Become a Patron!

Subvod Troubleshooting for Newbie

I am a vaping newbie, and just decided to upgrade from a cig-a-like to a Kanger Subvod. It just arrived today. I was super excited, but I cannot get it to work out of the box. Here is what is going on:

1) The battery is charged (green light on the bottom)
2) The battery us on (five clicks - five blinks of the light around the fire button)
3) When the tank is NOT connected to the battery, and I press the fire button, the light around it lights up
4) When the tank is connected, and I press the fire button, nothing happens (no light) and it will not fire.
5) When the battery is connected to the usb charger and a power source, and the tank is connected to the battery, and I press the fire button it blinks 3 times.

I have already tried 3 different coils.

Any ideas? This is completely new to me, so it is likely to be user error, but I don't know what I don't know.

UPDATE: After I literally did nothing (left it alone for awhile) it is now suddenly working. I would still appreciate any ideas in case it happens again. If not, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's the strangest thing I've ever heard! I wish I had an answer for that but I'm stumped. I have both versions of the subvod (original and mega tc) and I've had problems with both but nothing like that. Hopefully someone can explain something cause I'd like to know as well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have the mod or atty, but welcome aboard, both of you......:vino:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No idea, man. Gremlins, lol. Glad it's working for you now.
And Welcome :cheers:

SignMan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been reading stuff on here for almost a year but I never have been the online social type until recently. I can't get into Facebook and all that but when it comes to vaping im all in. Its the only thing that got me off cigs and love it. Now my wife hates on me for collecting gear and my response? I'm not smoking honey

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am a vaping newbie, and just decided to upgrade from a cig-a-like to a Kanger Subvod. It just arrived today. I was super excited, but I cannot get it to work out of the box. Here is what is going on:

1) The battery is charged (green light on the bottom)
2) The battery us on (five clicks - five blinks of the light around the fire button)
3) When the tank is NOT connected to the battery, and I press the fire button, the light around it lights up
4) When the tank is connected, and I press the fire button, nothing happens (no light) and it will not fire.
5) When the battery is connected to the usb charger and a power source, and the tank is connected to the battery, and I press the fire button it blinks 3 times.

I have already tried 3 different coils.

Any ideas? This is completely new to me, so it is likely to be user error, but I don't know what I don't know.

UPDATE: After I literally did nothing (left it alone for awhile) it is now suddenly working. I would still appreciate any ideas in case it happens again. If not, thanks for reading!

Take it to the local vape shop. That's your best bet.

Good luck!

VU Sponsors