Become a Patron!

SvoeMesto KAYFUN V4! Anxiously Awating!

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never owned a Kayfun style atomizer, and I briefly flirted with the idea of picking up something like the Fogger, or Billow, or Orchid, but after this got announced and the information started trickling out, I've becine very entranced with it. I wish I had the money to pony up for it because I definitely would immediately.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if the p3s were at or under $200 i wouldve already bought one, but at the same time ill be using this and my vaporshark for a long time the way i look at it

im gonna get just the basic titanium one when i do. since my shark is black they would make a nice pair with some tanks, i think the brushed looks best anyway and its the cheapest

Exactly! I would have bought one too... and i think thousands of other people would have.. they have lost a lot of business because of the price point.. especially with the tech still not being anything mind blowing.. I mean I don't know if I would need more than 30 watts.. but it would be nice to have the option anyways..

I was going to buy the new rDNA but with the board issues that everyone is having I'm going to hold off and see when the V2 comes out.. Its between that.. the new Smok 50watt and the thindaddy ipv3 from vapordna.. I'm torn right now lol.. too many options :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never owned a Kayfun style atomizer, and I briefly flirted with the idea of picking up something like the Fogger, or Billow, or Orchid, but after this got announced and the information started trickling out, I've becine very entranced with it. I wish I had the money to pony up for it because I definitely would immediately.

You can get a KF clone and a Orchid for like 60$ - they both would be totally worth the money.. I really liked the Taifun GT too but I lost a piece of it so i haven't ordered another one..

I haven't tried the Orchid but i hear the flavor is even better than the KF (just don't know if I really need the dual coils, i already blow through juice fast enough with a single coil KF build, and the capacity on the orchids are pretty small compared to the KF's)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Exactly! I would have bought one too... and i think thousands of other people would have.. they have lost a lot of business because of the price point.. especially with the tech still not being anything mind blowing.. I mean I don't know if I would need more than 30 watts.. but it would be nice to have the option anyways..

I was going to buy the new rDNA but with the board issues that everyone is having I'm going to hold off and see when the V2 comes out.. Its between that.. the new Smok 50watt and the thindaddy ipv3 from vapordna.. I'm torn right now lol.. too many options :)
some of the issues are worse than others. for me its just the battery indicator and it glitched on me a few times, they said they would replace it but im just enjoying it for now. i like smaller vapes if i were to get the p3 id probably run it in 18500 mode just to have that size, keep a spare in the car. the size and build quality is why i got the shark

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can get a KF clone and a Orchid for like 60$ - they both would be totally worth the money.. I really liked the Taifun GT too but I lost a piece of it so i haven't ordered another one..

I haven't tried the Orchid but i hear the flavor is even better than the KF (just don't know if I really need the dual coils, i already blow through juice fast enough with a single coil KF build, and the capacity on the orchids are pretty small compared to the KF's)
Yeah I've definitely thought about the Kayfun clones, but all I've seen are a lot of people shit talking the clones when it comes to it leaking ("that wouldn't have happened on an authentic..."), but whether that holds any water is beyond me, it clearly left an impression on me though.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I've definitely thought about the Kayfun clones, but all I've seen are a lot of people shit talking the clones when it comes to it leaking ("that wouldn't have happened on an authentic..."), but whether that holds any water is beyond me, it clearly left an impression on me though.
not all clones are created equally. maybe the leaking is happening in some fast tech crap. my clone from sxk has never leaked and im sure the ehpro clones never leak either. kayfun lite plus v2 by sxk or ehpro is what you want. people that trash talk clones especially attys dont know how to buy clones

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I have 3 of the KF black edition clones form Artemus and I NEVER have leaking issues.. I've had them for well over 6 mo's.. the only thing that leaks occasionly is the fill hole on the bottom if the oring starts to wear out - but this is a given when you are using juice with anything.. or it leaks from overfilling it.. I think you will be very happy once you get it.. and plus a lot of the clones are on their 3rd/ 4th versions so most of the problems have been addressed...

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not all clones are created equally. maybe the leaking is happening in some fast tech crap. my clone from sxk has never leaked and im sure the ehpro clones never leak either. kayfun lite plus v2 by sxk or ehpro is what you want. people that trash talk clones especially attys dont know how to buy clones

perfectly stated! I had the EHPRO v1 that I sold to a buddy and hes never had leaking issues with it either..

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A good rule of thumb that was imparted on to me was "Always buy Infinite/SXK if you can", and there are exceptions of course but their track record can't be beaten I believe. I'll definitely be looking into my options now then, thanks to the both of you.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Ehpro Kayfun 3.1 is a really nice piece. No leaks unless you do something wrong. For a mouth to lung hitter, a single coil kayfun is perfect for me. Dual coils and lung hitting is what my dripper is for.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$180 and immediately sold out, of course! Wasn't paying attention yesterday:(

I'm certainly gonna buy one because im a hopeless addict. I have every authentic kayfun version, and i liked the kfl v2 so much i had to buy 3 and i use two of them as drippers with conversion kits from SOV and turner and Boyle. Ive bought pretty much every custom tank and cap i can find too. Im hopeless.

Ive definitely seen some shitty kf clones, but i have a couple clones, the most expensive ones fasttech sells (the one that comes with full and nano tanks and caps) and i gotta say its next to impossible to tell them apart. They function extremely well.

So my thoughts on the v4 is that it pretty much seems to be just a cooler looking squape reloaded, right? Tooless top fill, can take the deck out without draining, etc. The squape even has a non conductive deck so isolators are unnecessary.

Still going to get one though, told ya im hopeless...

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As Todd's and P. Busardo's reviews point out, the vape of the V4 is very Kayfun-like. No surprises. Improvements boil down to better air flow and the addition of a juice valve, which may or may not be a benefit depending on how you store or pocket your rig.

The thing for me is that it's coming a bit late. I've already moved my KFLs into retirement, primarily because of limited air flow even when drilled out. At $30-$40 the Lemo solves that problem for many, particularly those who must have a glass tank. At less than $15 the Erlkonigin clone has solved the problem for me. I do have to drill it out a bit, but the result is satisfying lung hits when desired, and otherwise very Kayfun-like goodness. For stealth rigs, the Lemo drop is coming and the Erl mini clone is already here. An added benefit of both, in either size, is lighter weight. The V4 is going to be very heavy by comparison. That's a positive for some, but for me a big negative. I'm quite certain I would not choose the V4 for carrying in my shirt pocket.

So I want to try a decent clone, but there's certainly no rush. What's going in my cart today is a couple of Erlkonigin minis to add to my big one. The big one is already very pocketable because of its light weight. The little one will be even more so. :)

VU Sponsors