Become a Patron!

SvoëMesto Kayfun V5

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rolling impressions to be completed once I take delivery of an actual unit...

wCBE4re.png

General Specifications:

• 22mm Outside Diameter
• Dual Screw Wire Trap Design
• 2 x M2x0.4x? #1 Phillips Cheese Head Screw
• AISI 316L Stainless Steel Tank
• Maximum Capacity = 5ml
• X2CrNiMo17-12-2 Austenitic
• AISI 316L Stainless Steel Deck
• AISI 316L Stainless Steel Drip Tip
• 2 x ??x??BN70 O-rings
• Laser Engraved w/ SvoëMesto Logo
• Heat-Resistant POM-C Tip Insert (Threaded)
• Adjustable Liquid Flow Control
• Product Numbered & Serialized
• 60mm in Height w/o Drip Tip
• Top Fill (Unthread Top Cap)
• Tool-free Disassembly
• Tip Insert | Drip Tip | Top Cap | Fill Port Ring | Tank | Chimney | Deck | 510 Pin
• Airflow Control Ring
• Selectable Single Hole Airflow
• Ø1.8mm | Ø2.2mm | Ø2.7mm | Ø3.2mm
• PEEK Deck Insulator
• Domed Chimney

[ M2 Screws | Threaded Airflow Hole | Protected Wire Path ]
HkUr1J5.png

Positive Impressions:

• Includes replacement screws, O-rings and a spare glass tank.
• Includes a stainless steel tank less the requirement of an additional purchase.
• Number of parts has been reduced to fall in line with mainstream RTAs.

Negative Impressions:

• Not 24mm. Capacity could have been retained while reducing overall system height.

[ Adjustable 510 Positive = Safe to Use with Direct-to-Battery Mods ]
6M9xQgq.png

Included Accessories:
• 1 x Quartz Glass Tank
• Maximum Capacity = 4ml
• 1 x Screws & O-rings Kit
• 1 x Operating Manual

US Release Date: To Be Determined
Europe Release Date: May 16th of 2016

Authorized US Resellers:

Western US
Vapor Source in Pueblo, CO
Heady Glass Gallery in Centennial, CO

Midwestern US
Waldo Vapes in Kansas City, MO
Steam Craft Vapors in Saint Louis, MO
Smoke Smart LLC in St Peters, MO
3D Vapor LLC in East Alton, IL
Hyperion Vapes in Lombard, IL

Southern US
Vapin Art in Miami, FL
Craving Vapor in Austin, TX
The Vapor Project in Austin, TX
Pure Cloud Vapor in Killeen, TX
Pantheon Vape Labs in Denton, TX
Smokin Crow in Crossroads, TX
Vape City Arkansas in Conway, AR
Razor Vapes in North Little Rock, AR
Native Vapors LLC in Little Rock, AR
Razor Vape #3 in Jonesboro, AR
Gaslight Vapor LLC in Gallatin, TN
Nashville Vapor in Nashville, TN

[ Logo Engraved Stainless Steel Drip Tip & Tank ]
IRa7Z8U.png

[/size][/indent]

Last edited:

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't be the only one interested in the KFV5...
Who is in for one (or more) and who is out :) ?

ae7x510.png

Last edited:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in for at least one

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to guess 129.00 usd
Might be way off though

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking near there because of the cost of the 4, but this one is much less complicated and with the way they priced the V3 mini, I think they are going for mid range. For $200 they have to compete with the Cloud One,pico, and hurricane, not a good space to be in for kf

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With all the super tanks on the market, if SvoeMesto prices this setup past $100, I think a lot of people will pass on it. This thing is probably already being cloned. August is coming quick everyone.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like Svoemesto to take something simple that has already been done, over complicate it and then sell it for too much money.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think sub-$150, this will sell quite well. There are lots of kayfun purists and at $120ish it will be put on a lot of high and mods for the people that can't find a cane or pico. The general public and people with no clone fear will go straights for the clone IF they go for it at all

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From what I have heard, will be around $120 and will be released a week after europe.

I have never spent that sort of money on a atty, but with the regs coming, I might do this one, as will want it to last, clones are good and cheap, but they are that - cheap, which before now have not cared, spend $20, throw away and buy another 6 months later, but that may not be the case anymore, so rather pay for something that will last.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For 120 I'm in like Flynn on this

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So it's basically a full sized Kayfun V3 Mini? This is going to be king of 40W and below and MtL vaping for sure, but expect a Tobeco 1:1 three days later provided they don't strategically release it the day before the FDA market freeze.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the clone of the V3 mini...excellent little MTL, with very respectable flavor. It cost $13.99. 316 SS. Perfect on function and machining. No logo (thank goodness). Works flawlessly. No leaks. So easy to fill.

