Become a Patron!

Suggestions on best sub-ohm clearomizers

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello, I have been mostly using a Cleito since I went to sub-ohm and basically hate this tank. Partly because it seeps/leaks juice no matter what I seem to do and I have had REALLY bad luck with coils as well. Overall I am just totally unhappy with this tank so I want to figure out the best options to try next.

I did buy a TFV8 Cloud Beast but I didn't like that tank either. I tried it several times with a couple different juices and just didn't like it, perhaps I did something wrong because most seem to love it but there was no joy for me so I gave it to a son who was going to buy one.

What I want is a sub-ohm tank with nice vapor production, produces great taste and is easy to fill but does NOT leak. I have ordered one tank but it was so long ago (ordered right as fasttech was going on holiday) that sometimes I forget it will be here someday. It is the FreeMax Starre Pure sub ohm clearomizer. I had read some good things about it so I thought I would give it a try but actually would like to end up with more than one tank so I can switch tanks and flavors easily.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Given the top airflow makes leaking extremely unlikely, if you like the performance of the Starre Pure (once you get it), just get another one in a different finish. Then the SS can be one flavor and the black another. Nothing wrong with 2 of the same tanks. Makes life easier in some ways as you don't have to stock two different coil types.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like my Freemax Starre (Vapeston Maganus, literally the same shit with different letters on it), and hopefully you will too. I don't have leakage problems with it.

And yeah, I second the Isub Apex choice. really easy fill, and really easy coil change too.

That said, you know you can just get a drip tip with top airflow. When I found out my Triton 2 (which is somehow worse than the Triton 1) didn't have top airflow, I just went and bought one for $6 at the local shop. it's a whole new tank now...

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the replies! I did order an Innokin Isub Apex 5ml from the recommendation here and expect the Starre next week along with the Isub so that hopefully will give me 2 good choices. Thanks!

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do have a question, I imagine Whiskey could answer this as well as others. For the Isub there were two types of coils to choose from in the .5 ohm variety, one was ceramic and the other was KAL however I wasn't sure what that stood for and which was the best option for me (I don't use TC, have tried it but prefer to stick with a wattage that seems to work good with the particular tank/coil? On the lowest or settings close to lowest temp on like the TFV8 the tank, vape and mouthpiece seemed to get very hot very quickly and I don't have that problem on wattage but my primary mod which is a Sigelei 150TC touchscreen won't vape a .15 coil on anything but temp control so that is another reason I didn't like the TFV8.

So can someone inform me more on which type of coils probably fits best with my use? I ordered some of both so I could try both but sometimes it is still difficult for me to decide since unless you set it up back to back with the different coils and same juice (since I won't have 2 yet) it's hard to know for me.

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
UPDATE: I received both tanks on Monday. I have been switching back and forth since then between the two (Starre FreeMAX and Innokin Isub Apex. I have decided that all things considered, I like the FreeMAX the best. It is odd that the vape is so cool, mouthpiece stays so cool and so even though it puts huge amounts of vapor out, it doesn't really have a throat hit for me, at least with the juice I put in it which is one I hadn't used before. The Isub has a much better throat hit but it doesn't put out near the vapor production and it eventually started to bother me provoking me to go right back to the FreeMAX., No clue yet how this tank will last over time and what the coil life will be on it. BTW, if you are not familiar, this tank uses ceramic on the coils and at least one other place, inside the mouthpiece so it doesn't transmit much heat. In fact this is the coolest (temp wise) vape production I have EVER had at sub-ohm levels.Also, I am NOT sure which type of coil came in the Isub but once it dies I will try the porcelain coil to see if that seems different from what came in it new. I can compare the two at that point as well, I didn't pay close attention when I primed it as instructed in the quick start.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
UPDATE: I received both tanks on Monday. I have been switching back and forth since then between the two (Starre FreeMAX and Innokin Isub Apex. I have decided that all things considered, I like the FreeMAX the best. It is odd that the vape is so cool, mouthpiece stays so cool and so even though it puts huge amounts of vapor out, it doesn't really have a throat hit for me, at least with the juice I put in it which is one I hadn't used before. The Isub has a much better throat hit but it doesn't put out near the vapor production and it eventually started to bother me provoking me to go right back to the FreeMAX., No clue yet how this tank will last over time and what the coil life will be on it. BTW, if you are not familiar, this tank uses ceramic on the coils and at least one other place, inside the mouthpiece so it doesn't transmit much heat. In fact this is the coolest (temp wise) vape production I have EVER had at sub-ohm levels.Also, I am NOT sure which type of coil came in the Isub but once it dies I will try the porcelain coil to see if that seems different from what came in it new. I can compare the two at that point as well, I didn't pay close attention when I primed it as instructed in the quick start.
freemax starre pure is a very good sub ohm tank. the vape stays cool because of the ceramic. and the coils are super cheap which is nice

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like my Freemax Starre (Vapeston Maganus, literally the same shit with different letters on it), and hopefully you will too. I don't have leakage problems with it.

And yeah, I second the Isub Apex choice. really easy fill, and really easy coil change too.

That said, you know you can just get a drip tip with top airflow. When I found out my Triton 2 (which is somehow worse than the Triton 1) didn't have top airflow, I just went and bought one for $6 at the local shop. it's a whole new tank now...
I loved mine...but apparently not enough to keep it from a dipwad at the shop that stole it from me. I've moved on to RDTAs now, but that tank will always have my admiration.

VU Sponsors