Become a Patron!

Suggestions for a compact box mod

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys. I'm new here. This is my first post and I'm kinda new to Vaping as well. I currently have an Istick TC 100w with a Cleito tank. I run it at 40w. I really like that set up. I also have a nautilus X which I run around 16-17w. I can run either tank for 2-21/2 days before changing the batteries out. The problem is it's a little heavy to keep in my pocket while at work. I'm a painter/carpenter by trade. I work 10 hour days and about a 40-45 minute drive to and from. So I've been searching for a smaller mod that I can carry in my pocket that's a touch lighter and smaller than what I have now. I've been reading up on a few like the mini volt, target and even maybe the cool fire iv 18650, but I was wondering what you guys would suggest that could last me until I at least am able to get on my way home due to the fact I'm not always working some place I can just charge up. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't know about the other mods you mentioned but I can certainly vouch for the Coolfire. Awesome little mod with a great board that gets no respect. She vapes DNA smooth. Can't say enough good things about the Aethon chipset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, very pocketable.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my pocket friendly is a little on the pricey side... right now they have one that is about the same size at 159.00
its the vapor shark dna200...or the dna133
ignore the paint job but you can get an idea of size
8D441574-2379-4A71-901A-AFF92A444750_zpsyzlleo2e.jpg

there is also the flask in here in the middle... the shape of it has it hug your leg in your pocket perfectly!!
there is this one which has the dna133 board in it and also one from "VapeForward" called the vaporflask classic which is far less expensive because it uses the joyetech board.
3D1301BD-24F6-4DCC-862C-C2B6A31FC2E1_zpsfeapcqxq.jpg

I spoke with the mod company that makes those and they are working one about the size of the tiny one in that picture which will do 60w, but I'm not so sure when it will formally be available.
everyone is trying to beat the 08/08 deadline and push things out.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info f1r... That is way out of my price range. I was hoping closer to the $30-50 range. Give or take a few dollars

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody got any experience with the kanger topbox mini/nano or the subbox mini/nano? What's the difference between them? The tanks?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Coolfire TC 100. The one with the internal battety. If I had to do it again I'd buy the 18650 version. I still might do that if this mod takes a crap. I really wish they would do the same exact mod with dual 18650's.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm a big fan of the Vaporesso Target Mini, but as a chain vaper I can drain the
battery in 2hrs. A light vaper would probably experience longer battery life. They're
so small, two of them could be carried around with ease.

Mini and 9v Front.jpg

Mini and 9v Side.jpg

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the info. I've found a used VTC mini with 2 tanks (iclear 30s and the ego 1 mega tank, owner says the ego tank came with it and has leaked from day one that's why he's including the other tank), the box and all paperwork and cable, and a Samsung battery. $40. Is that a decent or good deal?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all the info. I've found a used VTC mini with 2 tanks (iclear 30s and the ego 1 mega tank, owner says the ego tank came with it and has leaked from day one that's why he's including the other tank), the box and all paperwork and cable, and a Samsung battery. $40. Is that a decent or good deal?
Did a quick Google fu. Seems to be a decent price, considering you get an extra tank, and a battery.

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure what's considered compact, but I've been using a Fuchai 213. It's small for a two battery mod, rounded corners make it go in a pocket nice. It's easier to carry that some of the more "boxy" box mods I've had.

deviantplatypus

Member For 4 Years
Anybody got any experience with the kanger topbox mini/nano or the subbox mini/nano? What's the difference between them? The tanks?
The nano fits an 18mm tank. You'd get overhang on most tanks. I believe the mini doesn't have that issue. But it's performance isn't too bad and it's very pocket friendly.

There are probably more differences.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

If it's in good shape, and you're okay with the tank, it's a fair deal. You can buy them new for $36 though, sans tank and battery.

Pocket friendly? Not so much. Due to it's small size and slender design, mine tends to LAY in my pocket. Which usually leads to a juice infused pocket. But I like the MOD overall. I have 2 of them.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's in good shape, and you're okay with the tank, it's a fair deal. You can buy them new for $36 though, sans tank and battery.

Pocket friendly? Not so much. Due to it's small size and slender design, mine tends to LAY in my pocket. Which usually leads to a juice infused pocket. But I like the MOD overall. I have 2 of them.

I went to the local vape shop and checked one out and it seems ok. A little taller than what I was thinking. I'm definately in love with the mini volt though. Thinking of that with my nautilus X tank. But I really do like my Cleito for sub ohm.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also while I was at the shop I checked out the pico and the cupti. Both were nice and pocket friendly for someone in construction. Anyone got some experience with either of these?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
haven't seen anything about the cupti' but the pico gets rave reviews.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've watched a few reviews on both. I'm curious as to the durability of the glass on the cupti. The idea is great imho

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tonight my wife picked up a Council of Vapor Mini-Volt. I have to tell you, I'm really impressed with this little guy! It's 40w which probably isn't enough for a lot of hardcore cloud chasing peeps. But as a small, stealth little portable rig, it really performs. It came with a little no name sub ohm tank, which is quite serviceable. Build quality is very nice. Wattage mod only, which is fine by me. 3 ramp up settings.

I couldn't live with it as my only mod, but I could easily own one as a back up or on the go type of deal.

