Become a Patron!

Subtank mini&iStick 50w how low can I go with ohm

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I'm going to buy kangertech subtank mini and iStick 50w, I was wondering of rebuilding my own coils on the RBA base and how low can I go in ohms?
Thanks for the answers!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape mine happily at 0.4ohms. There are other factors to consider like ohms law and the abilty of the iStick's output. That I can't answer.

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay thanks. Is there any noticeable difference in the stock 0.5ohm and custcustom 0.4?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't get on with the stock coils. I thought they tasted rough compared to my own builds. I fitted one in a sub tank nano and didn't vape it that much. It sat aound for a few weeks but still died. Seems like time took it's toll. But really I stopped using stock coils a long time ago. As you probably already know, building your own is always going to be better as you'll make it the way you like it. And self builds last a long time. Just rewick.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll add that my 0.4 builds give me no problems. They don't overheat and they give me the impression going lower would be ok

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By the way, how many watts do you use for that 0.4ohm?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only use them on mechs. I have a ZERO Modz 50 watt on the way which I'l try them on but won't know for another week. I'm reckoning around 30 watts-ish?

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay,yeah I guessed it would need something around 30watts :b

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
the istick's do not fire anything below .5ohms..
might want to think on that..

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didnt knew that.. What other mod would you recommend for that price point?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i found a ipv mini 2 for 66.00

i am sure there are other deals out there, lower for the mod that is coming to me..
found out after i bought it..

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont know.. The istick is ready to go and for the ipv i gotta buy batteries and a charger.. I guess ill stick to 0.5ohm or search for another mod with installed battery..

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Imo, the Istick 50w with the Kanger mini subtank is best when you are vaping for flavor, even when going down to .3 or so. Thats just my opinion though. For clouds Id pick something different. For flavor go for it.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
mine wont go below .5ohms
i know, i tried.. then again, it vapes without me at times, so i am trying to return it.

Does your fire button get stuck sometimes? Thats happened to me twice

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Does your fire button get stuck sometimes? Thats happened to me twice

no.. i can vape on it and it stops on it's own..
its when i set it down.. and not touch it, it comes back on..
contacted mbv (shoulda known better than to buy it there, but i did) and sending it back in the morning..
i cant take a chance on it doing it again..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An istick 50 would be a great mod for the subtank mini. 50w covers the tanks potential and going super low with resistance isn't necessary when you have the ability to adjust the applied voltage. It's a great combo, I say get it.

Christonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
An istick 50 would be a great mod for the subtank mini. 50w covers the tanks potential and going super low with resistance isn't necessary when you have the ability to adjust the applied voltage. It's a great combo, I say get it.
Yeah, thanks, im getting it!

VU Sponsors