provari/Mini to my sister who likes to tootle puff (MTL)
But once she has the airflow where she likes it that's it..she doesn't move it, using the 1.2 ohm coil.. Airflow on that coil is tight, even for her...
Its all specultive though...I didn't like the Mini much anyway...lol

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually I gave the Provari/Mini to my sister who likes to tootle puff (MTL)
But once she has the airflow where she likes it that's it..she doesn't move it, using the 1.2 ohm coil.. Airflow on that coil is tight, even for her...
Its all specultive though...I didn't like the Mini much anyway...lol

If it wasn't for that I adjust the airflow often, I would be fine with that. I have adjust it several times now, and it works better now, but it's still not good. The tank comes of the MOD when I adjust it to one of the side.
Also it's not just that it's hard to adjust it. But It doesn't go smoth arund if you know what I mean by that. It's like the machining wasn't any good, and I don't really like when the product has errors that I didn't cause myself. especially when I buy authentic ones.

Can't actually believe it's a authentic one. That is something Kanger would consider as ''not good''
I will probably send it back to fasttech, and buy it somewhere else.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it wasn't for that I adjust the airflow often, I would be fine with that. I have adjust it several times now, and it works better now, but it's still not good. The tank comes of the MOD when I adjust it to side.
Also it's not just that it's hard to adjust it. But It doesn't go smoth arund if you know what I mean by that. It's like the machining wasn't any good, and I don't really like when the product has errors that I didn't cause myself. especially when I buy authentic ones.

Can't actually believe it's a authentic one. That is something Kanger would consider as ''not good''
I will probably send it back to fasttech, and buy it somewhere else.
Personally I never order anything from China...too risky getting my credit card hacked, and the long wait times I hear about.. :(
I got the Mini from SweetVapes, and their customer service is good for returns... I tend to like vendors with good customer service should I have a problem, like you have with your Mini..
Wish I could help more, good luck!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally I never order anything from China...too risky getting my credit card hacked, and the long wait times I hear about.. :(
I got the Mini from SweetVapes, and their customer service is good for returns... I tend to like vendors with good customer service should I have a problem, like you have with your Mini..
Wish I could help more, good luck!

Thanks for your help : )
I'm sending it back to Fasttech tomorrow.
I'm ordering now from a shop in my Country. A bit more expensive, but I'm pretty sure the quality will be excellent and shipping is 1-2 days : D

EDIT:
btw, do you know if the black color Subtank mini is only the version 2?
The shop didn't know if it was version 1 or 2. But I think the black color version can only be version 2 right?

VU Sponsors