Suck my balls

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting a cloupor mini soon. I think I will be fine with 30w for a good while, but I may eventually want a bit more power. Where can I buy a decent 40w or 50w chip that will support the cloupor charging board and pass through functionality? The cloupor mini is a single 18650. I don't care if the chip is a clone or not as long as it is quality, and I don't care if it has tc or not as I don't intend to use tc as long as it having or claiming to have tc makes no difference in price as I won't pay extra for a feature I'm not going to use. I know all the tc fanboys are going to chime in and say "better to have and not need", but I literally have 0 interest in tc so if you show me two chips and one has tc and one doesn't, I'm going to buy the cheaper one regardless. Why do I want a bigger chip instead of just buying a new mod later on? Well for starters, I really want to keep the small size. I think the cloupor mini is a very nice mod, and in terms of what features I am looking for, there is very little that it lacks. Secondly, instead of buying several mods to stock up, I can just buy several chips and rebuild the same mod over and over. Simpler that way afaic. Stocking up on mods won't be cheap to begin with. I've looked on several sites and haven't found any 40w chips yet and I'm not sure a single battery is enough for 50w. Maybe I am wrong. But that's why I'm here asking questions.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
deleted link,,realized helping somebody like this was not too smart of an idea on my part

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
None of those say what wattage they are, and don't look like they come with a screen or buttons. All the chips I have seen say they are chips and what wattage they are, they don't say pwm (which stands for pulse width management) and they don't say PCB, they say chip.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Double post.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah dude, chips and boards are two different things.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A chip for a regulated mod comes with a screen and buttons. None of those items do. Pwm is not the same as a chip that does variable wattage.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of mods use pwm to regulate wattage, but pwm doesn't change the amount of watts a mod is capable of. The chip still controls that. What I am looking for is a chip. The chip will already be attached to a board. All that site you linked to sells are boards. No use buying a board when the chip doesn't come separate anyway. The reason the chip comes with the board, screen and buttons is so you can just solder it right in.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PWM=Pulse Width Modulation I thought.

Look up evolv and sx chips basically the two biggest manufacturers at this point.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are correct, it is pulse width modulation.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might consider buying a cloud maker. Chips are drop in and its going to be a modular unit for future chipsets/ power supplies.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting a cloupor mini soon. I think I will be fine with 30w for a good while, but I may eventually want a bit more power. Where can I buy a decent 40w or 50w chip that will support the cloupor charging board and pass through functionality? The cloupor mini is a single 18650. I don't care if the chip is a clone or not as long as it is quality, and I don't care if it has tc or not as I don't intend to use tc as long as it having or claiming to have tc makes no difference in price as I won't pay extra for a feature I'm not going to use. I know all the tc fanboys are going to chime in and say "better to have and not need", but I literally have 0 interest in tc so if you show me two chips and one has tc and one doesn't, I'm going to buy the cheaper one regardless. Why do I want a bigger chip instead of just buying a new mod later on? Well for starters, I really want to keep the small size. I think the cloupor mini is a very nice mod, and in terms of what features I am looking for, there is very little that it lacks. Secondly, instead of buying several mods to stock up, I can just buy several chips and rebuild the same mod over and over. Simpler that way afaic. Stocking up on mods won't be cheap to begin with. I've looked on several sites and haven't found any 40w chips yet and I'm not sure a single battery is enough for 50w. Maybe I am wrong. But that's why I'm here asking questions.

