Become a Patron!

Suggest a worthy replacement mod/rda for a particular type of vaper...

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone!

I'm back after quite some time and in the market, so to speak, for a replacement to my beloved mod and RDA.

Some asshole junkie broke into my car recently and stole my SXK Nebula Zero Mini and NaRDA atty along with an LG brown 18650.

A lot of people hated the Zero Mini way back when it came out, but I truly loved it, as it was perfect for me. I knew and accepted its quirks. It was my first and only regulated mod. Compact yet practically bulletproof. Dropped more times than I could count (thankfully never on my foot, as it was pretty heavy and solid as a rock) and still looked amazing. I seriously did not forsee the need to ever buy a device again, given the some might say, peculiar way I vape. It was that good to me.

Now I'm looking for its replacement, as it has to my dismay been discontinued. :(

If anyone is willing to suggest a similar mod, these are my deman- I mean requirements:

Regulated mod with at least variable wattage. All the battery protections are implied.
Digital readout with resistance, wattage and battery level, because style.
Compact as possible.
Able to withstand constant heavy drops on concrete (and still look decent) as I am a hopeless klutz.
It must be inexpensive (my Zero mini only cost $22 new) for I am frugal (read: super cheapskate)
It must house a single replaceable 18650 as multiple or larger cells are unacceptable and unnecessary for the way I vape (<15 watts on >1 ohm coils). I know. I'm old-school. Remember low-resistance 2 ohm atties, carts and Lipton tea bags, anyone? I do.
Stainless steel 510 connection; no aluminum or brass threads for this ham-fisted gentleman TYVM.

I have since ordered a $15 Pico 75W knockoff from eBay (I know, I know. Remember way back when I mentioned I was cheap?) which came in the wrong color and maxes out at 13W on a freshly charged battery. I have another authentic on the slow boat from China, but I just know it won't last me for long.

I do own 2 mech mods so I don't have to go without: a stainless JM 22 mod and a stainless Prodigy V3 which still works with its original ICR17670 batteries! (Did I mention I like bulletproof mods?)
I also have 2 RDAs; a Grand Vapor Trident and an Origen V2 (both clones from FT). I wouldn't be surprised if noone remembers any of this old gear, LOL.
I really miss my NaRDA clone, not so much its whistle-y nature, but it was really good to me.
I like compact SS drippers with SS 510 drip tips. Any suggestions on a good RDA? Everything these days is either huge, plastic or glass and big ol honkin 810 drip pipe, LMAO.

Well, thanks for reading this mess even if you don't have any suggestions for me ;)
Now get off my lawn, you cloud-chasing hipsters! :D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone!

I'm back after quite some time and in the market, so to speak, for a replacement to my beloved mod and RDA.

Some asshole junkie broke into my car recently and stole my SXK Nebula Zero Mini and NaRDA atty along with an LG brown 18650.

A lot of people hated the Zero Mini way back when it came out, but I truly loved it, as it was perfect for me. I knew and accepted its quirks. It was my first and only regulated mod. Compact yet practically bulletproof. Dropped more times than I could count (thankfully never on my foot, as it was pretty heavy and solid as a rock) and still looked amazing. I seriously did not forsee the need to ever buy a device again, given the some might say, peculiar way I vape. It was that good to me.

Now I'm looking for its replacement, as it has to my dismay been discontinued. :(

If anyone is willing to suggest a similar mod, these are my deman- I mean requirements:

Regulated mod with at least variable wattage. All the battery protections are implied.
Digital readout with resistance, wattage and battery level, because style.
Compact as possible.
Able to withstand constant heavy drops on concrete (and still look decent) as I am a hopeless klutz.
It must be inexpensive (my Zero mini only cost $22 new) for I am frugal (read: super cheapskate)
It must house a single replaceable 18650 as multiple or larger cells are unacceptable and unnecessary for the way I vape (<15 watts on >1 ohm coils). I know. I'm old-school. Remember low-resistance 2 ohm atties, carts and Lipton tea bags, anyone? I do.
Stainless steel 510 connection; no aluminum or brass threads for this ham-fisted gentleman TYVM.

I have since ordered a $15 Pico 75W knockoff from eBay (I know, I know. Remember way back when I mentioned I was cheap?) which came in the wrong color and maxes out at 13W on a freshly charged battery. I have another authentic on the slow boat from China, but I just know it won't last me for long.

I do own 2 mech mods so I don't have to go without: a stainless JM 22 mod and a stainless Prodigy V3 which still works with its original ICR17670 batteries! (Did I mention I like bulletproof mods?)
I also have 2 RDAs; a Grand Vapor Trident and an Origen V2 (both clones from FT). I wouldn't be surprised if noone remembers any of this old gear, LOL.
I really miss my NaRDA clone, not so much its whistle-y nature, but it was really good to me.
I like compact SS drippers with SS 510 drip tips. Any suggestions on a good RDA? Everything these days is either huge, plastic or glass and big ol honkin 810 drip pipe, LMAO.