From what I can see, this V5 is just a larger version of the very well designed V3.
This has:
Improved AFC (more options). The big drawback of the V3 mini
Better coil mounting system as well.

I just can't spend the bucks for the authentic.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder who can put a group buy together....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm down whenever they do

3.2mm airflow? this will be the single coil tank ive wanted for tc.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
One 3.2mm airflow (at largest) leads to it not even mattering how big they make those outside slots, 3.2mm's of airflow is the best you're gonna get. I find that to PERSONALLY, keyword, to be very limiting. ALTHOUGH, if you like TIGHT lung inhales or mouth to lung inhales, this tank will probably be king motherfucker as SvoeMesto is a baller at designing his shit and making sure it's made to exact specification. Cannot say the same for the $15 Tobeco clones most people use then proceed to bitch about how bad their Kayfun is.

I wouldn't get TOO excited seeing those slots, as having only one 3.2mm airflow (at largest) for intake is going to severely limit the amount of air coming in. So, expect a TIGHT lung inhale at best, but a relaxing MtL inhale if that's your thing.

Like I said, 40W and below, for those 'tootle' puffers, this RTA will probably be king. I don't know if it can beat the Hurricane or the Pico, but I'm betting it will.

EDIT:

I just closed my Boreas down like 92% of the way to simulate a 3mmish draw. I hit it at 162W with success but and OVERWHELMING throat hit that had me coughing like I just smoked a whole pack of unfiltered 1920's Pall Malls at once. So evidently, to some certain badass who likes high wattage and low air, this in theory could bust out the high wattage. Results may vary.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
If it's gonna be anything like the V4, SM will likely release a spring and 510 pin or something of the like to accommodate for TC users. Don't see why it wouldn't be able to do it as-is though, seems like it could make a fairly stable point of connection and keep it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That adjustable 510 will likely not be ideal for TC vaping unfortunately.
when screwed all the way they do fine for me, at least they have so far.
either way, I'm still getting one.
it screws directly into the next contact point, I don't see where that makes a week connection.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The kayfun has always been a flavor chasers atty, not a cloud chasers, and a cloud chaser isn't likely going to look at single coil atty. Only real PITA with kayfuns have been the airflow, and they have addressed it in the kayfun 5.

I have 6 kayfun mini v3 clones, and they vape great, but orings suck on them, and a few of them leak probably due to the orings, their is connection problems at times, so yes I am looking at getting the authentic kayfun v5, no clone this time, guess svoemestro can thank the FDA for me not buying a clone this time, as I want something that will last this time.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The kayfun has always been a flavor chasers atty, not a cloud chasers, and a cloud chaser isn't likely going to look at single coil atty. Only real PITA with kayfuns have been the airflow, and they have addressed it in the kayfun 5.

I have 6 kayfun mini v3 clones, and they vape great, but orings suck on them, and a few of them leak probably due to the orings, their is connection problems at times, so yes I am looking at getting the authentic kayfun v5, no clone this time, guess svoemestro can thank the FDA for me not buying a clone this time, as I want something that will last this time.
damn skippy! I vape both volume and flavor... all of my authentic kayfuns, including the 2 year old kfl still vape like the day they came out the box.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I acknowledge the KF4 was an extremely well built atomizer, I think the simplicity of the KF3M made for a much better vape. That said, the KF5 will definitely be a big win IMO.

The only drawback with the KF5 I see is the height, its actually going to be longer than the Squape R which is already considered one of the tallest RTA's on market, excluding the Big Germans and VG's of course. As for longevity, you might want to stock up on replacement glass ;)

Regarding the clones, all the KF4 clones I've seen fell short with a few exceptions b/c the tolerances have to be near perfect, so its not a surprise that people were constantly complaining about inconsistent JFC, conductivity and parts getting stuck together. The KF5 will be more forgiving to copy since the design is very simple; however, the type of SS being used, as well as how well the threads in the post terminals are going to be pitched will be interesting to see.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's gonna be anything like the V4, SM will likely release a spring and 510 pin or something of the like to accommodate for TC users. Don't see why it wouldn't be able to do it as-is though, seems like it could make a fairly stable point of connection and keep it.
The V4 isn't really stable for temperature control, at least that's what Phil Busardo told me and I witnessed it in several of his videos.