Ridiculous post. You can buy a VTC mini or an IPV D2 for less than $40.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ridiculous post. You can buy a VTC mini or an IPV D2 for less than $40.
Thanks, didn't ask for your opinion on my choice of mod.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they replied to your email that fast eh ?/ email them
No, I can tell by looking at their site they don't sell the type of chip I am looking for. I don't need to email them, it would just be a waste of my time and theirs.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
much the same way you are wasting bandwidth with this stupid,pointless thread
If you don't agree with it, don't read and don't comment. I do not care, it is not my problem if you feel your time is wasted commenting on my thread. On with you.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is no reason that I cannot buy the chip I want and put it in the mod I want, assuming that the mod can hold the number/size of batteries necessary to power the chip. There is no reason anyone should judge me for wanting to do so. If you do not like it or agree with it, then stay out of my thread because I do not care.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't go around telling you people what to do with your mods, but I will tell you what you can do with your arrogant and condescending attitudes

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to be rude Bean, or tell you that your thinking is flawed, but honestly buying a single chip from a reputable manufacturer is going to cost maybe 10-20$ less than buying a whole new mod with the chip you desire. Not only will this be economically sensible, but you will have multiple mods that meet multiple needs.

Honestly I've found there is almost a necessity for a "back up" with this technology, it's basically still in its infantcy, and things can and do go wrong, and not always at the most opportune times.

Now if your dead set on using your original mod and upgrading it yourself I would look into the two manufacturers I've mentioned previously. Maybe look on eBay or there is even a Chipset for sale in the classifieds atm. Make sure you get the dimensions of the chips, maybe even finding more than one source for the measurements, as a lot of the information we get is translated.

Goodluck with your endeavor.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is no reason that I cannot buy the chip I want and put it in the mod I want, assuming that the mod can hold the number/size of batteries necessary to power the chip. There is no reason anyone should judge me for wanting to do so. If you do not like it or agree with it, then stay out of my thread because I do not care.
Im confused so you want to buy an upgraded chip to upgrade your mod? dude why not just get a box then put any chip you want in it with your handy work so when you do want to upgrade whatever chip you want it is merely a faceplate and chip upgrade.. just a thought

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im confused so you want to buy an upgraded chip to upgrade your mod? dude why not just get a box then put any chip you want in it with your handy work so when you do want to upgrade whatever chip you want it is merely a faceplate and chip upgrade.. just a thought
That's a good thought, mate.
But the OP wants to be able to upgrade his Cloupor.
I have a not so good opinion of Cloupor so I wouldn't but he does.
What I would do and intend to is buy a board and chip and make my own box.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't agree with it, don't read and don't comment. I do not care, it is not my problem if you feel your time is wasted commenting on my thread. On with you.

its wasted coz..few days ago you were on here begging for some freebie cotton,and now you can afford to be a modder ,,

what the fuck is u wit that !!!!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's a good thought, mate.
But the OP wants to be able to upgrade his Cloupor.
I have a not so good opinion of Cloupor so I wouldn't but he does.
What I would do and intend to is buy a board and chip and make my own box.
What one wants and what they get is usually not the same.. Now I myself would say the time and effort aint worth upgrading a crapper I mean clouper

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What one wants and what they get is usually not the same.. Now I myself would say the time and effort aint worth upgrading a crapper I mean clouper
I agree son, but not everybody knows that dog don't hunt..
I didn't even have to read about the loose buttons
or the propensity to blow up in one's face.
I knew the moment I tried their dry herb tank that their products are bogus

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its wasted coz..few days ago you were on here begging for some freebie cotton,and now you can afford to be a modder ,,

what the fuck is u wit that !!!!
Not that it's your business, a staff member here is loaning me the mod until I can pay them back. Again, if you don't like my thread stay out of it.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A box is just a box. I happen to like the small size of the cloupor mini. If there is a problem with the way a regulated mod functions, if its not related to structural damage or poor structural design, then its either user error or there is a problem with the chip itself. I mean if I want to build my own box, I need to buy a box, a chip, a battery clip, and a charging board, no matter where I get it from its going to cost more than just a chip. The cloupor already has a battery clip, a charging board and a 510 connector. Why junk a perfectly good box when I can just install a better chip?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A box is just a box. I happen to like the small size of the cloupor mini. If there is a problem with the way a regulated mod functions, if its not related to structural damage or poor structural design, then its either user error or there is a problem with the chip itself. I mean if I want to build my own box, I need to buy a box, a chip, a battery clip, and a charging board, no matter where I get it from its going to cost more than just a chip. The cloupor already has a battery clip, a charging board and a 510 connector. Why junk a perfectly good box when I can just install a better chip?
Remember to rewire the box and replace the fire button and you should be fine
and check the caps in the charging circuit

