Become a Patron!

Super Tank Mini has no flavor.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need some idea's. I have a super tank mini i wanted to use on my Pico with the 0.5 ohm coils. The past two weeks I have only been able to get minimal flavor at the best. I put on a old e leaf mello 2 tank and flavor is so much better. After changing coils, drinking water and thinking it was me, I was fed up and changed tanks this morning. Anyone have ideas whats wrong or i am doing wrong. I am using 70/30 juice and no visual leaks are present. Could it be air getting in somehow? Thanks for your help.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the same coil in both tanks. Whatever fits the melo also fits the supertank. And vice versa. Might be the coil itself you like or dislike.

Every atty behaves a little differently.

Might just like the melo better.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have done that. Matter of fact the coil i now have in the mello came out of the mimi tank. I waisted so many coils this week. Good reason I need to get my RDA.
What is another good mimi tank? I really want to get a mini for the pico. Its used for work.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have given up on tanks. Rda's all the way.

For a non-rebuildable, the melo you have is solid. Subtank mini or toptank mini. Clieto.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea, I now know why my son gave up on tanks. He is bringing me a "goodie bag" with a old rda he doesnt use to teach me on and get me started. However getting a 22 year old over unless you have food and beer is imposible. Thanks for the ideas.
Think i am making trip to grocery store and liquor store. See if that gets him over.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have done that. Matter of fact the coil i now have in the mello came out of the mimi tank. I waisted so many coils this week. Good reason I need to get my RDA.
What is another good mimi tank? I really want to get a mini for the pico. Its used for work.
Another tank with premade coils you might try is the Smok Baby Beast. Great performance and reasonably priced. I wouldn't give up on the Super Tank Mini though, I love mine and the coil options are awesome. Maybe you got a bad batch.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So after my trip to grocery and liquor store I stopped in at the shop I like and they have always been helpful. We did not solve the problem so I am doing the next responsible thing....
I go back this afternoon and pick up my Alien kit!!!! I did look at the baby beast but I figured why buy the tank when kits are coming in. LOL
Not a way to solve a problem but much more fun!!!!

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after my trip to grocery and liquor store I stopped in at the shop I like and they have always been helpful. We did not solve the problem so I am doing the next responsible thing....
I go back this afternoon and pick up my Alien kit!!!! I did look at the baby beast but I figured why buy the tank when kits are coming in. LOL

Something to consider with the baby beast.

Not sure what wattage you vape, but stick to lower than the lowest wattage recommended on their coils. Grossly over-rated for wattage and burn at their recommended wattage rating. Maybe get the highest wattage coils available for the baby beast?

Solid tank. Good flavor. Just a heads up to somewhat ignore thier recommended wattage.

Really like my alien mods. Enjoy.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From reading in the past that seems to be a common issue when they rate coils. I was taught to start low and work up, I end up between 30 and 42 watts. Depending on what juice I have. There is no way I was ever able to get super tank coils up to 50 let aloan any higher as they say you can

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Something to consider with the baby beast.

Not sure what wattage you vape, but stick to lower than the lowest wattage recommended on their coils. Grossly over-rated for wattage and burn at their recommended wattage rating. Maybe get the highest wattage coils available for the baby beast?

Solid tank. Good flavor. Just a heads up to somewhat ignore thier recommended wattage.

Really like my alien mods. Enjoy.
I cant remember if the kit comes with a TC coil. Do you happen to know off hand? If not I can look it up. Thanks

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk. Kinda dont think they make tc coils for it (yet?)
So I picked it up and had a question if you dont mind BTOAD, or anyone. Which coil would you sugest I use. It came with a 0.4 duel coil installed and a 0.15 octuple coil?
I am thinking I want the 0.4 but will take any suguestions and help.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, you have both. Thy them both. Then, order or buy more of the coil you like. I think I would go with the octuple coil personally. But try them both out.

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I picked up the kit last week and run the Q2 coil that was preinstalled in the tank. After 10 days running at the middle of the wattage range it's starting to burn out. Running the X4 coil in my big baby and it's hit and miss. I'm running at 60 watts with a new coil and new juice with no issues so far.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome way to fix a problem with a $3 coil. Buy a $70 mod kit. I like your thinking!

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't had any serious issues with 4 Baby Beast tanks, using the Q2, X4, or T8 coils. Sometimes I have to vape a tankful before the taste really comes through. I prime the bejeebus out of them, but some seem really slow to saturate. Packed too tight, maybe? Dunno.
Just recently changed out a T8 that I'd used daily for 5 weeks because it was causing atomizer warnings on a mod, even though it still tasted fine.
Hell, I even like the rba deck. Actually, I prefer it to the stock coils. I've read many posts complaining about it's flavor, it leaks, etc. I don't have any issues with it.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I come to think of it a 3 dollar coil problem caused me to buy my Pico. Went in with a problem with a Istick 60w someone gave me to start and get of the smokes. Fixed it and upgraded. Guess I better stop that habit now. HA

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I come to think of it a 3 dollar coil problem caused me to buy my Pico. Went in with a problem with a Istick 60w someone gave me to start and get of the smokes. Fixed it and upgraded. Guess I better stop that habit now. HA
No. Spend away. Better than what you and I were wasting on cigs.

I have 4 tobeco st. I run the .5 coils from tobeco and love them. Maybe it's the tank itself? Are you getting good clouds? Now that you have extra tanks, maybe time to give the st a good cleaning and start over. You can always buy another one. Less than $20 for a new one. I do recommend the 25mm model. Great on the Alien.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No. Spend away. Better than what you and I were wasting on cigs.

I have 4 tobeco st. I run the .5 coils from tobeco and love them. Maybe it's the tank itself? Are you getting good clouds? Now that you have extra tanks, maybe time to give the st a good cleaning and start over. You can always buy another one. Less than $20 for a new one. I do recommend the 25mm model. Great on the Alien.

I was able to fix problem by tearing it down and cleaning. I really didnt go that route before since it was only a few weeks old. I do think its a great little tank and works well on pico now.. On another note I am loving the Alien tonight. Its always good to have options.

VU Sponsors