Become a Patron!

Subtank Mini V2 RBA

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanting to know what gauge of Kanthal will work best for building .3 - .8ohm coils on this RBA Deck.
Im also wanting to rebuild the Vertical OCC's and need to make sure the wire I purchase will work for that as well.
Ive seen people use 24g, 26, and 28g for the this, but dont know which would be best.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I used my subtank mini all the time, I would use 26 gauge kanthal. 5-6 wraps on the little screwdriver they give you with the tank would give me about .5 - .6 ohms on the rba. Basically the same as CantWin

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
26 ga is my go to on my rba for my mini v2 but i did mine on 2.5 mm jig 7 wraps came out to 1.0 ohm and hits wonderful with great flavor.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use nickle, but building with nickle is a little bit different. You also need a temp control mod or a mod that can handle a really low ohm build.

So I started on the kanger mini...but I didn't care for the " throw away" coils, so I use the rba rebuild I guess it's called...but this to has its draw backs....for example this thing leaks if u don't have it just right....so now I'm looking to upgrade...I really wanna stay with the rebuild rba just a different model...any suggestions...

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Kanger mini - using the RBA - and there are no leaking problems. Did you tighten everything down properly? The screw on the side of the RBA needs to be tight enough to not allow juice to flow into the air channels. Also, the cotton needs to seal the juice holes on the sides. Not TOO tight, but enough to keep the flow to a medium level.

Oh, and don't forget to pit the cap back on the top of the RBA before you put it in the tank. Juice will go EVERYWHERE. Trust me... :oops:

sleepyi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found that the 3mm diameter coil inside the Subtank Mini RBA makes the draw too tight

or maybe I've just gotten too used to RDA's now.. :/

VU Sponsors