Become a Patron!

Suicide Bunny OB clone

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday I tried my hand at a clone recipe, namely the OB from Suicide Bunny. Like a couple of other recipes I've made, I found this on Kritikal Mass posted by someone named Dirk. It had a lot of positive reviews & Suicide Bunny is a company whose juices I really like (except the Madrina), so once I saw I had all the ingredients it was on.

Start with PG/VG/Nic base of your choice.

• 10% Vanilla Custard TFA
  • 7% Cake Batter CAP
  • 4% Sweet Cream TFA
  • 4% Bavarian Cream TFA

Total of 25% Flavor and I make it about 20/80 PG/VG & 3mg. If you like more PG you could use less flavoring I suppose, but this is very good & real close to the real thing. That was determined from a simple shake & vape. I can't wait to see how it steeps.

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yesterday I tried my hand at a clone recipe, namely the OB from Suicide Bunny. Like a couple of other recipes I've made, I found this on Kritikal Mass posted by someone named Dirk. It had a lot of positive reviews & Suicide Bunny is a company whose juices I really like (except the Madrina), so once I saw I had all the ingredients it was on.

Start with PG/VG/Nic base of your choice.

• 10% Vanilla Custard TFA
  • 7% Cake Batter CAP
  • 4% Sweet Cream TFA
  • 4% Bavarian Cream TFA

Total of 25% Flavor and I make it about 20/80 PG/VG & 3mg. If you like more PG you could use less flavoring I suppose, but this is very good & real close to the real thing. That was determined from a simple shake & vape. I can't wait to see how it steeps.

There are loads of clones for this on e-liquid-recipes.com

This is one me and my other half have done
2062934711a1228eb60f7bfc16c3bc4a.jpg

And then there is also this one that looks good

371572ba6dc9bb3f78904851eaf22615.jpg

shadows69

Member For 4 Years
That's a lot of custard. I imagine the steep time is a month?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear others have tried it.
It vaped ok for me initially, but it sounds likes it's only going to get better.

Amanda, I was hoping you had tried both of them to say which you liked better. The one you said you did looks interesting enough that I will give it a try one of these days.

Last edited:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm new over here (from ECF), so forgive me for butting in, but I also made this (the first one posted) and YES, it definitely gets only better with age! It was good right away, but after a few weeks (or more, I forget exactly when I made it), it's unputdownable! I'm vaping some right now, in fact.

I'm absolutely hooked on making juice now, so I'm probably going to be hanging around here a bit. ;) I love trying out new recipes. :wave:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm new over here (from ECF), so forgive me for butting in, but I also made this (the first one posted) and YES, it definitely gets only better with age! It was good right away, but after a few weeks (or more, I forget exactly when I made it), it's unputdownable! I'm vaping some right now, in fact.

I'm absolutely hooked on making juice now, so I'm probably going to be hanging around here a bit. ;) I love trying out new recipes. :wave:

Welcome to the "Rabbit Hole":cheers:

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes, welcome. I still cruise through over there occasionally, but there's way more DIY action (and generally more interesting) here, though.
And yes, I've become quite addicted to DIY myself. I started a couple of weeks back, but read up on it for months. I really like it.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, welcome. I still cruise through over there occasionally, but there's way more DIY action (and generally more interesting) here, though.
And yes, I've become quite addicted to DIY myself. I started a couple of weeks back, but read up on it for months. I really like it.

That's good to know (about it being generally more interesting!). I started DIYing last August, I think. I was only 2 months into vaping when I started thinking I needed to make my own. Now that I'm (sorta) into sub-ohming, I HAFTA make my own! LOL!

Hi, Lannie, glad to see you here! Great DIY and friendly, helpful people.

Hi, Misswish! :wave:

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know (about it being generally more interesting!). I started DIYing last August, I think. I was only 2 months into vaping when I started thinking I needed to make my own. Now that I'm (sorta) into sub-ohming, I HAFTA make my own! LOL
Then you'll like it here. There's a lot more DIY going on around here.
Over there it's the same 'ol, same 'ol.:wait:

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about trying the op recipe awhile back but figured it wouldn't be to good with all that custard and cake batter. But hearing good things about it makes me wanna try it. For the people who tried it and liked it did you guys use the one with mostly tfa or the one with mostly cap?

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The one I made was CAP sweet cream, cake batter, and custard (v2), and TFA Bavarian cream. I think it's DEE-LICIOUS! I love the cake batter, though. I like anything with cake batter in it. ;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The one I made was CAP sweet cream, cake batter, and custard (v2), and TFA Bavarian cream. I think it's DEE-LICIOUS! I love the cake batter, though. I like anything with cake batter in it. ;)

The CAP Cake Batter has a bit of a love/hate thing going on.
Fortunately I like it myself, but I tend to use it in lower amounts nowadays as it's such a powerful flavor.

Great news though cause your making some stuff you like.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried some other juice with cake batter in it half and half in a tank with the same juice made withOUT cake batter (that's confusing, but basically it cut the cake batter percentage roughly in half) and it was still very good, so I was thinking the same thing... if I lower the percentage of it, I won't go through it so fast! LOL!

I made the mistake of getting a bottle of cake batter dip, on the recommendations of several people who said it was "just the same" as cake batter, but it's not. Not even CLOSE. The "dip" isn't a bad flavor, but it's not cake batter. ;)

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, yup, not even close, and the FW Cake Batter Dip is another one that's hard on coils.

