Become a Patron!

Super confused... What do i need to build my first vape?

Brand new to vaping and I just wanted to know what I need to build my first mod. I plan on getting the VAMO V5 mod, but I don't really know what I need to get beyond that except for a battery. I am coming from an Ego which I know little about :p. I don't want anything like a "drip tip" or something that i need to constantly put juice into. I'd prefer something with a tank (if that's called something I'm sorry). Any info would be really helpful because I'm totally lost.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry, we'll get you fixed up.

The VAMO V5 is good, but the V6 is better and only marginally more expensive. It has a higher wattage and can run lower-ohm coils, so you have more options as to what to use with it.

You really need two batteries) -- it's better to get one with a high number of mah rating because they have higher capacity ( make sure it's an 18650 for the VAMO ). You also need a good battery charger, the NiteCore Intellicharger is a good one -- make sure it is also for 18650 size batteries.

For a tank, I would recommend a Kanger Aerotank initially. You can purchase new coils for one of these rather than rebuilding them yourself, and it's a good, high-quality tank.

Did you want to start rebuilding your own coils yet or not?

Also, where are you purchasing this stuff from?

Kenneth98

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you like the ecig with the tank ,you can choose the chch mod . It can fit many tank . Any question ?
tHANKS

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Brand new to vaping and I just wanted to know what I need to build my first mod. I plan on getting the VAMO V5 mod, but I don't really know what I need to get beyond that except for a battery. I am coming from an Ego which I know little about :p. I don't want anything like a "drip tip" or something that i need to constantly put juice into. I'd prefer something with a tank (if that's called something I'm sorry). Any info would be really helpful because I'm totally lost.
I highly recommend the Aspire Nautilus mini tank.
Do a review search, vapers all over the net rave over it. I've got a couple myself and love 'em.

Don't worry, we'll get you fixed up.

The VAMO V5 is good, but the V6 is better and only marginally more expensive. It has a higher wattage and can run lower-ohm coils, so you have more options as to what to use with it.

You really need two batteries) -- it's better to get one with a high number of mah rating because they have higher capacity ( make sure it's an 18650 for the VAMO ). You also need a good battery charger, the NiteCore Intellicharger is a good one -- make sure it is also for 18650 size batteries.

For a tank, I would recommend a Kanger Aerotank initially. You can purchase new coils for one of these rather than rebuilding them yourself, and it's a good, high-quality tank.

Did you want to start rebuilding your own coils yet or not?

Also, where are you purchasing this stuff from?

I'd like to learn sometime, but I'd rather to with something prebuilt for now. And I'm not sure where I'll order from yet. I've heard there's a lot of knock off sites.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@RBVapes has a Vamo v5 Starter Kit on sale right now for $45.95

It include extension for 18650 battery, 18650 battery, charger and 2 Vivi Nova Clearomizers (I don't know anything about these personally)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Vamo V6 should serve you well.

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1848801-vamo-v6-variable-wattage-apv-mod

It will work well for you as a new vaper and when the time comes it will work well with rebuildables.

And you will also need a battery charger. Purchase a good one (chargers are not something you want to skimp on) and it will last you forever or close enough.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1765201-nitecore-d2-2-slot-digital-battery-charger-w-lcd

For the Vamo, you can get by with 2 x 18650 batteries for use in rotation.

For mine I also have 2 x 18350 batteries as I like to use it in short mode when I am in public.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to learn sometime, but I'd rather to with something prebuilt for now. And I'm not sure where I'll order from yet. I've heard there's a lot of knock off sites.

That's a good decision IMO, the thing about rebuilding is that it's fun and you can get great results, but it can also be immensely frustrating at first -- better to get something that gives you a high-quality and reliable vape to fall back on first.

As I said before the Kanger Aerotank is a good bet. Aspire also makes some good tanks ( such as the Nautilus ) but these are going to cost more. Kanger includes a nice illustrated instruction manual with their tanks, so you shouldn't have any problems figuring out how to use it.

As UncleRJ posted above, Fasttech has great prices on many of these items and a 45 day return, 6 month replacement policy. I have not used that particular vendor yet, but they do have pretty much the best prices and a very good return/replace policy, so I probably will in the future. They are a Chinese vendor, I believe, but I'm not sure how that will factor into shipping times. UncleRJ, could you weigh in on this?

I have used vividsmoke before and was very happy with their ship times ( they are based in Irvine, CA ) and they are a reputable vendor. Their prices are not as good as fasttech's are, however.

Since you're using a digital mod with short circuit protection and other safety features, you don't have to worry too much about what battery to use. Just be aware that a battery's mah rating is roughly equivalent to capacity, so more = better, and that for a VAMO it should be either 18650 size or 18350 size ( VAMOs have a threaded extension section that can be taken off to shorten the chamber, that is when you would use a 18350 ) Fasttech has some 18650 Panasonics, Samsungs and LGs that are sold in 2-packs at very good prices, any of these should be good for you.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Fastech is a bit on the slow side. Once you order, it normally takes two days before they ship. Get the $1.50 USPS option and you should get your package within two weeks. Up to four weeks without the option.

And they do have some great deals on batteries. It just takes forever to get them because the postal system there has some funny ideas about shipping batteries and they have to go through a separate mail system.

VU Sponsors