Become a Patron!

suggestions for FA recipes with the flavours I have

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
So this is my first post here, but I have been hangin around the forum for a while.
I recently got my self some FA flavours and I am trying to find some recipe possibilities from someone who knows them better. Most of my freestyle recipes have been average to bad *a very simple fuji tobacco one I made is easily my best and becoming my ADV for now (2% fuji/1.5% 7 leaves/3% charlie tobacco from molinberry).

I have these flavours:

Tobacco:
7 leaves
Maxx Blend
Cuban Supreme

Fruits:
Fuji apple
Peach
Mango
Passion fruit
Strawberry
Black cherry
Bilberry (this one is really weird for me, kinda more musky than I can handle)
Raspberry

Sweets:
Turkish Honey (torrone)
Chocolate (too strong for my taste)
Vanilla Tahity
Applepie

Drinks:
Jamaican Rum

Etc:
Arctic Menthol
Espresso

I also have Molinberry flavours (Charlie tobacco, RY4, Banana and Green apple) which I can use in bigger doses instead of the FA equivalents.

I have had more success with tobaccos and fruits, can go for a bit of the sweet flavours but i havent had much luck with them till now so I am a bit hesitant to try them.
Oh yeah, I am using 70vg/30pg with 3 nicotine and 30vg/70pg with 8 + 9 nicotine for the juices.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Edit: I added some flavours in my arsenal (in bold)

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! One thing I'd recommend is registering at E-Liquid Recipes.com and putting all your flavors in your stash there, then you can click on the what can I make button and it will list all the recipes in the database that contain the flavors you have.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Try to find some posts by HIC ... he uses a lot of fa flavors in his recipes and has a store where you can buy the recipes inexpensively. also sometimes you can find his free recipes.
I've also heard of apps where you can input all of your flavors and the app would suggest recipes based on your inventory ... I'm currently looking for one of these.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! One thing I'd recommend is registering at E-Liquid Recipes.com and putting all your flavors in your stash there, then you can click on the what can I make button and it will list all the recipes in the database that contain the flavors you have.
Thanks Mark W4 MMS ! I knew I'd heard of a site like that but I couldn't remember what it was.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years

Thanks a lot, I'll try this one out!
EDIT: I have been there, thats also where I check for recommended percentages on the flavours, very useful site. problem is, again, i am always missing 3-13 flavours in all the recipes :D
thats why I posted here, maybe I can get some recommendations for the ones I already have until I get some $$ to go get some more :)

Try to find some posts by HIC ... he uses a lot of fa flavors in his recipes and has a store where you can buy the recipes inexpensively. also sometimes you can find his free recipes.
I've also heard of apps where you can input all of your flavors and the app would suggest recipes based on your inventory ... I'm currently looking for one of these.

I've found a lot of HIC's recipes and they seem amazing (actually I got all my flavours after checking his Notes on FA file), problem is that I usually need a lot of flavours I dont have already and my budget is very limited atm. Next time I can spend money I will buy some flavours just to follow HIC's recommendations.
let me know if you find the app, sounds very useful!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1-2% Fuji apple + 2% Apple Pie
Peach
Mango
Passion fruit
Strawberry
Black cherry
Bilberry

Bilberry (you may have to try using 0.5% or less)
(If you still don't like it get some TFA Blueberry Extra, CAP Blueberry, or FW Blueberry)

Try 1% Chocolate with 2% Vanilla Tahiti.

You can try all these as stand alones at 2%
And/or add 1-2% Vanilla Tahiti, although I like the FA Vanilla Classic better.
(TFA Vanilla Swirl + CAP Sweet Cream are good mixers too)

2% FA Cookie works nice added in with these fruits too.
If your sticking to FA flavors you should also get some Fresh Cream, Jamaican Rum, Marshmallow, & Meringue.
Adding 1% of these can really improve most fruit recipes IMO.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I am not sure I understand the first part. is the recipe you propose 1-2% Fuji apple + 2% Apple Pie? because I see the rest also listed under it.

About the rest, I actually tried equal parts chocolate and vanilla tahity (around 2.5% though) and i found it very strong, especially on the chocolate part. I will try the way you propose, already sounds a lot better :D

I am actually sticking with FA for two main reasons: they seem to be the most tested ones so I feel a lot better vaping them and I can find them at a shop near my place. I will see which of these I can find at my local shop, they carry a lot of FA flavours but there have been some I couldnt find.

