Become a Patron!

Surprised there is so little written about vaping - legal - herbs

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Am I the only one who is surprised that there is so little written about vaping - natural/legal - herbs?

There are many herbs that people consume today - as a natural way to help with various ailments.
I'm surprised to find almost No writing on vaping those.

St. John's Wort has been known for a long time to help some people alleviate depression.
It actually acts in the body in a similar way to some of the synthetic drugs the pharmaceuticals market.
Yet, you can find almost nothing written on vaping it.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because we vape E liquid for the Nic. That would be a whole other industry, one that most of us would not be involved in. Furthermore, you can take SJW in an over the counter pill...why even bother putting it into vape form at this point. Leaves the door open for scumbags to try and milk the vape market, pass. IMO and YMMV.

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The We is a large percentage, but it's not everyone.
There are a ton of people vaping for flavor and enjoyment - without nicotine.

It's also entirely possible that vaping natural herbs would be a superior way to ingest them, as opposed to having to digest them.

We live in a world where pharmaceutical companies exert great control over the quality of people's lives - at costs many can't actually afford.
The world would be a better place if there were other legitimate ways to consume natural things that make one feel and be better.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The We is a large percentage, but it's not everyone.
There are a ton of people vaping for flavor and enjoyment - without nicotine.

It's also entirely possible that vaping natural herbs would be a superior way to ingest them, as opposed to having to digest them.

We live in a world where pharmaceutical companies exert great control over the quality of people's lives - at costs many can't actually afford.
The world would be a better place if there were other legitimate ways to consume natural things that make one feel and be better.
natural herbs are cheap as hell...big pharm has nothing to do with them. Your point is off target. If you want to talk about vaping natural herbs, I suggest you find a forum for that. We here are vaping E liquid....Make some Saint John's Wart E Liquid and get back to us.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one who is surprised that there is so little written about vaping - natural/legal - herbs?

There are many herbs that people consume today - as a natural way to help with various ailments.

St. John's Wort has been known for a long time to help some people alleviate depression.
It actually acts in the body in a similar way to some of the synthetic drugs the pharmaceuticals market.
If you mean vaping as in a 'herbaliser' then it'll still be smoke and give you emphysema. Else if you mean converting it / mixing it with juice to turn into actual vapour the way we vape eLiquid then it's a difficult thing to do. It needs to be crushed into fine powder, boiled with vg and mixed with a few other things but it still doesn't really vapourise. It's too thick. That's why the puff head forums dedicate their discussions to converting herbs to smoke. Herbs are good for you when ingested via the right channel i.e. the digestive system and not through the respiratory system.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another issue is everyone is on some medication or medications it seems like. People on anti psychotics and antidepressants can not use SJW. It can be fatal in some interactions. Herbs such as golden seal and vallarin can also have some pretty nasty effects when combined with these types of meds. Most people do not know this. Someone on welbutrin, Prozac, Zoloft ET... See a vape to help depression and next thing you know they are suicidal or having nasty side effects. At that point the company is liable. There is a lot that could go very wrong. Many herbs will not mix with other types of meds as well, this was just a small example.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
spices i can see.. i do a few of them..
herbals are a bit different.. I wouldnt recommend anyone to do any type of homemade herbal extracts..

the info is out there to do it.. but again.. think before you create a disaster.

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Saint John's wart also basically ruins the effectiveness of birth control

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've made my own extracts before, but never dreamed of vaping them. Bath stuff burning in a oil burner, even wearing some like patchouli. But not vaping.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I found out that's a No No Here. So technically there is 1 rule.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do agree that it is an interesting topic, but even on the legal side it isn't encouraged here. That being said, what you are looking for is aromatherapy. The big difference is that the aromatherapy vaporizers on the market today are generally nothing like what we use for standard e-liquids. The market is starting to embrace the PV market though and there soon will be a lot of cross over, whether it is good or bad is yet to be seen...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you mean vaping as in a 'herbaliser' then it'll still be smoke and give you emphysema. Else if you mean converting it / mixing it with juice to turn into actual vapour the way we vape eLiquid then it's a difficult thing to do. It needs to be crushed into fine powder, boiled with vg and mixed with a few other things but it still doesn't really vapourise. It's too thick. That's why the puff head forums dedicate their discussions to converting herbs to smoke. Herbs are good for you when ingested via the right channel i.e. the digestive system and not through the respiratory system.

Bump post, nice Hobby:):)
Would add, that it borderlines what we allow to be discussed here in the forum .

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do agree that it is an interesting topic, but even on the legal side it isn't encouraged here. That being said, what you are looking for is aromatherapy. The big difference is that the aromatherapy vaporizers on the market today are generally nothing like what we use for standard e-liquids. The market is starting to embrace the PV market though and there soon will be a lot of cross over, whether it is good or bad is yet to be seen...
I'm looking for that new set of Bass strings I put up so they wouldn't get lost. :cool:I follow MY heart. That matters most. :D

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

This is a e-liquid vaping forum, using herbs legal or not is Not what this forum was created to discuss which can very easily turn into drug substances posts that is banned in this forum.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
This is a e-liquid vaping forum, using herbs legal or not is Not what this forum was created to discuss which can very easily turn into drug substances posts that is banned in this forum.

and that is why i am careful. I do not want to give out bad info on making a net, or infusions..
i happen to like it here well enough to share recipes and find info on how to make an even better vape..
herbals are a tough one.. you need to know what you are doing.. and how to do it safe..
there is not enough room here to get into it.. as there are too many ways to make..
there are other sites with tons of info already out.. it just takes reading and figuring out out..
it isnt hard, but this is not the place..

i'd hate for Smokie to ban me :p id miss out on other good things!

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I certainly get never discussing illegal herbs. But I do think it is unfortunate that there is no place to legitimately discuss, in an adult manner, the possible vaping of everyday herbs that people frequently use in their teas: chamomile, etc.

Regardless, I understand it is not welcomed. Please close/delete the thread. Thanks.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I certainly get never discussing illegal herbs. But I do think it is unfortunate that there is no place to legitimately discuss, in an adult manner, the possible vaping of everyday herbs that people frequently use in their teas: chamomile, etc.

Regardless, I understand it is not welcomed. Please close/delete the thread. Thanks.

you can do a search here for my tea extracts.. or my nets.. its only small info, but it will lead you to where you want..
there are other little bits, but for the depth in which you want to discuss, there are other places on the net..

and vu doesnt delete.. some threads just die naturally..

VU Sponsors