Become a Patron!

Suggestions for a vape for my wife.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my wife to agree to try vaping again. She wants a pen style mod. Not like the old crappy ones. I would like it to be for an 18650 if possible. Maybe regulated if at all possible. And also will be looking for a tank or rta for mtl vaping for her. Im trying to keep it as close to usual as possible. I've been trying for a couple years. But she's finally tired of smoking. Yay I'm looking around as well but if anyone knows off hand some good devices so we don't have to play the crappy device run through finding what's right for her. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was in the same sort of position trying to get my Sweetie to switch from Cig-A-Likes and got her into the MyJets but that fell thru when the price tripled and the POD's were hard to get. So I lent her my Series-E from JAC Vapours and she bought the Series-S17 which they now make as a top fill.

S17-horizontal.jpg

https://www.jacvapour.com/series-s17-tf

Good Luck and my GF bought the Hot Pink so even more for a woman.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is a VV Pen Style and so simple to use, not screwing with wattage just 3 power levels indicated by colors of the LED.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was looking at the penguin special edition. It has a refillable pod. Can buy a couple extra if she wants to switch flavors. You have to buy coils for it though. I'd like to find something and an rta that can do mtl so I could just build the coils myself. Save money there at least.but who knows. I went straight to DL when I started back.a couple years ago. Tried the ego pens a long time ago and it was great for a week or so.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even though JAC is in the UK shipping is not expensive and pretty fast also. The price of coils is so cheap even with shipping it will cost less than a days worth of smokes for a month to maintain the Series-S17. Not counting e-Liquid which if you purchase from JAC you get a 2st time customer discount and free e-Liquid. She liked their Tobaccos.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking at it now that looks like a great starter piece for sure. I may have to check it out

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got mg GF using these and she hates the monster MOD's I use! Think of the look I get using this one....

upload_2018-1-26_19-34-35.jpeg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I'm still going to search around and see but that may be what I buy her

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. I'm still going to search around and see but that may be what I buy her

Hey I was dealing with my woman when I got her using these and it is the best thing I ever did that she actually listened! LMFAO

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For less that $25 for a complete starter kit how can you go wrong?
You're right. Can I find the coils in the US as well or is it just a European thing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought SMOK and Aspire coils because even with International shipping the price was comparable to what I pay here in the US.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was in the same sort of position trying to get my Sweetie to switch from Cig-A-Likes and got her into the MyJets but that fell thru when the price tripled and the POD's were hard to get. So I lent her my Series-E from JAC Vapours and she bought the Series-S17 which they now make as a top fill.

S17-horizontal.jpg

https://www.jacvapour.com/series-s17-tf

Good Luck and my GF bought the Hot Pink so even more for a woman.

Got the S22 (bigger diameter tank, bigger battery) for both my brother and my wife's cousin. My brother hasn't got it yet, but my wife's cousin has used it for a week straight and stopped smoking altogether since. She loves it.

I tested it, and the taste is quite good. Topfill is easy peasy (or you can bottom fill it if you choose to). Has a nice rubberised feel to it as well. And adjustable airflow, which most pen style kits don't have.

Downsides are the drip tips, which are proprietary (they double as topfill cap), but you can get them in different sizes for £1.50 each (from memory). I recommend getting the narrow one for a more cigarette-like experience. The airflow is a little bit on the noisy side, but not too bad. And for the S22 (but not the S17) it's a bit unfortunate that the charging port is on the bottom side. But otherwise very good devices in my opinion.

Review here (careful, he is Scottish, and so is Jac Vapour, so might be a hint of bias there):

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing I would add is if you decide to get one buy 2 so she has one to use while the other charges up. My Sweetie had one battery go bad and JAC warrantied it with no problem but she bought another so she always has a fully charged ready to go device and one for a spare as a back up.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I would add is if you decide to get one buy 2 so she has one to use while the other charges up. My Sweetie had one battery go bad and JAC warrantied it with no problem but she bought another so she always has a fully charged ready to go device and one for a spare as a back up.
Always a good idea

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seeing her switching batteries and filling tanks in a flash using my DIY no less is great. She was vaping and quit smoking before me but I went down the rabbit hole of vaping way before she did!

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

You can actually buy just a second battery instead of two complete kits, if you want to keep the costs down.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can actually buy just a second battery instead of two complete kits, if you want to keep the costs down.

Sure I know that but when you add it in your cart, you get a complete kit for the same price so why not have an entire spare tank?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to have to bring my laptop to the GF's to order coils now she just does it on her own.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I have no idea about pen devices to be quite honest with you, I got a joyetech ego aio but hated it. I started with the smok al85 and bby beast tank, hated that too lol.