Anyone has a must-have FA flavour list to share?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FA is considered a top company for flavor but don't deny yourself short as other companies have flavors that can be better than FA... FA does have a high percentage of good flavors to use but not everything from them is the best....Ive recently added Capella and lorann to my stash and glad I did.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not sure I understand the first part. is the recipe you propose 1-2% Fuji apple + 2% Apple Pie? because I see the rest also listed under it.

About the rest, I actually tried equal parts chocolate and vanilla tahity (around 2.5% though) and i found it very strong, especially on the chocolate part. I will try the way you propose, already sounds a lot better :D

I am actually sticking with FA for two main reasons: they seem to be the most tested ones so I feel a lot better vaping them and I can find them at a shop near my place. I will see which of these I can find at my local shop, they carry a lot of FA flavours but there have been some I couldnt find.

Anyone has a must-have FA flavour list to share?

If you already have FA chocolate then get yourself some FA Cocoa to go with it as a mix...youll thank me later.
Also:
FA Coconut
FA Vienna Cream
FA Fresh cream
FA Cola
FA Espresso (dark bean coffee)

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
If you already have FA chocolate then get yourself some FA Cocoa to go with it as a mix...youll thank me later.
Also:
FA Coconut
FA Vienna Cream
FA Fresh cream
FA Cola
FA Espresso (dark bean coffee)

Daaaamn, i almost got vienna and espresso the last time!
Cola is probably not for me, I dont even like the real thing :)
The rest just got in my shopping list

I have spent a lot of time there, I started this thread for suggestions on the flavours I already have (most of the recipes I read have at least 2-3 ingredients I dont have- and that's for the ones with a title that suggests im might be lucky with my small flavour collection)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also as you stated chocolate was too strong for you..Then use less...Not all the flavors will want the same percentage added..Some are ver strong and some not so much so its an experiment to find the percentage you like for yourself...make up tiny 5ml batches with no nicotine in them to use as a percentage test bed for each and every flavor you have...Youll figure out what works best for you.

If you get cola you can add some of that Black cherry to it to make a cherry cola vape if you like that....Both are strong flavors..Once you find where you like the cola then you add a little at a time of the black cherry till you are happy with it...Trial and error is the key to a good recipe for each individual... even if you find one on the internet somewhere giving you exact percentage numbers..Its not necessarily great for everyone but can be tailored to fit your taste.

Hic is known to make low percentage recipes which many find to be good...He finds that near perfect percentage of mix between flavors...If you need it stronger you still keep the ratio of percentages between flavors but just add more of everything accordingly....Keep in mind I read someplace that HIC doesn't subohm with high power and power has an effect on flavoring as well so. you MUST tailor ejuice to your liking and how you vape.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daaaamn, i almost got vienna and espresso the last time!
Cola is probably not for me, I dont even like the real thing :)
The rest just got in my shopping list

I have spent a lot of time there, I started this thread for suggestions on the flavours I already have (most of the recipes I read have at least 2-3 ingredients I dont have- and that's for the ones with a title that suggests im might be lucky with my small flavour collection)
Well ok so scratch off the cola..lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
4% peach
1% mango

simple peach/mango
add in 3% white peach when you get it

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
That is more or less what I am doing, I start by checking the suggested percentagess, then I check at e-liquidrecipes for suggestions on the mixing percentages and thats how I get an idea about how strong each flavour is. so if i want to have a 50/50 tastewise, id use a bit less from a more intence flavour, a bit more from a weaker one. for fruits it usually works (except from Bilberry which takes over wherever i used it, even at 0.5-1%, and mango which I find really strong but starting to like it).

as for the chocolate, maybe i just dont like vaping it. Or maybe I dont like FA chocolate, not sure. I also tried a choco orange eliquid from molinberry and hated it. I will certainly try the cocoa-choco combination, and in the worst case ill start using cocoa to "spice" up some mixes and stop trying to make chocolate stuff :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Suggested percentages are way over inflated in my opinion..Maybe with some flavors by TFA you need a lot but its very rare you need more than 3 to 5% for anything FA related and some you may not want more than .5% of.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind I read someplace that HIC doesn't subohm with high power and power has an effect on flavoring as well so. you MUST tailor ejuice to your liking and how you vape.
interesting that you say that, for some reason the first base I use in order to try the mixes is the 70pg 8-9 nicotine base for MTL. I just fell it will be better in representing the mixes. then, if I really like it I am going for the 70vg 3 nic for my cleito and make some small adjustments.

