Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

The Subtanks aren't garbage, but they are what they are. What they are is a great entry-level/beginner sub-ohm tank that is almost bulletproof. It is also a great option for people that have non-TC 50w or less mods; the Subtanks perform their best between 15-40w depending on the coil you're using.

They're also relatively easy for a beginner to build on the RBA decks, which come with the tank. That is if you have the v2 Subtank (Nano, Mini, Plus).

They're not garbage, but they have their limitations.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
I went through the subtank phase. Technology has just outdated them. They were good in their prime

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Subtanks aren't garbage, but they are what they are. What they are is a great entry-level/beginner sub-ohm tank that is almost bulletproof. It is also a great option for people that have non-TC 50w or less mods; the Subtanks perform their best between 15-40w depending on the coil you're using.

They're also relatively easy for a beginner to build on the RBA decks, which come with the tank. That is if you have the v2 Subtank (Nano, Mini, Plus).

They're not garbage, but they have their limitations.

I totally agree!, All subtanks are not garbage!! Quite the opposite actually.. I used to drip but when I discovered the Crown my RDA's are back on the shelf..
Recently got the Smok tfv4 and love it with the triple coil at 75-80w..yes indeed, subtanks are not garbage..lol
c6c2cf749fb6598544e4755b8fe1bad3.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my 3.7v battery is going to push 3.7v to the circuit board every time I fire it regardless of what I have my wattage set to?

Yes it will (it will push whatever the voltage of the battery is in it's current state of charge). If you dialed up 3,7 watts, it would also draw 1 amp (assuming the batteries voltage is 3.7V), 7.4 amps would draw 2 amps, etc. As the voltage drops in your battery, the chip will draw more current from the battery to compensate for the drop in voltage.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally agree!, All subtanks are not garbage!! Quite the opposite actually.. I used to drip but when I discovered the Crown my RDA's are back on the shelf..
Recently got the Smok tfv4 and love it with the triple coil at 75-80w..yes indeed, subtanks are not garbage..lol
c6c2cf749fb6598544e4755b8fe1bad3.jpg

We're talking about THE Kanger Subtank.

9b3da50d74abfa9a94af76ec3fcd4f8d.jpg

(That one is actually a clone, but I actually like and, most importantly, use more than my genuine Subtank)

I realize that the word "subtank" has come to mean a tank that's capable of using sub-ohm coils. I just wanted to quash the disparaging "garbage" remarks about the Kanger Subtanks. As I said before, they're not garbage, but they have their limitations.

Some juices that taste wonky in my Subtanks at their optimal (non-burning) wattage taste amazing in my Crown at 50+ watts.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're talking about THE Kanger Subtank.

9b3da50d74abfa9a94af76ec3fcd4f8d.jpg

(That one is actually a clone, but I actually like and, most importantly, use more than my genuine Subtank)

I realize that the word "subtank" has come to mean a tank that's capable of using sub-ohm coils. I just wanted to quash the disparaging "garbage" remarks about the Kanger Subtanks. As I said before, they're not garbage, but they have their limitations.

Some juices that taste wonky in my Subtanks at their optimal (non-burning) wattage taste amazing in my Crown at 50+ watts.

My bad,! I read subtanks were garbage I freaked out,. Lol

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sub tanks can be fine. I use my crown with the prebuilt coils. I use my TVF4 with the RBA deck (that everyone wants to hate) and great a wonderful vape. But lately I have been going back to my RTAs - the bellus is great, the zephyrus is nice, the billow V2 corrected all the problems and works fine now. My friend has a crius which seems darn good too.

I've said this before - we are spoiled for choice now. I have five tanks I happily use on a regular basis. I have gifted some excellent tanks away simply because I have more than I need. I am also sure that a new tank will come that I MUST have. It happens I also have a sub tank mini with RBA on top of a VTC (my second VTC). It is a white VTC with the white sub tank mini. Now how can you not like that, lol. My RBA is built at around .4 ohm and works like a charm.

There seems a push towards vaping at higher wattages lately. Mods are more powerful, coils are built to handle 100+ watts. But I have mechs if I want to indulge myself - I do only occasionally. I think vapers almost have to go through phases. I went almost full circle. I used mechs - dual parrallel and even series mods - for over a year. I bought the 100+ watt mods. Now I'm back where I started happily vaping at 35-45 watts - well I started lower but in today's worlds 35 watts is low.