Well, thanks for reading this mess even if you don't have any suggestions for me ;)
Now get off my lawn, you cloud-chasing hipsters! :D

You can get a NarCa clone (next generation NarDa) from FT - can't verify or deny how well they vape compared to the nifty old NarDa clones of yore though

Am still vaping 60W isticks from that era, you can still find them if you dig deep enough, about $20. I have dropped on concrete, in snow, and accidentally left one in a chest freezer for over a year, and it still vapes, lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry about your mod, that sucks.

I don't find you peculiar, you vape a lot like I do, except I use RTAs. My pico is the one that goes with me to work, gets dropped all the time on concrete floors, the parking lot and in rocks all the time, lol. It definitely takes a beating and is serving me pretty well, really. I bought it back in 2016, it's seen daily use since. Since it's really the only one that sees that kind of abuse, I figured I could at least share that bit of info with you. My other daily go to work mod is an ipv d3, but I have it in a silicone case.

Anything else I have wouldn't be the form you're hoping for, or they won't leave my house, yet. You probably wanna stay away from Smok products, they do get a bad rap for QC, and also touch screens. You might not want one of those.

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
@JuicyLucy: Hi! Yeah, the NarCA has been in my sights for a while, now. Funny how Narmods doesn't mention it on their site, though they do have the NarDA, NarBA and NarTA.
Fun fact: NarDA was meant to be pronounced "nar-dee-AY" (because of "RDA") by its creator(s) but everyone who reviewed it called it a "NAR-duh", so it unfortunately stuck that way! :/
Thanks for the heads up on the istick 60, I dunno how I didn't see that one. Very similar to the Zero interface! Nice! Frozen for a YEAR and still chugging? That is bad ass!

@Huckleberried: Hey, I remember you, Huck! I think even from back in ecf! Nice to see a familiar face!
Thanks for the reassurance on the Pico, I think it'll do for the time being (if it ever arrives, lol). I got the "SS look" version, which is probably just clear coated zinc alloy. :/
Also thanks for the heads up on Smok (I never liked that stupid name!) and yeah, no touch screens for me. I have enough of babying my phone without having to worry about my mod!

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
I was doing a search and found it on some Foreign sites and Alibaba has them but you have to order in bulk 3-5 minimum. Good Luck
Thanks Steve. I think I only found 1 site that had them in stock, but they were asking $65 plus shipping for it.
Funny when they came out many people were so pissed at their totally fixable "no atomizer" error / short battery life that they would literally throw them away in disgust. It was a design flaw, having the tiny philips bottom screw both hold the mod together and couple the battery negative to the board. Any looseness or contamination on the screw threads and it would rear its ugly head.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Steve. I think I only found 1 site that had them in stock, but they were asking $65 plus shipping for it.
Funny when they came out many people were so pissed at their totally fixable "no atomizer" error / short battery life that they would literally throw them away in disgust. It was a design flaw, having the tiny philips bottom screw both hold the mod together and couple the battery negative to the board. Any looseness or contamination on the screw threads and it would rear its ugly head.

Yeah I saw them average of about $50 USD, but also some out of stock showed in the $20 dollar range. When something is discontinued you have to expect to get gouged just the way of this world. Not only vape products either.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy: Hi! Yeah, the NarCA has been in my sights for a while, now. Funny how Narmods doesn't mention it on their site, though they do have the NarDA, NarBA and NarTA.
Fun fact: NarDA was meant to be pronounced "nar-dee-AY" (because of "RDA") by its creator(s) but everyone who reviewed it called it a "NAR-duh", so it unfortunately stuck that way! :/
Thanks for the heads up on the istick 60, I dunno how I didn't see that one. Very similar to the Zero interface! Nice! Frozen for a YEAR and still chugging? That is bad ass!

@Huckleberried: Hey, I remember you, Huck! I think even from back in ecf! Nice to see a familiar face!
Thanks for the reassurance on the Pico, I think it'll do for the time being (if it ever arrives, lol). I got the "SS look" version, which is probably just clear coated zinc alloy. :/
Also thanks for the heads up on Smok (I never liked that stupid name!) and yeah, no touch screens for me. I have enough of babying my phone without having to worry about my mod!

I lost it October of 2017, and thought it must have accidentally gotten thrown away, because we were purging an old chest freezer we don't use that often anymore. My husband found it at the bottom of the freezer last December :giggle:

Lost and found lol.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I lost it October of 2017, and thought it must have accidentally gotten thrown away, because we were purging an old chest freezer we don't use that often anymore. My husband found it at the bottom of the freezer last December :giggle:

What condition was the Battery in after being frozen for over a year?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've read you should store extra cells uncharged in the freezer if you aren't going to use them

VU Sponsors