4% peach
1% mango

simple peach/mango
add in 3% white peach when you get it
thanks! sounds nice and tidy :)

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Suggested percentages are way over inflated in my opinion..Maybe with some flavors by TFA you need a lot but its very rare you need more than 3 to 5% for anything FA related and some you may not want more than .5% of.
I dont think i ever saw anything over 5% for FA, most of the times its in the 1-4% range, at least for the ones I have.

edit: also this has been very helpful, although its in german so I dont know what the comments are about https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agXdua8bEp8MV4z1mn3qX4AXCS4P0RxQXcy2lDa7ccc/pub?gid=0

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
PG is a better carrier of flavor than VG but too much PG is too harsh....I would venture to say high power devices bring more flavor out of a higher VG base and Lower power with more PG but never higher than PG...70/30 mix is a pretty good happy medium.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just start low from the beginning and work up...Keep in mind though some flavors can get either stronger or weaker with time so again its a trial and error...You may like chocolate at 2% from the start but it may fade after a week or it may get stronger...Its a timely learning process but its worth it in the end.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
thanks mike, im really starting to love this whole process, I am hoping that at some point I will be able to share some of my recipes here (the ones I will be really proud of :) )
by the way, just for the record, 38 days cigarette free and counting. hoping to find a nice and easy realistic tobacco ADV for the next weeks and then im probably going to slowly ditch the whole tobacco thing once and for all

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
~2% Maxx Blend plus a lesser amount of anything you think would go with honey tobacco to give it some contrast.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

That was just a single idea for Fuji + Apple Pie

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Equal amounts of 7 Leaves and Maxx Blend make a decent cigarette-like flavor, maybe 1.5% each & let it age about a week.

Fuji is a great base for mixed fruit flavors. How about 2% Fuji with 3% Peach, 0.5% Mango, 1% Passionfruit? Mango is really strong & not very sweet. Passionfruit & Peach are sweet but not as strong. I haven't mixed that combo, but I think it would be a tasty fruit blend.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Equal amounts of 7 Leaves and Maxx Blend make a decent cigarette-like flavor, maybe 1.5% each & let it age about a week.

Fuji is a great base for mixed fruit flavors. How about 2% Fuji with 3% Peach, 0.5% Mango, 1% Passionfruit? Mango is really strong & not very sweet. Passionfruit & Peach are sweet but not as strong. I haven't mixed that combo, but I think it would be a tasty fruit blend.

Thanks HIC! Fuji is actually in almost all of my above average mixes till now, I'll try the combo you suggest, maybe start even lower with the mango.

3% Maxx gives me more of a cocoa/honey taste than anything tobacco, mixing it with 7 leaves sounds like a good idea.

You guys are amazing, I already have six recipe suggestions and an updated flavour shopping list!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, looking at your list, and if this is all I had to vape...I have no experience with Molinberry flavors...the first flavor I would grab is the vanilla tahiti. I love that flavor. My 2nd grab would be to put some pie in my vanilla. Then I might add some black cherry and perhaps a bit of Fuji.
I'd try
2% Vanilla Tahiti
.75% Apple Pie
.5% black cherry
.25% fuji

And Welcome!!

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Thanks!
I was just about to start preparing some of those and I noticed that Maxx blend is even more of a cocoa/honey flavour than I remember it to be. I actually get no tobacco notes in the smell! In my 3% standalone I thought I had just used too much, but opening the bottle now it smells a lot more like a pure sweet flavour.
Do you think it is possible I got a mislabeled bottle?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks!
I was just about to start preparing some of those and I noticed that Maxx blend is even more of a cocoa/honey flavour than I remember it to be. I actually get no tobacco notes in the smell! In my 3% standalone I thought I had just used too much, but opening the bottle now it smells a lot more like a pure sweet flavour.
Do you think it is possible I got a mislabeled bottle?
Tobaco flavors change depending on the percentage you use and after they steep for a few days to a few weeks

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Tobaco flavors change depending on the percentage you use and after they steep for a few days to a few weeks
My 3% standalone is 11-12 days old and still tastes like a cocoa-honey powder we used to mix with milk in Greece when I was a kid (HEMO)...
I guess i should have gone lower in the %%s, I mixed it with 3% 7leaves (so now it should be ~1.5%/1.5%) to check if I can get a tobacco vape in the end

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FA Maxx Blend This is one of FA’s mildest tobaccos; 3% is not overwhelming. Mild caramel/honey cigarette tobacco leaf flavor. This and 7 Leaves are two FA tobacco blends popular with vapers transitioning from cigarettes. If mixed using very clean/pure nic base, the caramel/honey flavor is mostly honey; with more “peppery” or lower-quality nic, it’s more caramel than honey. It must steep for the tobacco flavors to mature. The tobacco seems to feature mostly Virginia with Burley, but they are mild here. For bolder tobacco without major changes in the flavor profile, add a little FA Shade. Maxx Blend makes a gourmet substitute for caramel-honey flavor in some non-tobacco recipes, especially bakery types.

