Become a Patron!

Super Bat 220W with Frogman XL - Vaptio

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Super Bat 220W with Frogman XL Tank from Vaptio. The Super Bat 220W with Frogman XL Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jason from Vaptio.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/super-bat-kit_1031/

In the Box

Contents:

Super Bat 220W Mod
Frogman Tank
Frogman W-2 coil
Frogman W-8 coil
Replacement Glass
Spare o-rings
2 User Manuals
USB Cable

The Super Bat 220W

Vaptio follow the Wallcrawler with the Super Bat mod following on with the super hero theme which does leave them open to criticism but as again it is based on a super hero franchise enjoyed by many adults and there is nothing cartoon like about the devices looks or graphics i personally don't believe they have crossed a line so power to Vaptio.

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Super Bat Kit comes in the typical Vaptio packaging, and once opened i was met by a very solid average size device and a very familiar tank, the Frogman which with the standard kit that i received was the XL version. The Super Bat is very sturdy and has quite a bit of weight to it but not too heavy to prevent it being used when out and about just reassuringly solid. I received the Red version which is a Burgundy Red and has Silver side panels, it is also available in Black with Black side panels and Silver with Black side panels. The included Frogman tank is Black with the Black version and Silver with the Silver and Red versions. The side panels are identical both sides with bat wings etched on the vertical, one side is fixed and the other is a very nice fire bar. I have seen one review that said there was slight movement of the fire bar but i think it was very slight, i come to that assumption because it wasn't made into a big issue and my fire bar has no movement whatsoever apart from the movement needed for firing. The front of the device has a batman raised design with eyes, which light up when the LED's are turned on, the body of the design is a black panel which houses the 1.3 inch TFT colour screen, Vaptio branding and the micro USB port are at the bottom of the panel and just above the screen left and right we have the - and + buttons. The back of the device see's a similar raised Batman design but Batman from behind with his cloak having 3 slots either side that again light up when the LED's are on, centrally towards the bottom of the back we have "SUPER BAT" printed on. The base of the device is the battery hatch door which has plenty of safety stamps printed on, moving to the top of the device we have to one side the 510 plate with spring loaded 510. The Super Bat feels comfortable in the hand and the fire bar is excellent, the build quality of the Super Bat is excellent although i would of liked to of seen some visible venting. Devices are designed to allow for venting somewhere and i would imagine this device would allow for venting behind the fire bar or through the USB port but for peoples piece of mind i still like to see something more visible.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PART 2

Frogman XL Specs:

Materials: Stainless Steel, Pyrex
Height: 56mm
Diameter: 26.5mm
Capacity: 5ml
Colour: Black, Blue, Purple, Stainless Steel

Frogman XL

I have reviewed both the Frogman and Frogman XL tanks previous, i received the standard kit which comes with the Frogman XL, the TPD compliant kit comes with the Frogman. Below is a link to the Frogman XL review:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaptio-frogman-xl-tank.390136/

Super Bat 220W Mod Specs:

Dimensions: 85.5 x 46 x 30mm
1.3" Colour TFT Screen 240x240 PPI
Output mode: VW/TC/Smart/CCW/CCT/Bypass
Output Wattage 1-220 Watts
Resistance Range 0.1Ω-5.0Ω
USB Charging Port DC 5V / 1A
Uses 2 x 18650 Batteries
Changable coloured LED lights
Colours: Black, Silver, Red

Using the Super Bat

The batteries are fitted via the bottom hatch door which fastens very securely, orientation is clearly marked inside for when you have light aiming down the tubes but the orientation on the hatch door is barely visible so i hope Vaptio address this. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and off and the device loads up extremely quickly i also find the scrolling spot on when setting wattage or temperature, not too slow or too fast, just right. The display is dull white with a lot of deep red which actually i like a lot when inside but it does cause visibility issues in sunlight so a brightness adjustment feature would of been a lot better. All the normal information you would expect is displayed on the screen which is set out very nicely and i think Vaptio have done a good job with the display on the main screen and throughout the menu system. To enter the menu is 3 clicks of the fire bar and when in the menu system navigation is done using the - and + buttons and fire selects. The menu screen brings up 4 options which are, Mode, Settings, Theme and back, selecting Theme gives you the choice of the current theme put then Theme 2 informs you it will be coming soon so hopefully the retail version will have 2 theme choices. Selecting Mode brings up the following options, VW, TC (selecting this gives the following options, SS, NI, Ti, NiCr, M1, M2 and M3), smart (which is the preheat options), CCW, CCT and bypass. Selecting Settings brings up a number of options which are, system settings (gives you system info and the option to restore the device), mode setting (this brings up TC, which allows you to choose between Celsius and Fahrenheit and enter TCR values and it also brings up CCW and CCT which allows you to set custom curves), vape time, sleep time (selecting this allows you to set different settings for turning off the screen, LED's and device), puff manager, LED settings (i will come back to this) and Language (when selecting this it brings up a number of languages but on my sample version only English can be selected the rest say coming soon, on the website multi-languages is something they promote so i'm pretty certain they will be available on the retail version). When you select LED settings there are plenty of options including turning them off. There are 6 colours to choose from and you can also have multicolour, modes include breathing and lighting only when vaping. The device is very easy to use and the menu system flows nicely and for those that like to fiddle with things there are plenty of features. I only noticed one thing and that was having the - and + buttons above the screen means you do need to use a finger on your left hand to press the - button and use the right hand to press the + button, if not your hand covers the screen, not an issue for most unless you only have the use of one hand.

Performance

I had no issues with the Super Bat performance wise, it fires instantly and gives a very consistent vape, also i could apply pressure anywhere on the fire bar for it to fire unlike some bars where they need to be pressed towards the top. I have had this device a while and been using it on and off with plenty of different tanks, so it's had a bit of use and it's one of my favourite devices to date. As i always do with high powered devices i used it at low wattage to see how quiet the device kept and it was silent. Up to a 28mm tank will fit without overhang but even a 30mm would look good in my opinion with just the slightest of overhang to one side which is barely noticeable. Vaptio products always have very good efficiency and no different with the Super Bat as it gives very good battery life. The device supports 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

A very good high wattage device that really impressed me. I find the good thing with Vaptio is every release of a product see's a device better than the previous one and now in my opinion is one of the best manufacturers.

Pros

High build quality
Very sturdy device
High Powered
Fires Instantly
Very nice fire bar
Very good battery life
Custom Curves
Multi-languages
LED's if you like them (if not just turn them off)
Easy to use menu
Large colour screen
Nice screen layout
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Display rather dark
Clearer battery orientation on battery hatch please Vaptio
Navigation Buttons would be best below screen
No visible venting

I would once again like to thank Jason from Vaptio for supplying the Super Bat 220W with Frogman XL for the purpose of this review.

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/super-bat-kit_1031/

VU Sponsors