Become a Patron!

Suggestions on a starter kit?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hi. New to forum and want to get a better vape kit. I currently have a aspire kit. Which I'm not a fan of but shop said its best out bla bla bla. I'm down to either a innokin mvp pro or a kangertech subox mini. I'm trying to quit cigs so would like a better kit. Plus I don't mind blowing a big cloud. All the reviews on either are good and a person who works with me has the taste pro. He loves it and price between either are not crazy. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get yourself a Subox. They're fairly cost effective and will allow you to vape petty much however you wanna with their different setups. Also, comes with a rebuildable section and the proper tools to utilize such a section tough you don't hafta use it at all. I couldn't be happier with my Subox Mini starter kit it does so much more than most [:=

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Innokin isub tank for like $15 and a decent 30w mod to power it. I just upgraded to that setup from aspire tanks and I like it so much better. Im using a kbox right now which u can find for around $20 or so, just have to buy batteries and a charger. However there are a ton of good 30-50 w mods with internal batteries so u don't have to worry about all that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
hi. New to forum and want to get a better vape kit. I currently have a aspire kit. Which I'm not a fan of but shop said its best out bla bla bla. I'm down to either a innokin mvp pro or a kangertech subox mini. I'm trying to quit cigs so would like a better kit. Plus I don't mind blowing a big cloud. All the reviews on either are good and a person who works with me has the taste pro. He loves it and price between either are not crazy. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Either one is great for a beginner...
Mods I would recommend to a beginner -
eLeaf iStick 20w, 30w, or 50w
Innokin MVP Energy, MVP Shine, MVP 2.0, MVP 20w, MVP Pro
VaporShark rDNA
SX Mini
Vamo V3 or higher
IPV Mini
Cool Fire IV

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a nautilus tank with a istick 20w and I do not like it to much. I have changed coils I think 5 or 6 times in the month or so I have had it. The shop said the coils that came with it have been redesigned cuz of this problem but they still burn out quick and I do not have wattage all the way up right now I'm at 11.5 and I don't puff on it all day. Plus I have leak issues more than I would like so honestly. I really don't want anything to do with istick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would go with the Subbox Kit.

And the tank comes with an RBA head so when the time comes you can use that to learn how to do your own coils.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up the Subox kit a few days ago, and it's simply great. I mostly use a dripper now, but I'm really liking this setup for my commute to and from work. Running the new vertical coils at 43W while chain vaping with no dry hits. On the old coils 25W was max, any more and the wicking just couldn't keep up. No leaking issues for me so far, but I didn't have any with my SubTankPlus either, so I didn't expect any. My vote definitely goes to the Subox kit regardless if you are a newbie or veteran.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now what the heck is a dripper lol sorry. Kinda new to these terms and parts. I was told to get my setup and juice etc. due to fact I smoke Newport 100s about a pack to pack and a half a day.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A dripper or RDA is a rebuildable topper where you have to drop your juice directly on the coils you make.
Like this
08e4b9ad12f61bd660c6e65807e7d855.jpg

a3b777ad1818dcdca3d3b82a065b154a.jpg

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh ok. I have to do that with what I have now. The shop didn't tell me that it had a specific name. Now what are ranges for the subox that people have seen?

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok. I have to do that with what I have now. The shop didn't tell me that it had a specific name. Now what are ranges for the subox that people have seen?

What do you mean by ranges? Price point?

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$55 - $80 before taxes is roughly the price range for a Subox

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I saw 57 for subox free shipping and 66 for the mvp pro. So those seem like really good prices.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vape shop near my house wants a 100 plus batteries and taxes for subox

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not cool, there's a shop around here that is doing the same thing - keep looking around other shops if possible - I paid just over 80 after taxes for mine then bought two damaging batteries for 25 after taxes

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found online for 59 free shipping so might go that route unless I hear something bad about the machine that will tell me not to get it but so far all good reviews

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only thing I'm going to that shop for is liquid. That's bout it anymore

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
YouTube is king as well as is this forum. You'll be sure to find absolutely everything you need to know between both [:= I for one am totally for the Subox the moment I seen it's release (considering I has just purchased a Kbox and subtank mini combo prior)
Whatever route you take, happy vaping!