Borrowed from HIC's notes

So maybe try 1.5-2%

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I have read the notes a gazillion times, actually I have ctrl+f'ed all the flavours that were available in my local shop to check what HIC had to say for them (lengthy process i gotta say).
i'll see how the maxx blend/7 leaves mix turns out and if i still get the same flavour then probably maxx blend is not for me.

from what ive read in this thread fuji is the winner of the list (I love this one)
interestingly no strawberry recommendations.

loved it, nice shake+vape, I also think this is super close to the applepie juice of a local vape shop (now im pretty sure they are using FA themselves)

I liked the first sample I made, went with 2.5% peach and just a little less mango on the second. Very fresh!

Hmmm, looking at your list, and if this is all I had to vape...I have no experience with Molinberry flavors...the first flavor I would grab is the vanilla tahiti. I love that flavor. My 2nd grab would be to put some pie in my vanilla. Then I might add some black cherry and perhaps a bit of Fuji.
I'd try
2% Vanilla Tahiti
.75% Apple Pie
.5% black cherry
.25% fuji

And Welcome!!

next on my list!

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I'd try
2% Vanilla Tahiti
.75% Apple Pie
.5% black cherry
.25% fuji

And Welcome!!

Very smooth, i dropped a bit more fuji accidentally but didnt really take over the taste. thanks!

this is so good i already made an extra 50mls...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can add some vanilla to your pie and it would be good too. Have some fun playing around. I've found certain flavors I just don't care for and others I love. If you don't want to waste too much base try putting for example 3 drops of Stawberry and 1 drop of mango in a bottle and shake it. Then in another bottle have a ml of base and add a drop or 2 of the flavors you mixed together into your ml of base, shake and give it a vape. 1 drop into a ml is approximately 3% flavor. Or do 3 ml of base in a bottle and each drop of your mixed up flavor will be 1%

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I added some flavours today (in bold in the original post), if anyone has some suggestions i'd love to hear them!

You can add some vanilla to your pie and it would be good too. Have some fun playing around. I've found certain flavors I just don't care for and others I love. If you don't want to waste too much base try putting for example 3 drops of Stawberry and 1 drop of mango in a bottle and shake it. Then in another bottle have a ml of base and add a drop or 2 of the flavors you mixed together into your ml of base, shake and give it a vape. 1 drop into a ml is approximately 3% flavor. Or do 3 ml of base in a bottle and each drop of your mixed up flavor will be 1%

Thanks for the tips! I am usually mixing by weight and it gets a bit difficult when doing a 5ml mix (2 unregistered drops and suddenly with the next drop i am 0.5%+ off my intented mix)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the tips! I am usually mixing by weight and it gets a bit difficult when doing a 5ml mix (2 unregistered drops and suddenly with the next drop i am 0.5%+ off my intented mix)

Yes, it happens because all drops are not created equal:D.
You won't always get exact amounts but It has less effect when mixing 10ml + batches.
Which is why I only mix 10-15ml rather than 5ml anymore.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, it happens because all drops are not created equal:D.
You won't always get exact amounts but It has less effect when mixing 10ml + batches.
Which is why I only mix 10-15ml rather than 5ml anymore.
Exactly! I never make a test batch less than 15ml anymore. It's pretty easy to vape 15ml of juice even if it didn't work out quite as well as expected and gives you more time vaping it to figure out how you need to tweak it. Even if it did turn out so bad you have to chunk it, you haven't lost much.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
FA Maxx Blend This is one of FA’s mildest tobaccos; 3% is not overwhelming. Mild caramel/honey cigarette tobacco leaf flavor. This and 7 Leaves are two FA tobacco blends popular with vapers transitioning from cigarettes. If mixed using very clean/pure nic base, the caramel/honey flavor is mostly honey; with more “peppery” or lower-quality nic, it’s more caramel than honey. It must steep for the tobacco flavors to mature. The tobacco seems to feature mostly Virginia with Burley, but they are mild here. For bolder tobacco without major changes in the flavor profile, add a little FA Shade. Maxx Blend makes a gourmet substitute for caramel-honey flavor in some non-tobacco recipes, especially bakery types.

