Become a Patron!

Swedish vapor potbelly

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
Hi all. Just a few pics of my latest creation. I' annoyed with myself here because it' not as neat as I planned. Mainly because I got a little over enthusiastic and accidentally ripped the pot leads from the board.

The board in question is the potbelly by Swedish vapers uk. I emailed them before hand asking about switching out the type 93 for an rm065 Pot. They were helpful and quick at replying and Joel there was awesome. It arrived with a type 93 pot attached with wires which was ideal (these boards usually come with the pot mounted to the board itself) but as it turns out I didn't use the RM065 and went with the type 93 that it came with.

Now I'd like to add that I was heavily medicated at the time due to a thought injury. I thought I was still 18 when I lifted 2 25kg sacks of cat litter and when 1 started to slip it pulled me down and twisted me en route. The resulting back pain was being kept at bay by vast amounts of prescription pain meds at the time so I'm mildly annoyed with my work but it' my own fault so anyways. Here's a few pics.

The board itself is tiny! I love it. It comes with the wires you see in the pics already attached. Which was new for me and tbh previously I've soldered to the board in situ but this was in reverse for me. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting considering space was an issue on this 3s and the whole thing took about 3 hours.

It was a lot neater but as I'd wrapped the board in heatshrink I hadn' seen the damage I'd done to the pot connections. So I removed the wrap, soldered the connections back up, put it back in and realised I didn' have the room to get it and rewrap it so it' staying as is.

I'm also liking the fire button on top. I think next time I do this I'll change up the pot or get a bezel for the type 93. It gives a nice little buzz when firing as well. A cracking board and for the price (£18 or about $24) it's awesome. Admittedly it doesn't have features like on/off or memory like a big als board but I couldve easily added a switch for that if I had so desired. Also being about 1/3 the size the space saving is worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_223312.jpg
    IMG_20180906_223312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180906_223235.jpg
    IMG_20180906_223235.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180906_223139.jpg
    IMG_20180906_223139.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180907_160331.jpg
    IMG_20180907_160331.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180907_160257.jpg
    IMG_20180907_160257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180907_160212.jpg
    IMG_20180907_160212.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great work mate ...you know eventually it would be great if you put some guides together starting from beginner up for people like me always wanted to build my own mod ...never have though,

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
There's a guy who just posted in here asking for a from scratch guide so I said to him to PM me. Im still a noob but ill happily share my experience. my next one I will document from the start, Marking out, driling etc.

And give it a go mate. Im hooked. I wouldn't mind getting to the point I could sell a couple although that's miles off yet.

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
Also I forgot to add, the case is a wideboy 100, a 12mm domed clicky switch, and a fat daddy 510. All from modmaker uk. The battery sled is an SUS 3s from Sledz uk. :)

Hi all, yeah I aim for my boards to be easy to use, simple to make work. I found that supplying them prewired helps people know what goes where and makes for a quick build.
Glad to see you had a good experience using it!

Hi all. Just a few pics of my latest creation. I' annoyed with myself here because it' not as neat as I planned. Mainly because I got a little over enthusiastic and accidentally ripped the pot leads from the board.

The board in question is the potbelly by Swedish vapers uk. I emailed them before hand asking about switching out the type 93 for an rm065 Pot. They were helpful and quick at replying and Joel there was awesome. It arrived with a type 93 pot attached with wires which was ideal (these boards usually come with the pot mounted to the board itself) but as it turns out I didn't use the RM065 and went with the type 93 that it came with.

Now I'd like to add that I was heavily medicated at the time due to a thought injury. I thought I was still 18 when I lifted 2 25kg sacks of cat litter and when 1 started to slip it pulled me down and twisted me en route. The resulting back pain was being kept at bay by vast amounts of prescription pain meds at the time so I'm mildly annoyed with my work but it' my own fault so anyways. Here's a few pics.

The board itself is tiny! I love it. It comes with the wires you see in the pics already attached. Which was new for me and tbh previously I've soldered to the board in situ but this was in reverse for me. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting considering space was an issue on this 3s and the whole thing took about 3 hours.

It was a lot neater but as I'd wrapped the board in heatshrink I hadn' seen the damage I'd done to the pot connections. So I removed the wrap, soldered the connections back up, put it back in and realised I didn' have the room to get it and rewrap it so it' staying as is.

I'm also liking the fire button on top. I think next time I do this I'll change up the pot or get a bezel for the type 93. It gives a nice little buzz when firing as well. A cracking board and for the price (£18 or about $24) it's awesome. Admittedly it doesn't have features like on/off or memory like a big als board but I couldve easily added a switch for that if I had so desired. Also being about 1/3 the size the space saving is worth it.

VU Sponsors