Become a Patron!

Suggestions for a box mod the kanger subtank won't look all wonky on

I.D.Renegade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so I got me a kanger sub tank I like it a lot. Vapes great and holds 6ml of juice. Got Dillinger in it vaping it at 25 watts. However the best mod I have is a vaporshark rnda30 and it's too massive a tank it looks funny on it. Atlantis vapes great on it and look awesome. So I'm in the market for a good regulated box mod that goes up to at least 40 watts and is a little bigger but not massive not wanting anything as big as an ipv3. So anyone got some suggestions? The subtank is 25 mm width and about as long as a vapor shark.
1e6a29ddf051ac3ab2cea6d6a81a684e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's hard to believe that no one's posted at least one suggestion yet... I guess everyone is out getting their last minute shopping done, it's been slow just about every forum I visit.

I don't know if I have any good suggestions or not... I'll mention a few that are sized about right but I've only tried one and I'm not blown away with it.

I just got the Smok XPro BT50 yesterday ... my initial thoughts are posted here http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-xpro-bt50.42120/

It works ok so far ( one day isn't a big test for how it holds up )... I'm just not blown away with it and it's one big feature is iffy at best. It's also got rattly buttons which most will be bothered by including myself. It's bluetooth turns off by itself so when firing... there is a delay. I'll let you read the rest of my post for more info. I will mention that the 510 sits in a shallow depression on the BT50 but the Subtank still works fine without the need for the 22mm adapter they provide.

There is a new Smok XPro M50 without BT... but it's a 22mm wide device and like the following I'll be mentioning, I haven't used it.

Here is a shot of the Subtank sitting on it... and a couple of other mods I've got including the VS DNA 30

DNAs.jpg

Others to look into but I can't say anything about...

There are a few of the Hana style mods including one 50w that is wide enough. There are also a few that are narrower, so pay attention to the details.

There is also some new wood mods by LUXYOUN found on both FastTech and FocalEcig's websites... they are available in 30w, 50w, 100w and 150w. They are 26mm wide. These are single 18650 mods which makes me question the 100w and 150w since the battery won't last long using anything close to the max power on those. The reviews I've seen/read were encouraging although no one liked the big name badge on it. I've heard they use a YiHi SX1000 chip on it... I think that is an error and what they are referring to is the board model it's on... I think it ( at least the 100w ) uses a SX350 chip on it, but this is a guess on my part. I have one on order ( the 100w )... but it hasn't yet shipped.

Everything else I looked at just to give you things to check out... were not wide enough but perhaps those will get you started.

I.D.Renegade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah thanks a lot for the reply. The one in the middle it looks ok on U think that box is bout the same size as the ipv2xs 60 watt? I really don't need over 50 watts I don't see the point unless I get a dripper and build it at some ridiculous .001 but I'm not even into that. I typically vape 20-30 would do up to 35 40 @ times if I currently had the option

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV 2X is only a 22mm wide mod.. so is the Sigelei 100w and I suspect their plus model is also but I didn't look it up.

On the LUXYOUN 100w that I ordered... I went for the 100w not because I thought I needed it... between the 30w and 150w there is only a $12 difference so I just went one higher than the BT50 I had coming at the time I ordered it.

Just an FYI... I wish I could recommend the BT50 more but it's just meh... it's actually exactly the same width on top plus a little for the tiny bevel the BT50 has. The pic above just looks like the Subtank is hanging over a little, it isn't

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... one more thing... On a good powerful regulated mods... you don't even need to sub-ohm if the coil is built properly to give enough surface area and your wicks can keep up. The sub-ohm mindset came out of all of the mech modder's that have no choice if they are going to get the power outputs they want.

I.D.Renegade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well thanks for the suggestion I'll look at a bt50 maybe a Hana or a cloupor?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well thanks for the suggestion I'll look at a bt50 maybe a Hana or a cloupor?

Look at the others before the BT50... the only thing going for it is the size is right for the Subtank... at least that's my thoughts for now. I didn't look at Cloupor's stuff... I know their 30w got great reviews but after that it went downhill. Still it doesn't hurt to check them out and read some reviews...

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about the Cloupor T6? It uses the 26650 and is 30mm wide.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about the Cloupor T6? It uses the 26650 and is 30mm wide.

You should read some reviews from people that have used them... what few I saw weren't encouraging but that isn't enough to come to any conclusion on. I know of one person on this forum that like his also... so read up before you commit to anything.

I.D.Renegade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I'll look into anyone know how wide the dna40 Hana dual 18650 is?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks I'll look into anyone know how wide the dna40 Hana dual 18650 is?

Try a Google search and look at the details on the websites you find... it's faster than asking someone else to do it for you

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm running my sub-tank on a Chana 30watt, that long spring loaded pin on the sub-tank makes contact with the positive 510 connector and it looks killer. No overhang at all.

I.D.Renegade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Try a Google search and look at the details on the websites you find... it's faster than asking someone else to do it for you
Yeah sorry I was bein lazy it was hard to find the sizes of the mods in millimeter instead of inches. Turns out the Hana v3 dna40 the 510 connection is a recessed 25 or more millimeter. Prolly gonna get me one of those

VU Sponsors