I think maybe ALL my juices are hard on coils, because I didn't notice that one being any worse than anything else. ;) I like sweet, what can I say? LOL! I rewick my coils every day because I have a sensitivity to "burned" tasting anything. Even the slightest little hint, and I yank the atomizer out and put a fresh one in and all is right in my world again. :) Just in the last couple of months, I've just made it part of my routine that I swap out for fresh coils/wicks every morning. (They're the same coils, dry burned, but fresh wicks each day...)

Sorry, looks like I'm causing the thread to drift. I'm SO BAD about that! :oops:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No doubt due to the high fructose ... :(

Well, isn't THAT special? I just checked, and although the ingredients don't list it, now BCV has a big red banner across that flavor that says, "CONTAINS FRUCTOSE." I'm sure they mean high fructose corn syrup... ever since people started avoiding that, they changed the name to "fructose" or "corn sugar," neither of which it actually IS. And here I sit with a whole 4 ounce bottle of it. Well, at least it was cheap. It's going to be dumped.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, isn't THAT special? I just checked, and although the ingredients don't list it, now BCV has a big red banner across that flavor that says, "CONTAINS FRUCTOSE." I'm sure they mean high fructose corn syrup... ever since people started avoiding that, they changed the name to "fructose" or "corn sugar," neither of which it actually IS. And here I sit with a whole 4 ounce bottle of it. Well, at least it was cheap. It's going to be dumped.

I hated to read about that too.
Why do things that taste good have to be bad for us? :gaah:

But hey, Carrot Cake should be okay, right? :giggle:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Carrot cake... riiiiight! LOL!

Well, I'm not too sad to lose the cake batter dip. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. At least my very favoritest cake batter (CAP) only has diketones in it! :p I'll just order a pint or quart of that, and I should be all set. :D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, at least it was cheap. It's going to be dumped.

Wonder if it could be used in coffee, or other food type things?

It's really a strange thing that Flavor West thinks they need to add that to their flavorings.
Even if the flavorings have been designed for food use why do they think they need sugars.
Most of the "food recipes" that need flavoring already have sugar in the recipes themselves.
Pretty stupid thinking that such a tiny amount of it would be enough to sweeten a food recipe all by itself.
And especially since the other major brands don't feel the need to do the same thing.
Must be some really dumb people running that place as they should know all the vaping people will stop using FW.
Or at least the few that use them now anyway.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a problem with corn in any form, so no, I wouldn't use it for flavoring anything. It's drain cleaner. Do ALL Flavor West flavorings have it in them? I don't have very many of their flavors, but I have a couple. Yellow cake is one of my staples also, and I'm prolly gonna find out IT has corn syrup in it, too, aren't I? :gaah:

Off to Bull City to do some research...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a problem with corn in any form, so no, I wouldn't use it for flavoring anything. It's drain cleaner. Do ALL Flavor West flavorings have it in them? I don't have very many of their flavors, but I have a couple. Yellow cake is one of my staples also, and I'm prolly gonna find out IT has corn syrup in it, too, aren't I? :gaah:

Off to Bull City to do some research...

Think the Blueberry & Blackberry are safe at least, and decent flavors too.
Gonna have to check all these out for myself now and mark them in my flavorings spreadsheet.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have their blueberry or blackberry... but I'll check the ones I do have and make notes for possible future flavors I might have wanted to order.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup, yellow cake has corn syrup in it. Crap. They're the only one that makes a yellow cake flavor, as far as I've seen. That sucks...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, yellow cake has corn syrup in it. Crap. They're the only one that makes a yellow cake flavor, as far as I've seen. That sucks...

Yes, there's another thread discussing this issue.
Trying to find a decent replacement seems quite difficult.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I should go look for that other thread. See? There I go, drifting threads again. On another forum, my title is Queen of Thread Drift! LOL! I've been on that one since it started, so they let me get away with it. ;)

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok shake n vape. Can't say I like one more then the other. Why to much flavoring that's for sure. I knew it would of been seeing everything so high. But I will see what they are like in a few weeks

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made some of this a week ago, on the 12th. Tonight I'm going to try a little & let the rest sit another week.
It smells pretty good, though.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made some of this a week ago, on the 12th. Tonight I'm going to try a little & let the rest sit another week.
It smells pretty good, though.

Tried it & it tastes very much like the SB version to me.
Really good- I can't wait to try it again in another week, if I can keep my hands off of it until then.
I may have to make some more soon so it can start steeping.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been 3 weeks since I made this recipe & I still really like. It has a nice rich, cakey flavor (like with vanilla cream frosting).
Being I have dead taste buds & like the thick stuff I usually require a high flavor percentage, but this one may benefit from a slight reduction for my tastes, but I mean only a slight reduction. I thought the flavor might fade after a few weeks, but it has not. I really like it, I just want to bring it down a notch or so.
I'm thinking of making it again in the near future, but ending up around 21% rather than the 25%.

I'm thinking-
TFA Vanilla Custard 8%
CAP Cake Batter 5%
TFA Sweet Cream 4%
TFA Bavarian Cream 4%

Thanks for the recipe TW.
Definitely something worth tinkering with.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking of making it again in the near future, but ending up around 21% rather than the 25%.

The best way normally is just to reduce everything by the same percent, thereby keeping the ratios the same.
But it's always fun to just wing it and experiment too...
I'd probably just cut everything in half myself, but mostly cause I'm doing 70/30VG.

VU Sponsors