Anyways I bought this right after, I put a clicky here, its the old school Aromamizer RDTA which in reality is just a RTA. Reason I mention it, since you said maybe you can keep cost low/down, and build her something later on. At $5 you can't go wrong, especially since steam crave sells that thing still at 20.

You can use it as mtl or DL since with the attached drip tip, its very restricted airflow, or you can use the vape bands that come with it and close 2 or all 4 airholes to restrict it even further.

I'm not much of a mtl person but I did hear good things about the vandy vape berserker, the siren 2 or even old school nautilus 2. Maybe someone that does mtl all the time can chime in as well.

I hope you can get your wife off cigarettes, at least its already a good step in the better direction :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea about pen devices to be quite honest with you, I got a joyetech ego aio but hated it. I started with the smok al85 and bby beast tank, hated that too lol.

Anyways I bought this right after, I put a clicky here, its the old school Aromamizer RDTA which in reality is just a RTA. Reason I mention it, since you said maybe you can keep cost low/down, and build her something later on. At $5 you can't go wrong, especially since steam crave sells that thing still at 20.

You can use it as mtl or DL since with the attached drip tip, its very restricted airflow, or you can use the vape bands that come with it and close 2 or all 4 airholes to restrict it even further.

I'm not much of a mtl person but I did hear good things about the vandy vape berserker, the siren 2 or even old school nautilus 2. Maybe someone that does mtl all the time can chime in as well.

I hope you can get your wife off cigarettes, at least its already a good step in the better direction :)
I was looking at the siren 2. Looks like the ticket. I ended up getting her a penguin special edition for now. Refillable cartridge with 1.2 ohm coils. So we'll see how that goes when it gets here. Now just have to figure out a flavor profile she likes. She enjoys the fruitier Vapes I have so we'll see. Thanks for all the suggestions.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is what I got for a friend not to long a they loved it...

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Innokin-Endura-T22-Starter-Kit-p/ink-end12.htm

It’s got kinda pen’ish and kinda mod’ish at the same time.

Oops just saw that you’ve solved the issue.
That's a great looking kit too. I'll keep that in in mind if the penguin doesn't work for her. Baby steps right. I don't want to push to hard and drive her away from vaping, that's for sure

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For everyone with suggestions for a MTL for my wife. Her penguin SE came in today and she loves it with the 1.2coils.. Hell she was running late to work and even ran back in to get it. Still took hers cigs but it's a start. All the other stuff I traded for her should be here Wednesday. Hooray for mtl and I guess a smidge of peer pressure from the kids and the hikes we went on Saturday.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently got my wife a pico squeeze paired with a wasp, an authentic combo for under 30$. She loves it, small size, no leaky tanks, lightweight and simple as pie.
Gotta work her towards that. Was a shocker when the mail man showed up with all that mail.getting the stink eye for sure. So I'll wait a bit to get her something else

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
For everyone with suggestions for a MTL for my wife. Her penguin SE came in today and she loves it with the 1.2coils.. Hell she was running late to work and even ran back in to get it. Still took hers cigs but it's a start. All the other stuff I traded for her should be here Wednesday. Hooray for mtl and I guess a smidge of peer pressure from the kids and the hikes we went on Saturday.

Good to hear she's liking her new vape.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear she's liking her new vape.
I am too and was kind if surprised. We tried vaping years ago and it didn't pan out after a week or two. I finally made my way back to vaping but she never did. Got some more stuff for her coming tomorrow hopefully. She just doesn't think she's going to need a higher nic juice than my 3mg. I told her to try a 6 for some added throat hit. She's doing MTL so could probably stand a higher nic than that. We'll see.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I am too and was kind if surprised. We tried vaping years ago and it didn't pan out after a week or two. I finally made my way back to vaping but she never did. Got some more stuff for her coming tomorrow hopefully. She just doesn't think she's going to need a higher nic juice than my 3mg. I told her to try a 6 for some added throat hit. She's doing MTL so could probably stand a higher nic than that. We'll see.

Nude Nicotine will give you a free sample of freebase or nic salts for cost of shipping, 2.85 I think. You could order the 100mg pg base (makes the math easier) to find her sweet spot before you invest in more juices neither of you will use. Or you diy and I've forgotten.:oops:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nude Nicotine will give you a free sample of freebase or nic salts for cost of shipping, 2.85 I think. You could order the 100mg pg base (makes the math easier) to find her sweet spot before you invest in more juices neither of you will use. Or you diy and I've forgotten.:oops:
Very true. Been wanting to get into diy anyways

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Yay! I really hope she likes it.i love my little penguin.....cute, light, huge tank, doesn’t leak....what more could you ask for!

VU Sponsors