Become a Patron!

Subtank RBA (v2) help!

hustlaz

Member For 4 Years
I'm having continual issues trying to wick the subtank rba (v2 - the one with the holes in the side).

Juice constantly spits and I feel as though I'm drinking more of the juice than vaping it!

I've tried using more cotton, and less cotton. I've tried folding the cotton down, and I've tried putting it 1-2mm through the side holes.

I've tried vaping at low watts, then rising. Bit less spitting at higher wattage, but then the vape just becomes too hot for me.

I've looked at multiple youtube clips (99% of them are for the v1 rba).

coils I'm using are between 0.8 - 1.2 ohms (contact coils - no spacing). juice is 50/50.

Can anyone help?

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried building to around .5 ohms?

hustlaz

Member For 4 Years
yes - slightly less hot spitting, but still getting bursts of juice in my mouth. Also after a few pulls, when i take the drip tip off, theres quite a bit of liquid sitting there.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best results I got were with alot of cotton stuffed in there and up against the juice holes but it still spit on me a bit

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine doesn't spit at all. Are you sure you subtank is dry when you build it? I use 50/50 20/80 and max VG and it won't get any spitting. Water boils a lot faster than your juice you could have some water in your juice. If so put it in the fridge for awhile it will suck the moisture out ( just a thought). Other wise I think you are doing all the right stuff.

hustlaz

Member For 4 Years
thanks guys. I tried an obscene amount of cotton packed in. No spitting, but was hard to pull. I'll start from this and slowly reduce the amount of cotton till I get it right.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks guys. I tried an obscene amount of cotton packed in. No spitting, but was hard to pull. I'll start from this and slowly reduce the amount of cotton till I get it right.
Try to get your coil as low as possible and when I got a lot of spitting it was bc my coil wasn't spaced well and had a hot spot also over packed it with cotton also the juice around the drip tip is normal nothing u can do about it really and what size coil are you wrapping

VU Sponsors