Borrowed from HIC's notes

So maybe try 1.5-2%

I was almost certain I had a mislabeled bottle, so I got an extra Maxx Blend with my last purchase, turns out it was not mislabeled and now I got myself a nice 19ml of cocoa-tasting flavours :) .
Then I found this review here.
That's almost exactly the flavour I am getting from this one, maybe with a more vague fruity note. At least now I know there is another person that can't quite find the tobacco in there :)

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Exactly! I never make a test batch less than 15ml anymore. It's pretty easy to vape 15ml of juice even if it didn't work out quite as well as expected and gives you more time vaping it to figure out how you need to tweak it. Even if it did turn out so bad you have to chunk it, you haven't lost much.
That sounded convincing enough to me, I think I will start upping my sample sizes. I am expecting a big supply of bases by the end of the month and I will probably not be able to vape it by the time it expires anyway, so I will be looser with my experimentations.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
Hey mark, I am wondering, is there any thread/site I could find a list of flavours that could be interchangable between companies (e.g. creams from FA that would work in a similar way to creams from TFA with maybe different percentages etc.)?
I got more FA flavours but I still get limited results when using the what I can make button, maybe adding some other companies' flavours in my ELR stash would help.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
(e.g. creams from FA that would work in a similar way to creams from TFA with maybe different percentages etc.)?

I get quite a different taste when using FA Creams compared to TFA.
They have a place but FA are maybe dryer and not as sweet as others.
CAP is a closer match to TFA and seem to work pretty well for subs.
Even using the FW brand will usually work for subs.
Many recipes I've tried that are using FA creams I've just subbed with CAP or TFA and are still good.
That is, if I like the overall taste of the recipe to begin with.
Considering Creams are more of a complimentary flavor they have less impact on a recipe IMO.
Main flavors like fruits make a bigger difference when using as subs.
FA only has 3 creams anyway so it's not a big expense just to buy them eventually anyway tho.
Once you get a bigger flavor stash obviously you'll be able to make more stuff.

kizonis

Member For 4 Years
I get quite a different taste when using FA Creams compared to TFA.
They have a place but FA are maybe dryer and not as sweet as others.
CAP is a closer match to TFA and seem to work pretty well for subs.
Even using the FW brand will usually work for subs.
Many recipes I've tried that are using FA creams I've just subbed with CAP or TFA and are still good.
That is, if I like the overall taste of the recipe to begin with.
Considering Creams are more of a complimentary flavor they have less impact on a recipe IMO.
Main flavors like fruits make a bigger difference when using as subs.
FA only has 3 creams anyway so it's not a big expense just to buy them eventually anyway tho.
Once you get a bigger flavor stash obviously you'll be able to make more stuff.

Sorry for responding so late, I hadnt seen that I had a response, I just saw it now when fixing my bookmarks.
Well its not just the creams I am trying to find about, I find that there is limited info online regarding the best flavour substitutes around. Actually, except from a comment here and there, I have only found some info on comments under specific recipes at eliquid recipes .com
I decided to make my big order, got myself a number of flavours from FA, TPA and Capella. I chose them after ranking the flavours on the number of recipes available so I will have some options.

most of my own attempts sucked anyway, so I will start by replicating existing recipes and we ll see where this gets me.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey mark, I am wondering, is there any thread/site I could find a list of flavours that could be interchangable between companies (e.g. creams from FA that would work in a similar way to creams from TFA with maybe different percentages etc.)?
I got more FA flavours but I still get limited results when using the what I can make button, maybe adding some other companies' flavours in my ELR stash would help.
Sorry for the late response, I have been out of town for a week, and not with internet access. I'm not aware of any list. I've always just asked here if I had a flavor I wanted to try subbing in a recipe, and always get good recommendations.

Rivas

Member For 4 Years

Thanks a lot, I'll try this one out!
EDIT: I have been there, thats also where I check for recommended percentages on the flavours, very useful site. problem is, again, i am always missing 3-13 flavours in all the recipes :D
thats why I posted here, maybe I can get some recommendations for the ones I already have until I get some $$ to go get some more :)

I've found a lot of HIC's recipes and they seem amazing (actually I got all my flavours after checking his Notes on FA file), problem is that I usually need a lot of flavours I dont have already and my budget is very limited atm. Next time I can spend money I will buy some flavours just to follow HIC's recommendations.
let me know if you find the app, sounds very useful!

found an app it's called "E-Liquid Recipes" on android play store

VU Sponsors