There is room for cloud chasers and flavor chasers today. I like a nice flavorful vape at lower wattages nowadays. I don't feel the need to go ut and get a wismec reuleux. I do own mods over 150+ watts but I vape them at 35 watts - I would happily trade them for a smaller stealthier mod. The only reason I use my HCigar VT200 is for the battery life and because it is one of the slimmer DNA200s.

For the record my favorite tank is the bellus RTA. After the bellus I like my mini TFV4 with a .5 RBA coil on it. That is just me. Everyone has to find their own sweet spots. My favorite mods to put my sub ohm tanks on are the Evic VTCs, BTW. At 35 watts they last me all day. My sigelei 75 watt runs out of juice way faster with a sub ohm tank on top.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The local shop didn't have my coils for my new cyclone tank...but I got some new 24k clapton .5 coils for my Atlantis and Im in lala land. Highly recommended!!!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The local shop didn't have my coils for my new cyclone tank...but I got some new 24k clapton .5 coils for my Atlantis and Im in lala land. Highly recommended!!!
Humm... may have to try.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg Not quite a subtank, but my new Steam Crave Aromamizer is kicking ass and taking names! Really lovin it right now; doesn't have the option for prebuilt coils, but this velocity deck and the general design of the tank are awesome.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 35645 Not quite a subtank, but my new Steam Crave Aromamizer is kicking ass and taking names! Really lovin it right now; doesn't have the option for prebuilt coils, but this velocity deck and the general design of the tank are awesome.
looking to get into aromamizer or crius, one of the 2. from what ive heard new crius also has velocity style deck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crius looks much better imo, but I am absolutely loving the Aromamizer. Haven't been able to put it down! For a while I went back to my drippers (my derringer, picked up that Hannya Postless) but I wanted to get back to my tanks for my commute to and from work. The Aromamizer provides that dripper punch-you-in-the-face flavor that I've been looking for out of a tank thanks to the velocity deck. I can only imagine the Crius is just as awesome.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 35645 Not quite a subtank, but my new Steam Crave Aromamizer is kicking ass and taking names! Really lovin it right now; doesn't have the option for prebuilt coils, but this velocity deck and the general design of the tank are awesome.

I believe they now do have pre-built coils fir the aromamizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice catch..... Only a few months into this, looks straight forward learning to build while being able to use prebuilt. The 0.3 coil pics are online and sure dont look like typical coils. Looks like they could easily be rewicked from my untrained eye....

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
im waiting for maddcattvapors to get the vapeston version in stock. I must try the ceramic coil

Cackalacky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I agree wholeheartedly. I thought the TFV4 with dual RBA was the business till I got my first Aromamizer. I'm coming into the discussion late in the game, but isn't it just amazing how far tanks have come since this thread was started in March? Back then I was like a pig in slop with my Delta II and Subtank Mini. Imagine what Christmas 2016 will bring!

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree wholeheartedly. I thought the TFV4 with dual RBA was the business till I got my first Aromamizer. I'm coming into the discussion late in the game, but isn't it just amazing how far tanks have come since this thread was started in March? Back then I was like a pig in slop with my Delta II and Subtank Mini. Imagine what Christmas 2016 will bring!
It's pure insanity isnt it? But I think for NOW I should be satisfied with my velocity decks (fucking shinyitis... I now have the Aromamizer, a velocity, AND a Crius that is on the way.) closest ice gotten to the RDA flavor experience and I don't think my wallet can take much more anyway. Hahah

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ahh it seems that everybody is talking TFV4,Aromamizer and so on.In fact I tried a subohm tank,which is better than them.It is Indulgence Mutank,which is new released,I also got them several days ago.It can power from 30w-150w,and it hasn't been leaked until now since I got it.The large vapor and taste flavor is awesome.Not too many people know them now,for it is new.But I strongly recommend indeed.For it is the best bitch tank I never seen before

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lori, is there a reliable US vendor who has the Mutank and coils in stock? TFV4 coming but is Mutank a good combination of what Aromamizer and TFV4 would do? I know there is no perfect tank. I have time do deal with this now but work gets busy again around Jan 6, so whatever I have by then will need to tide me over for a good 6 months.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aromamizer and Crius are on my gotta get eventually list!!! Shinyitis got to me and I ordered a Smok Koopor Mini 60W TC. Couldn't resist for $29, shipping included. Dang I'm weak...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
looks good and easy to use
after christmas when i figure out the crius,this looks like the next step

Cackalacky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another over price tank
$20 bucks let's go

VAPE ON

Really? You'd never be able to buy a machined piece of stainless that is American engineered and produced for anywhere close to what they're asking. I find it amazing the Chinese can do this, and have it distributed for this cost. Those poor folks who work in the shops must make practically no money. Then again maybe I'm in lala land and don't know it. :cool:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Chinese are the NO.1 exporter of metal products in the world...
Cheap labor
Unlimited amount of METAL PRODUCTS they can always keep it low, geekvape is a new company.... And yes FOR ME this is over price!

