Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just received my Subtank Mini in the mail along with a pack of heads and an extra RBA base.

Since my master plan is to mostly get a few RBA heads and have them built and use them in rotation, the first thing I opened was the spare RBA.

Nicely made and I was kinda wondering how best to affix the base to something or other to hold the tiny sucker still and stable while I installed a coil and wick in it.

Anyway, I took a look at the base and the threads. Boy did they look familier........................

So I dug out my RBA tool kit, got out my old coil jig that has the hole to screw your RBA base into while you work on it.

Guess what? The little sucker seems to be 510 threaded!

Screwed very nicely into the provided hole no force needed and now I have a stable work platform!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received my Subtank Mini in the mail along with a pack of heads and an extra RBA base.

Since my master plan is to mostly get a few RBA heads and have them built and use them in rotation, the first thing I opened was the spare RBA.

Nicely made and I was kinda wondering how best to affix the base to something or other to hold the tiny sucker still and stable while I installed a coil and wick in it.

Anyway, I took a look at the base and the threads. Boy did they look familier........................

So I dug out my RBA tool kit, got out my old coil jig that has the hole to screw your RBA base into while you work on it.

Guess what? The little sucker seems to be 510 threaded!

Screwed very nicely into the provided hole no force needed and now I have a stable work platform!

It is? LOL I never realized - I always snag a base to stick it in!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have worked with small pieces and parts for many, many years so I have gotten rather adept at guessing the measurements of different items.

I looked at the base of the RBA and kinda thought "Hey, that looks kinda familiar" and even though I knew the size was close, I was surprised as you to find out that it was 510.

I am actually kind of surprised that no one has noticed this before and said something about it!

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are going to love the kanger with the rba in it, its all about wicking it right. Once you do flavor for days with no iusses.

VU Sponsors