Not that it can't be used, just not one of the better options.

The original KFL is awesome in TC, I use mine all the time.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when screwed all the way they do fine for me, at least they have so far.
either way, I'm still getting one.
it screws directly into the next contact point, I don't see where that makes a week connection.
I'm sure it will do okay, but when on a spring loaded 510 you definitely get a bit of ohm drift as you bang a device around. Such as setting it down too hard.

I like the type of pin that has two screws, one on the inside that you back out then the actual 510 screws up against this for a solid connection. I can't remember what atomizer has this type.

I still want one as well.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sure it will do okay, but when on a spring loaded 510 you definitely get a bit of ohm drift as you bang a device around. Such as setting it down too hard.

I like the type of pin that has two screws, one on the inside that you back out then the actual 510 screws up against this for a solid connection. I can't remember what atomizer has this type.

I still want one as well.

the v4 sucks completely for tc. Ive used all the upgrade springs included the steam turners thing.. its just to much static.
stattqualm has the same issue with the ematel crap.

my hurricane and taifun both have an adjustable 510 and I keep them screwed in tight. neither have ever given me an issue at all.

Last edited:

dems86

Member For 4 Years
Snagged a couple from InTaste when they went up a couple hours ago...anyone else manage to grab one?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
intaste has them?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't see them in stock there or cremedevape.

I'm getting one as soon as I see them available anyplace

dems86

Member For 4 Years
I don't see them in stock there or cremedevape.

I'm getting one as soon as I see them available anyplace
They went out of stock at InTaste in about an hour...got the in stock email notification around 3PM PST

Creme de Vape hadn't received their order yet, so they haven't gone up for sale on site yet...make sure you sign up for stock notifications ;)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They went out of stock at InTaste in about an hour...got the in stock email notification around 3PM PST

Creme de Vape hadn't received their order yet, so they haven't gone up for sale on site yet...make sure you sign up for stock notifications ;)

I did .....

dems86

Member For 4 Years
I did .....
Well then you should receive an email when they go up on CDV

Had you signed up for notifications from InTaste before today? If so you should have received a stock notification from them earlier...maybe it got pushed to spam folder?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no I hadn't signed up for intaste, I couldn't remember the name of the place.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't see how you sign up for CDV's notifications.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
click notify me under the launching soon
2016-05-15 (3).png

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The V4 isn't really stable for temperature control, at least that's what Phil Busardo told me and I witnessed it in several of his videos.

Not that it can't be used, just not one of the better options.

The original KFL is awesome in TC, I use mine all the time.

I don't trust him just because he can use an O-scope. Anyone can, he uses widely available, easily operated equipment for his tests and everyone treats him like a genius of technology.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It didn't show up on my tablet. I'll look again.

I've bought from them in the past, and remember being notified.
so do I.... I'ce bought from them several times when they were cloud9

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
son of the bitch,..... both sold out in less than 20 minutes.

guess I'm waiting for a us vendor. - this is horsedoodoo

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't trust him just because he can use an O-scope. Anyone can, he uses widely available, easily operated equipment for his tests and everyone treats him like a genius of technology.
Nope, they just treat him as one of the very few providing that info. He's always said to take what you like and ignore the rest from his reviews.

Last edited:

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think he's a genius at all, matter of fact I know he doesn't know how to properly use some devices (Wrecker G2 is an example). I watch his videos strictly for the numbers on devices and to see the deck on atomizers up close, not for his opinion.

He is a huge Kayfun v4 fan and wouldn't say it isn't great for temperature control unless it was true. It is a fairly well known fact AFAIK.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How come, where from?

Think I'll be waiting a while, they are selling out so fast when stocked.
I know dude.. 20 minutes at cremedevape earlier.
I go the email and by the time I could get across the facility at work to my desk... ---GONE!
I puled some strings through a friends shop- it has to go through oompa loompa but it was the best I could do.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know dude.. 20 minutes at cremedevape earlier.
I go the email and by the time I could get across the facility at work to my desk... ---GONE!
I puled some strings through a friends shop- it has to go through oompa loompa but it was the best I could do.

Well guess you can tell me how good it is, before I put the money down :)

VU Sponsors