Subtank won't fire on a P3

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought a sub tank and can't get it to work. I filled it up and was ready to cape and no go. I am using the .5 that came in the unit. I have a Provari 3. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe the P3 can not sub ohm?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I can see there is a 20w, 5.5a limit. That gets you to a low resistance limit of 0.66 ohm. Amp limit is what's holding you back, 20w without a low amp limit is 0.45 ohms.
Try the higher resistance head, should still work well.

Screenshot_2015-01-01-07-47-15.png

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I changes to the 1.2 head and it works, yeah! So the .5 heads won't work. That is a bummer.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be able to accomplish about the same vape with a VW device. An unregulated mech mod would want the lower resistance coil to vape well as you can't adjust it... you get 4.1v to about 3.7v and then charge back to 4.2. Put the provari right where you want it for the higher resistance coil.

Not into kangers but that one looks like a nice atty for a replaceable head type deal. Enjoy the new toy, I love new stuff :D

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought a sub tank and can't get it to work. I filled it up and was ready to cape and no go. I am using the .5 that came in the unit. I have a Provari 3. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe the P3 can not sub ohm?
The lowest you can go on the P3 is 0.7 Ohms.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you I will enjoy it. I bought it to possibly start messing around with rebuildables. Obviously I don't have a great grasp on ohms law so am scared to start with unregulated. I would love a mechanical though and am starting to learn through youtube the safety stuff. Once my budget allows I may take the leap.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you I will enjoy it. I bought it to possibly start messing around with rebuildables. Obviously I don't have a great grasp on ohms law so am scared to start with unregulated. I would love a mechanical though and am starting to learn through youtube the safety stuff. Once my budget allows I may take the leap.
You might want to look at a 50W box mod before you jump into mechanical mods. You get all the safety features plus the ability to get a really good vape on a rebuild-able. plus you can build a low ohm coil on your subtank, or run the .5 Ohm heads at 20-40 watts if you wish.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
True I have been considering one of those too. You are right that is probably the better choice as the next step. I really like the hana mod but they are pricey.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Kayfun 4 mounted to your provari using the p3 connector would be a fantastic setup. The 20watt limit would be perfect as a 28g single coil build on a kayfun really shines around the 14-19 watt range. You'd never use a pre built coil device again. You have a great mod. Put a great atty on it. The p3 and k4 almost seem to be designed to be together.

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am going to try and build one. I have a big dripper clone but can't get it apart to even look at the deck. So can't do that. I have a kayfun clone too that someone kindly PIF'd to me. I plan to take the leap and give building a whirl. The only other batteries I have are ego's and an stick. I don't like either though.

VU Sponsors