Become a Patron!

Sugary juices - best vaping practices

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
Hello all!

I've been vaping for many years now and not until recently I have started to enjoy a particular juice that happens to be a fruit blend that has a higher level of sugar content. Needless to say it's destroying my coils very quickly.

1) I only vape with sub-ohm tanks now (gave up on building my own coils, convenience thing)
2) I typically vape mesh style coils - found them to provide better flavor
3) I don't normally use TC mode - most mesh coils I buy are kanthal

Are there any known best practices for vaping sweet juices and helping coil life? I have been told that temp control may help a lot. I've also been told that lower wattage's may help as well but I haven't found lower wattage's to be of any benefit.

Thanks for any ideas you have
Cheers!

Look inside the coils, and see if there is a lot of sugar buildup. If that is the case, then its not the right juice for your coils, or if it is high vg juice it may not wick properly. Try poking a few holes in your coil (dont overdo it) see if that helps with the wicking. But if its sugar thats building up inside the coil, the only thing you can do is the rinse out your coils from time to time, but thats not so good for the cotton, it helps but every time you do it the cotton will lose a bit of its absorption abilities.

I've been on a sugar chase since my first vape lol...so I feel your pain. Honestly, all these tips and tricks you hear when it comes to the juice you're on may work or may not. Personally, the best thing I've found myself is just dumping the tank every now and then and giving it a good clean down. I've done the holes, done the wattage, done EVERYTHING. Only way to go is to clean'er up more often...it sucks I know but it's worth it =)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You could try lower wattage coils for a cooler vape. Personally if I were to continue to use the juice I'd put one of the rta/rdas back in rotation for it.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best thing I would do is "dry pulls". Inhale without the pressing the fire button. Do this a few times every few actual puffs. This should help force liquid into your coil. Unfortunately, it's a tradeoff when you're talking about great tasting juice. The sweeter it is, the worse it is for your coils. So I typically use sweet juice like Beard Vape Co's The One occasionally, knowing I will destroy my coil within a few hours/days.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Best thing I would do is "dry pulls". Inhale without the pressing the fire button. Do this a few times every few actual puffs. This should help force liquid into your coil. Unfortunately, it's a tradeoff when you're talking about great tasting juice. The sweeter it is, the worse it is for your coils. So I typically use sweet juice like Beard Vape Co's The One occasionally, knowing I will destroy my coil within a few hours/days.
With sweet or high vg juices i dry hit for a second or so b4 i fir it. Helps wick better in my opinion.

VU Sponsors