My only real complaint is a pet peeve of mine. I like to stand my mods up. Mods that have a charging port on the bottom bother me because I have to lay it on the side to charge it. Other than that, I'd buy another in a second. In fact, I may do just that. We paid $60, for the mod, with a tank and a bottle of juice at a shop. (yes, I know I paid more to buy it in a brick and mortar store. I'm totally ok with that) You can buy just the mod online for $15-$20. I'd consider buying one or two more. Just keep one at work, just in case. Maybe one to keep in the car.

I have tried a lot of the micro box mods, but I can highly recommend this one.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also while I was at the shop I checked out the pico and the cupti. Both were nice and pocket friendly for someone in construction. Anyone got some experience with either of these?
I do have both, the VTC Mini, and the Pico. The only con I noticed with the Pico is, when changing out the batteries, highly sporadic, it will dercrement my wattage setting by 0.1W, although I've locked the settings. However, it occurs so rarely, that I can live with it. Overall, I love both mods, but the Pico does get more usage. I have the Cleito with the optional RTA System (should be called RBA though), and optional extension tank, running on my Pico.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have both, the VTC Mini, and the Pico. The only con I noticed with the Pico is, when changing out the batteries, highly sporadic, it will dercrement my wattage setting by 0.1W, although I've locked the settings. However, it occurs so rarely, that I can live with it. Overall, I love both mods, but the Pico does get more usage. I have the Cleito with the optional RTA System (should be called RBA though), and optional extension tank, running on my Pico.
How is the battery life with that set up? How many watts you use it at?

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also have a Pico. Fab mod and for the watts you use it would last you all day. I have no issues with mine. Another choice that is very pocket friendly is the vapour flask lite. I have the Stout (slightly bigger and a different shape). Haven't used it a lot due to not being able to part with my hohm slice. But very good so far.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
3079487C-0956-4EA4-8219-688B81324F92_zpsoy6scrnj.jpg
A9C2199E-F088-46A8-A8A0-2A012572F294_zpso7namsjw.jpg
29B4FF4F-41AC-4A0B-A9AC-498E6F25244B_zpswqjczckz.jpg
C9397A60-86F2-407E-A14C-0430A2C90678_zpsobv9pbfe.jpg

the smydna75 with the green tank and the other is the vaporshark dna40... the smy is 54$ shipped at ecig.com
very very small and very pocket friendly

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I also have a Pico. Fab mod and for the watts you use it would last you all day. I have no issues with mine. Another choice that is very pocket friendly is the vapour flask lite. I have the Stout (slightly bigger and a different shape). Haven't used it a lot due to not being able to part with my hohm slice. But very good so far.
+1 on the Slice and VF.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How is the battery life with that set up? How many watts you use it at?
With the DIY eJuice I'm using, and LG HG2 batteries, vaping at 45W, the battery lasts me all day.
I also have the Stout. I wish the Hohm Slice would have the same body as the Stout. However, I prefer the Hohm Slice over the Stout, due to the board.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With the DIY eJuice I'm using, and LG HG2 batteries, vaping at 45W, the battery lasts me all day.

I also have the Stout. I wish the Hohm Slice would have the same body as the Stout. However, I prefer the Hohm Slice over the Stout, due to the board.
Agreed the Stout feels great in the hand. But l cannot part with the Slice to give the Stout a real good workout. If you can or when you can get the Slice. You will not be disappointed :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed, the Slice and the VT133 are my 2 favorite mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh sorry...me too l now want a red one. Have to sneak it in somehow, haha :)

For some reason the paint on my red one is holding up much better than the paint on my black one.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For some reason the paint on my red one is holding up much better than the paint on my black one.

Thank you.l have the tiffany blue. Paint is still mint but it does not leave the house.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All great suggestions but most of those are a little out of the price range I was trying to spend for one that will probably get beat up some at work. Is there anything that's really good under say $40? Give or take a few bucks.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All great suggestions but most of those are a little out of the price range I was trying to spend for one that will probably get beat up some at work. Is there anything that's really good under say $40? Give or take a few bucks.
How about the vtc mini. You can find it for under $40

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm leaning toward the pico, target mini and the mini volt kits. I'd be interested in the cupti, but I can't seem to find a better deal than $60 w/o a battery lol

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the battery life with the Cleito on it? Do you have a pic of that setup to share?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the battery life with the Cleito on it? Do you have a pic of that setup to share?
That's the Pico w/ Cleito, including the optional expansion tank. However, currently it's running the 0.4 Ohm replacement coil. I was too lazy to put a new build in the RBA. :) The silicone sleeve is gone too, it became too lose.
image.jpeg

merriw51

Member For 4 Years
I have the pico the melo 3 tank took a crap so I put a clito on it.The mod is pocket friendly and works good.I do dirt work with a water system

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well don't get an IPV5 if you're looking for compact... I mean, great device, but not exactly handy.

VTC mini's are great, I had one not so long ago before selling it to a new vaper. I just loved the firmware and all the geeky options (thought not the eGo One tank with those tiny ass coils). The IPV D3 is its competitor, not the IPV5. Single batt, 80 watts, temp control, and it's cheap.

By the way, maybe I'm stating the obvious, but you could also just keep a second battery in your pocket/car just in case you run outta battery life :).

VU Sponsors