Last edited:

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YouTube is king as well as is this forum. You'll be sure to find absolutely everything you need to know between both [:= I for one am totally for the Subox the moment I seen it's release (considering I has just purchased a Kbox and subtank mini combo prior)
Whatever route you take, happy vaping!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Haha I was exactly the same. Bought a Kbox and SubTankPlus and like a week later the Subox kit was announced. Once it was finally out here in the great white north I sold that setup and picked up this one simply because of how sexy it looks. The higher power box, screen, and micro charging are just icing on the cake.

eeb1a15f8b29cc23d08c771d6bdecb47.jpg

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Once it was finally out here in the great white north I sold that setup and picked up this one simply because of how sexy it looks

Haha same here - exactly the same

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another thing. Can the subox be used as a back battery charger for ur cell phone like the mvp pro

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh ok. So that's a lil bit of a con but not a bad thing. Just a cool feature

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just pay the fifteen bucks for a portable power bank lol

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have one already. Just the guy at my job was showing me his mvp and he loves it. He just showing me all the features

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's y I posted on here if anyone has dealt with both and who likes what. And I really appreciate all ur guys feedback

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an MVP 2 as my first ever vape, and I don't think I ever used the battery backup feature. A coworker has an MVP 3 and he's constantly charging it from a power bank, as it really doesn't hold a charge that well after a few months of use. I'm all for a removable and replaceable batter for this reason exactly.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now how is the leakage? Are the batteries on the subox rechargeable. My coworker has a mvp and he goes thru battery quick but he don't complain bout it he really likes it.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Leakage as far as does it leak liquid at a certain point. Mine leaks supposedly when core is going bad

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now how is the leakage? Are the batteries on the subox rechargeable. My coworker has a mvp and he goes thru battery quick but he don't complain bout it he really likes it.

No leakage at all. Battery is a single 18650 that is removable but can also charge while inside the mod via USB.
Battery life is so subjective, the more power the shorter the life. I also rotate through numerous devices throughout the day depending on mood and charge any batteries I have used overnight.

27ea2c4a57a4855ff826014e0072b4eb.jpg

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do enjoy the idea of the ability to charge devices with a vapor box mod but I really don't see a need to do so as I'd rather keep my vape battery primarily for using with my vape and not drain it to fer other devices. But hey, that's just my opinion [:=

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get u. But is the battery rechargeable for the mod box or every time it dies I have to buy a new one

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And batteries do not come with starter kit correct?

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Completely rechargeable - you also won't need to buy a charger as the Subox has the ability to charge your batteries for you via micro USB
Also, I haven't had any leakage whatsoever

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And how much are the batteries for the kit

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I paid 25 after tax for two Samsung inr 18650's so they're fairly inexpensive

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And how much are the batteries for the kit

Up here about $15. My B&M threw one in for me because I refer a ton of people to them, so they always take care of me.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw MAYHEM, "great white north"... Are you in Canada? Just wondering where pricing would be similar to here if so as I'm in Newfoundland

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in New York bro. I got a guy who works with me who bro in law owns a shop up in niagra falls

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any vendors on this forum good with pricing?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So from your guys recommendation I ordered a subox. With a efest battery was under $60. Only bad thing is place is out of stock and won't restock til August 1st. No biggie I guess. Now I did take a recommendation on the YouTube videos. One person did review on subox (twisted420). I assume because he is a pro vapor. He didn't like a couple things on subox which I guess I have no issue since I have lil clue on what he was talking about. Lol. And another person (indoor smokers) did one on mvp pro 3.0 and he didn't complain about anything on it. I guess only thing that sold me was price point and big clouds for buck on the subox. Not that it matters now since I ordered the subox but a vs. video would be awesome between the 2 since both have great written reviews.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw. Twisted420 did end off saying for 79.99 the subox was still worth getting so he didn't say it's not worth it

VU Sponsors