Become a Patron!

Supreme Court LIMITS obamas appointing power during recess.

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
I suppose that hind sight was 20/20 on this one..

The Supreme Court has limited a president's power to make temporary appointments to fill high-level government jobs.

The court said Thursday that President Obama exceeded his authority when he invoked the Constitution's provision on recess appointments to fill slots on the National Labor Relations Board in 2012.

The justices said in their first-ever consideration of the Constitution's recess appointments clause that Congress gets to decide when it is in recess and that there was no recess when Obama acted. The president said he made the appointments in the face of Republican refusal to allow the NLRB to function.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/26/supreme-court-limits-president-recess-appointment-power/

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for your insight. Now I know who NOT to purchase from. I surely don't want to support an obstructionist, Fox News fan boy!

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your insight. Now I know who NOT to purchase from. I surely don't want to support an obstructionist, Fox News fan boy!

Yes...we certainly wouldn't want to obstruct the Prez from ruling by fiat...after all, the other branches of government were set up merely bow to the Prez and never get in the way of his whims and fancies...they need to just rubber stamp everything he wants....all the checks and balances stuff is for sissies...who do they think they are?...we should just abolish the House and Senate, toss the Justices, and start designing that throne now...geesh!

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course when we get a Rep prez they will be slapping themselves. Now I believe both sides are total BS but Congress was sending a gavel banger in once a week or month (cant remember) just so they could say they were in session. This Govt we have from either side is painfully awful

VU Sponsors