VAPE ON

Cackalacky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Chinese are the NO.1 exporter of metal products in the world...
Cheap labor
Unlimited amount of METAL PRODUCTS they can always keep it low, geekvape is a new company.... And yes FOR ME this is over price!

VAPE ON

Yeah, with a gazillion people they do have an unlimited supply of people needing work.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might as well add the griffin to that list. It's on mine lol
Oh yeah... after seeing you can fit 3+mm coils in it! Just moved to the top of my list!!!

Edit:
Never mind... Griffin Ordered
Cvapor for $32.26 (10% off) with Discount Code: AVU10OFF and free shipping.

Last edited:

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The sub ohm tank I'm waiting for is this one http://www.vaperoyalty.com/ud-zephyrus-sub-ohm-tank/

I would imagine it being a very comfortable draw, especially with that monster of a chimney

I own this tank, it was the first tank I bought after my initial Kanger Subtank Nano. Going from a subtank to the zephyrus is a nice jump, but after trying other tanks the UD was probably my least favorite. The coils didn't last but for a week for me, and at the time they were hard to find. I own a bunch of different tanks now and my top 2 would be the Herakles Plus, and the indulgence MT-RTA. I just though id share my experience with the UD and maybe help you out.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I hadn't seen much talk about it, one Rip Trippers video I stumbled on and another comment or two here. But I saw it and had to have it. The Haze Dripper Tank, does anyone else have one? I got it yesterday, plugged in a coil, and it was great. Flavor and cloudage was on point. With the design the idea of a dry hit kind of seems impossible. Anyways, with how happy I was with it, I'm just a bit surprised there is so little talk about it. It has a low juice capacity but easily refilled. No threading which may be an issue in "on the go" situations (a concern of mine at least). But the thing is pretty sweet.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
reliable US vendor who h

there a reliable US vendor who has the Mutank and coils in stock? TFV4 coming but is Mutank a good combination of what Aromamizer and TFV4 would do? I know there is no pe
Lori, is there a reliable US vendor who has the Mutank and coils in stock? TFV4 coming but is Mutank a good combination of what Aromamizer and TFV4 would do? I know there is no perfect tank. I have time do deal with this now but work gets busy again around Jan 6, so whatever I have by then will need to tide me over for a good 6 months.
Yes,at current tank market,there isn't a perfect tank,for example TFV4,it can't hold a good flavor when works on a high wattage.About Mutank,it can't say a combination,for it is another kind of subohm tank,and it works great,TFV4 and Uwell and so on can't compete with it,especially the vapor and flavor based on a high wattage.
Yes,I bought from https://www.elementvape.com/mutank-rta-sub-ohm-tank-by-indulgence
They have it in stock,both of the tank and coil,you could have one to try,and talk with me more after trying,I have faith you will have same opinion with me haha

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And share a review about Mutank,which I seen today.You will know more about it :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't but my plan is to trade my brother my old Atlantis with a ton of replacement coils for his subtank just to play with it :). I figure I can play with it and hopefully give better advice as it seems it's the best entry level setup. Or at least the most common. Still love my Atlantis but I'm rotating 3 tanks as it is and I don't need more (2 tfv4's and my new Haze Dripper Tank).

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
im waiting for maddcattvapors to get the vapeston version in stock. I must try the ceramic coil

Fyi, the Freemax version of the 0.3 ceramic coil started to appear on Ebay and Vapecrawler yesterday. I ordered those and a cheap Starre V2 to try it out in. They will work in all versions of Starre and Maganus as there is no change in dimensions. As for similar like Herakles, Atlantis V2, and Lemo, I am not sure.....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember when the Atlantis had those ceramic wick coils that were highly regarded as dangerous..they switched to organic cotton ....

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn dude you are the only one I've heard of with crown issues. Makes me think it's bum coils. Dud you get them from ecig.com, i heard some of theirs were fakes. Try the pin in cotton trick ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
How do you like the Crown compared to your others?

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn dude you are the only one I've heard of with crown issues. Makes me think it's bum coils. Dud you get them from ecig.com, i heard some of theirs were fakes. Try the pin in cotton trick ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
How do you like the Crown compared to your others?

VU Sponsors