Become a Patron!

Suggestion for a rating system.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really enjoy VU, and the people are great, and there is a wealth of knowledge. The only suggestion I could think of would be a rating system. I think it would improve on the DIY section, and Hardware sections. Also, if it were possible to have an internal advanced search, so if for example you put in cinnamon, and apple recipes would be returned that contained those ingredients. I can do this with a google site search on VU now, but I am a geek. It would be nice when browsing recipes to be able to see what others thought after trying the recipe. In my opinion you are going to see more and more people move to DIY. VU's, DIY section has some great recipes, but you have to do a lot of reading to find the good ones. Along the same lines, if a rating system were possible. We could rate hardware as well. Daily I see post "What is the best **********?" Again, VU is a great forum, I am just throwing out ideas that I think would improve the user experience.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_nhz6tvjMcN1s64ndvo1_250_zpssqzxheye.gif

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's that saying? There's one in every crowd...here at the VU there's a whole herd of us LMFAO!! :eek::D:p:rolleyes:

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still say its not to late for a 'best of 2015' reward thread.

I'd like to humbly nominate "douche canoe" as the best phrase. Can't remember who typed it.

Assholo/Assholio has to fit somewhere, esp since they've returned for more of the same.

Best thread... any one where a brand-spankin'-new member flies out of the gate with rage/hideous lies, and gets piled on or called out with cold, hard facts.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd like to humbly nominate "douche canoe" as the best phrase. Can't remember who typed it.

Assholo/Assholio has to fit somewhere, esp since they've returned for more of the same.

Best thread... any one where a brand-spankin'-new member flies out of the gate with rage/hideous lies, and gets piled on or called out with cold, hard facts.
Strangely I have no idea what you are vaguely referring to.
Lmao!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm usually one of the ones with the facts.
There was one thread by a researcher who lied and said she was on the side of the vapers. Someone dug up all sorts of crap on her. That at least gets an honorable mention. Amazing conclusion.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
that one, then the one(s) looking to sell products grossly overpriced, then state they do things that they don't. better yet the pretend "polls"

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
How about "Best Most Complicated Free Stuff Offer?" Y'know, like the ones where you can "earn" "entry points" by "liking" there, "following" somewhere else, posting here with some treatise on what you want or like and why, and referring and, and, and?

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but some of these contests really do deserve an award of some type.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about "Best Most Complicated Free Stuff Offer?" Y'know, like the ones where you can "earn" "entry points" by "liking" there, "following" somewhere else, posting here with some treatise on what you want or like and why, and referring and, and, and?

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but some of these contests really do deserve an award of some type.
I refer to those contests as (The Acme Rocket Slingshot with Flaming Hoops of Death Contests)
or (Fake Contest That Only My IRL-BFF Can Actually Win Contest)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

As in the 'bribery' for membership contests offered by some other forums?
Or the actual contests that come across here that send you all around the web hunting for eggs .

VU Sponsors