Sugar Addiction

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone here have a sugar addiction? Processed sugar is horrible for our health, but it's damn good.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Corn syrup is far worse. Most are drinking/eating corn syrup, rather than cane sugar. If someone is obese and simply cuts out fast foods and sodas/energy drinks, they would be surprised at how much weight they would lose...

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I have heard that about corn syrup. I ahve heard that it is a direct cause of cancer.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I have heard that about corn syrup. I ahve heard that it is a direct cause of cancer.
Probably. It's not natural to eat corn syrup...

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually hate sweet things. They always seem so appealing at first... ...until I take that first bite of that peanut butter cup and realize the mistake I've just made. Sweet things just kind of overwhelm my taste buds. I just seem to reach that full saturation point easier than most. It tastes great for a minute and then it's like a switch flips and I just can't bring myself to take another bite. My body physically will not let me swallow it without doing some serious work. It's like trying to eat on the peak of a *************** binge... ...or after a run of intense chemotherapy. It just isn't happening.

I wonder if that's just a tolerance thing. I used to love sweets, but then I stopped eating them for a few months and now I can't stand them. I can't even have sugar in my coffee most of the time.

On a semi-related note, I have the same reaction to bottom feeding crustaceans. They all taste so good, but my body is like, "No, I'm not letting you eat that. Don't you dare try to swallow it."

Interestingly enough, this doesn't carry over to vaping. I can vape crab juice all day long. :p

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30 plus years ago I had a friend who's Dad was a super wealthy guy. Made a quarter of a million a year just to taste wine. I have to pay for it. :cool:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm ask anyone who had an aggressive form of cancer if before they were confirmed to have cancer if the sugar craving was almost like a compulsion.
I know one cancer patient who's sugar obsession was unreal, we could go back to when the tumor literally switched into over drive mode and their craving.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I had a bad sugar addiction....dirty street drugs got me off it.......yeah fucking sugar is as bad as smoking it will ruin your health.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hmm ask anyone who had an aggressive form of cancer if before they were confirmed to have cancer if the sugar craving was almost like a compulsion.
I know one cancer patient who's sugar obsession was unreal, we could go back to when the tumor literally switched into over drive mode and their craving.

So it seems like the aggressive cancer increased the craving for sugar, and the sugar fed the tumor even more?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I had a bad sugar addiction....dirty street drugs got me off it.......yeah fucking sugar is as bad as smoking it will ruin your health.

Well, there;'s an interesting recommendation. While you can trade a bad habit for a safer one (like vaping instead of smoking), the above route may not be the best for you.

There's a Diet and Weight Loss thread in this section, however, which may offer some more positive alternatives. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe not a direct cause of cancer but the bastard cancer cells that are established, really like to feed off the stuff

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So it seems like the aggressive cancer increased the craving for sugar, and the sugar fed the tumor even more?
Yes once the tumor goes active the craving goes into over drive, goes into a vicious circle of sugar craving and rampant growth.
I know one cancer survivor who cut sugars out a long time ago and his craving was literally over night like a switch being thrown. Huge aggro tumor found by the dr. he did the whole remove it, nuke it and poison it route nd all was fine for a couple years. Fast forward to a couple years that switch clicked on and he went back to the Dr. and that aggro cancer was back starting in with a new tumor, repeat the rnp trio again but the cure cost him his life.
My mother who is pushing 4 years since Dx for her2 positive breast cancer, and this is the one we could trace back to when her stress levels hit peak had a a switch thrown and her sugar craving hit. It was non stop, voracious, and mean if she was separated from her sugar only noticed it while in the waiting room for her sister who was getting a biopsy. According the Dr. the tumor had been slow growing (the hospital noticed a growth back in 2001 and said nothing until 2011.) Should have heard the back and forth I had with the Oncology nurse... sugar prompts cancer rampant tumor growth but you are encouraged to eat as much as possible while going through chemo, no sense it made.

While the rampant sugar monster does not apply to all cancers it is a good indication something is out of whack and should be checked out. While you are at it have your a1c and vitamin d checked out.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Interesting. I'll certainly get checked if the Cravings persist.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
More like obsessive, like you would kill the motherfucker in front of it obsessive.

no, it's not that bad. I just have a sweet tooth every now and then. That's another reason why I'm interested in all of the different vaping flavors.

misterJ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I make people look at how many grams of sugar is in their crap energy drinks. I'll weigh it out for them (we use many scales in a kitchen), and suddenly they don't want it anymore.
Same with any soda, read how much is in there. It's gross.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will buy a 2 litter of Dr. Pepper & it may sit in the fridge for a month. Now Beer, I can suck down a 12 pack in a day If I feel like it. :cool:

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't had soda since last summer. I drink a lot of concentrated orange juice though, but I am trying to cut back.

VU Sponsors