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw a YouTube video where a guy put a DNA 40w chip in a cloupor mini. He didn't get the screen in quite straight and he reversed the +/- buttons, but it worked and I know the DNA 40w will fit. It's just a bit more than I'd care to spend, most of the sites I have searched don't even carry chips. Maybe in a few months the DNA 40 will come down in price and I'll grab that. I don't need a chip right this minute anyhow. I'm just trying to get info.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a YouTube video where a guy put a DNA 40w chip in a cloupor mini. He didn't get the screen in quite straight and he reversed the +/- buttons, but it worked and I know the DNA 40w will fit. It's just a bit more than I'd care to spend, most of the sites I have searched don't even carry chips. Maybe in a few months the DNA 40 will come down in price and I'll grab that. I don't need a chip right this minute anyhow. I'm just trying to get info.
Not sure this will work for ya, but FT has the chip and circuit board for the Vamo.
I thought about using it for a wooden mod I want to make but don't want the button configuration
and don't want to mess with moving the buttons. But you seem adventurous...

The new chip Vamo is using goes to 50 watts

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't mean to be lazy, but could you show me a link? I searched ft earlier and couldn't find anything by searching for chips.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not that it's your business, a staff member here is loaning me the mod until I can pay them back. Again, if you don't like my thread stay out of it.

Well, you did post a thread on a public forum detailing your current financial situation that you turned into a huge spectacle for all to see. Don't see how it's not his business?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, you did post a thread on a public forum detailing your current financial situation that you turned into a huge spectacle for all to see. Don't see how it's not his business?
It's not yours either. I don't see how I care what you think????

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can a single 20A battery run up to 50w though?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind, as I see yes it can. @.5 ohms, 50w is only 10A

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ima guessing you don't really understand much about the net and PUBLIC forums !

how the hell can you buy a chip ??

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ima guessing you don't really understand much about the net and PUBLIC forums !

how the hell can you buy a chip ??
I'm guessing YOU don't understand ignoring things you don't like, but then again, if you're asking how I can afford a chip then your reading comprehension must not be that great. I'm not buying a chip right now, I'm gathering info dumbass.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@exodus Be it a public forum or not, I determine when my business is yours and when it is not. And I say it is not, so therefore I owe you no explanation of my circumstances or what I can afford or cannot, what I have or how I got/am getting it. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to stick your nose where it doesn't belong? No? She failed as a parent. From now on I'm not going to waste my time answering your stupid questions. The people who are helping me know everything they need to know about my situation. You on the other hand are doing nothing for me except pissing me off, therefore I owe you nothing. Good day.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing YOU don't understand ignoring things you don't like, but then again, if you're asking how I can afford a chip then your reading comprehension must not be that great. I'm not buying a chip right now, I'm gathering info dumbass.

oh ,didn't i say something about wasting bandwidth !! check your comprehension of reality

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@exodus Be it a public forum or not, I determine when my business is yours and when it is not. And I say it is not, so therefore I owe you no explanation of my circumstances or what I can afford or cannot, what I have or how I got/am getting it. Didn't your momma ever tell you not to stick your nose where it doesn't belong? No? She failed as a parent. From now on I'm not going to waste my time answering your stupid questions. The people who are helping me know everything they need to know about my situation. You on the other hand are doing nothing for me except pissing me off, therefore I owe you nothing. Good day.

you are obviously 100% ignorant of how the word "public " fits into the term public forum

attacking my mother ,really now ,thats lower then calling somebody names ,,you inbred dumbass

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your only purpose in speaking to me is to antagonize and criticize me.

VU Sponsors