Become a Patron!

Suggestion for an upgrade from Kanger Subox mini

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
Hi all.

I'm still vaping on my RTA in the Subox. I use a simple clapton with about 4-5 wraps at between 0.5 and 0.9 ohm. It gives me a pretty good experience but my unit is pretty old and I'm thinking of getting an upgrade. I'm not interested in doing builds, I just rebuild to have better control on the flavor and to be able to tweak how I wick my coils. I'm also looking for something economical and would consider a kit.

I don't think I want to get into RDAs but I've heard that some RDTA's have flavor that's on par with drippers.

I've recently been eyeing the Vandy Vape Pyro and I see they just came out with a V2. Pyro looks nice because I think I would enjoy the option for a large airflow, I can run it with only coil and it looks easy to build on (again, I'm not a builder so looking for no hassle). I see that the pyro V2 is coming out and I've read mixed impressions on vapingunderground. Seems the coils are farther away from the drip tip so it might get less hot but at the price of muted flavor. I don't know anything about vape gear so I'm just relaying what I read! Since it doesn't seem to come in a kit, I would also have to get a mod.

here's what I'm looking for:

-I DO NOT care for cloud production. My only concern is flavor. I'm an ejuice DIYer so I'm all about tasting my own recipes.

-I've heard that the Pyro runs through e juce like crazy. I'm often a mouth to lunger and I would like something that does't consume a crazy amount of compared to my kanger subtank mini

-one thing I dislike about my Subox mini is that it is so slender. I'd rather something shorter (stubby), if possible. I understand that RDTAs are a little taller due to the tank.

-I don't need temperature control or a complicated mod. I currently vape at around 30 Watts so I don't need anything that goes crazy high. I presume 100 watts give or take should be more than enough range.

-I don't want a mod that is crazy chunky. Some multiple battery mods are rather big. I see that there are now batteries that put out of mAh's than the good 'ole 18650s. Maybe a mod that can take one of these stronger batteries could do the trick?

-In the best of cases, I'd like a mod that is elegant and doesn't have multicolored LEDs or anything like that. Some of the wood-like ones look nice but I'm not looking to spend $$$ and it's not a fashion show.

-I'd like the option for a bit more airflow.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. There are so many options out there!

VU Sponsors