Become a Patron!

Sweet Sophia

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't buy too many commercial juices, but occasionally I like to get out & see what's new & exciting at a B&M. A couple of years ago I came across Sophia, a nice, creamy, kind of tropical fruit vape made by Pin Up Vapors. I really liked how light & sweet it was, but God was it a coil killer! I've messed around for about a year trying different versions of not only my own but even a couple of recipes by others to replicate it, but every time it was spot-on, I was back to gunking coils. I finally took the one I liked most & just reduced the overall percentages (yeah I know, that doesn't sound like me!) until I had a happy medium. This is the result (V6, I believe) and I'm going to keep this one around!

1% FA Coconut
6% FW Key Lime (Natural)
2% TFA Marshmallow
2% FA Pineapple
2% TFA Sweet Cream
2% TFA Whipped Cream

This mix likes a 10-14 day steep if possible. It really makes a difference!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't buy too many commercial juices, but occasionally I like to get out & see what's new & exciting at a B&M. A couple of years ago I came across Sophia, a nice, creamy, kind of tropical fruit vape made by Pin Up Vapors. I really liked how light & sweet it was, but God was it a coil killer! I've messed around for about a year trying different versions of not only my own but even a couple of recipes by others to replicate it, but every time it was spot-on, I was back to gunking coils. I finally took the one I liked most & just reduced the overall percentages (yeah I know, that doesn't sound like me!) until I had a happy medium. This is the result (V6, I believe) and I'm going to keep this one around!

1% FA Coconut
5.5% TFA Key Lime
2% TFA Marshmallow
2% FA Pineapple
2% TFA Sweet Cream
2% TFA Whipped Cream
Yum yum yum imma gonna make this! Thank you!

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tfa key lime is old and I believe bad. I wonder if Fa key lime would sub in? Probably not since it is the main note.
If I was subbing FA in for the TFA, I'd probably be at about 2-2.5% on this recipe with it. It won't be the same (I like TFA KL better), but it may be ok, too. If you choose to do it, let me know what you think of it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

1% FA Coconut
5.5% TFA Key Lime
2% TFA Marshmallow
2% FA Pineapple
2% TFA Sweet Cream
2% TFA Whipped Cream

This mix likes a 10-14 day steep if possible. It really makes a difference!

Normally I'm not a huge fan of tropical vapes, but this one sounds really good. If I mixed it now, I'd have to make a bunch of subs, and with my money situation like it is, that's the only way it will get mixed any time soon. I might try it, though. Only thing is, the pineapple I have (TFA Juicy Pineapple) gets in my coils and WILL NOT LEAVE. I pretty much have to toss the coil if I vape a pineapple juice in it and then want to switch to anything else. Maybe if I put a tank of Big Red through it...

Wonder how it would be with lemon and/or orange in place of the pineapple?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Normally I'm not a huge fan of tropical vapes, but this one sounds really good. If I mixed it now, I'd have to make a bunch of subs, and with my money situation like it is, that's the only way it will get mixed any time soon.

I'm with you. I'd have to make a bunch of subs as well. Of all the stuff I've ordered in the last month or so, I still don't have key lime of any kind. All I've got is cold pressed FA lime. I can make the recipe...it just won't be what Howard designed. I may try it anyway. It might still be good, but different.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Normally I'm not a huge fan of tropical vapes, but this one sounds really good. If I mixed it now, I'd have to make a bunch of subs, and with my money situation like it is, that's the only way it will get mixed any time soon. I might try it, though. Only thing is, the pineapple I have (TFA Juicy Pineapple) gets in my coils and WILL NOT LEAVE. I pretty much have to toss the coil if I vape a pineapple juice in it and then want to switch to anything else. Maybe if I put a tank of Big Red through it...

The TFA Pineapple is my least favorite of the 4 I have. CAP & FA are my favorites, followed by INW & then finally the TFA, which I will probably have to use up somewhere before never reordering it. As for the lemon or orange subs, I wouldn't have a clue. Maybe if you visit a B&M that sells Pin Up Vapors they would let you try Sophia. At least then you'd know whether you liked it enough to order the better pineapples.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Any variations of orange works well with lime for me.

VU Sponsors