Become a Patron!

Swallowing e-liquid.

Is it possible to have swallowed e-liquid without realizing it? There was a point where i have gotten juice on my tongue and lips, but i had to mess around with different builds, wicks, and drip tips to prevent spitback. Recently sometimes when i vape i feel like i get juice slightly in my throat, i think its the sweetness of the vape, but when i go to clear my throat after vaping sometimes, i taste a lot of sweetness, and i cant tell if its juice or the potency of the flavor.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU, You may have, a minute amount, I have done the same at some point or other, its not uncommon.

Thanks for the reply! Is it something i should worry about ? If so is there any way to prevent or lessen the problem? Spite of what i've already done to do so?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't imagine you'd be getting milliliters of juice at a time. Most of us have been in that position, I wouldn't be overly concerned. If you're having issues with the tank, I'd look into what might be the cause.

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll often lick drops I spill on my finger. Not sure why you are concerned about it. It's in your lungs already.

Higher nic levels can give you an upset stomach if you swallow too much. Probably not a good idea to do shots of the stuff, but otherwise not a problem IMO.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to wipe it off the side of my rta or rda I often lick it off my finger. My juice doesn't taste bad and is low nic so no big deal, at least to me.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the input guys, btw, is yougotejuice a trusted supplier?
I did a review for YouGotEJuice, pretty good company. Prices are really Nice, and I Recommend them :)

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mostly pops from coils is what I get, I prefer larger wire and this can get quite spitty. I started wrapping a smaller diameter (2) and this alleviated most of the spitback. I do like minimal popping though because for me it lets the flavor really complete my inhale. Could try a slanted bore tip also, this catches alot of spitback (like the slanted tip that comes with the Tsunami).

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll often lick drops I spill on my finger. Not sure why you are concerned about it. It's in your lungs already.

Higher nic levels can give you an upset stomach if you swallow too much. Probably not a good idea to do shots of the stuff, but otherwise not a problem IMO.
agreed completely. I'll sometimes get heartburn from too much of it, but as long as youre not drinking the stuff

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's common to get a little juice in your mouth. Flooded tank, over-dripping, etc may be some factors, but also sucking in too fast too hard to try to blow a cloud will too; like sucking the chrome off of a Harley. I wouldn't suggest that tho.

BackWoodz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree it is pretty common. There are so many new vaping products and mods coming out that a lot of the issue comes with learning and getting a feel for the product you are using. You can iron lung your set up and it works great but try it on friends mod and get a numb tongue I vape 12% -18% nicotine and it has happened plenty of times. I haven't had any concerns with it other than the taste.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it really is common to get a little in your mouth now and then; if it's just a little spitback, I take a drink of my current beverage and it's gone; at 4mg, I don't think a few drops will hurt me. When I've actually sucked a fair amount into my mouth, I usually run and spit it out and rinse out my mouth, because that shit BURNS! From the nicotine, but also, I put a pretty fair amount of Flash in my mixes, for TH, and that's made from the stuff that makes black pepper zingy. :D

Sometimes a coil will misbehave for no apparent reason -- I've been building pretty much the same coil for over 2 yrs, and just recently I had one that delivered juice into my mouth with nearly every draw. I tried several re-wickings, but it wasn't until I finally just replaced that coil with another one made just like it, that the problem stopped. No idea why that one coil was so obstreperous, but who knows. *shrug*

But my RDA delivers such strong, saturated flavor, when I first got it, I could have sworn I was getting juice in my mouth, the flavor was that intense. And even now that I've used it for over a year and am very used to it, I get that flavor-film in my mouth and throat sometimes, and it's kinda icky. I usually drink some water, and maybe switch to a slightly less sweet flavor for a while. Or make my current with less sweetener.

Andria

VU Sponsors