Become a Patron!

sweetener, what's the best choice? and

UsernameUnkown

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vg and pg which is thicker? I alway thought pg was the thicker. And can one mix with out pg if they are willing to wait?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vg and pg which is thicker? I alway thought pg was the thicker. And can one mix with out pg if they are willing to wait?

I’m still in the dabbling phase of mixing my own juice, but I can say with 100% certainty that VG is the thicker of the two and that many people-either due to an allergy to PG, wanting bigger clouds, or wanting to minimize the “throat hit”-mix with no PG whatsoever. Also, just in case you see it on the labels of premium liquids, “Max VG” does not necessarily mean the mix is 100/0, I’ve seen ratios that are 70/30, 75/25, 80/20, and 85/15 all marketed as “Max VG” juice.
I’m still new to this, so, I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “willing to wait” because of lack of PG in the mix...I know that steeping a juice is something you have to wait for, but can’t say that I’ve heard of having to wait for a juice because it’s 100% VG. As for a sweetener, the only one I have/used is called “Super Sweet” by Capella Flavors...I’m sure some of the mixologists we have around here have better info and can recommend other products...just throwing my 2 cents out there

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've always liked Stevia extract, easily available from most diy sites....not a coil gunker, and for me, 3 drops per 30 ml gives me a nice sweetness. Very concentrated, a little goes a long long way.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I don't really use sweetener, but I'd say the best choice is flavors that have sweetness with them, like FA marshmallow, FA pear, TFA juicy pineapple, etc. VG is thicker, you can mix without any PG (not counting flavors) but that depends on your vaping preference really.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always liked Stevia extract, easily available from most diy sites....not a coil gunker, and for me, 3 drops per 30 ml gives me a nice sweetness. Very concentrated, a little goes a long long way.
Yep I use NuNaturals Clear NuStevia liquid. I get it at my local GNC store but it is available on Amazon and other places.
Been using it for over 2 1/2 years.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vg and pg which is thicker?

VG as others have stated is thicker than PG and while you can mix with 100% VG is it just a touch to thick for me and I only vape Max or High VG e-Liquids. Some say you can use distilled water but I personally do not want to vape water. Even if you use VGD or VG Dominant flavors many still contain PG in the flavorings. The only thing is over around 80% VG it is hard to dispense but not impossible. Good Luck in your DIY adventure

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really use sweetener, but I'd say the best choice is flavors that have sweetness with them, like FA marshmallow, FA pear, TFA juicy pineapple, etc. VG is thicker, you can mix without any PG (not counting flavors) but that depends on your vaping preference really.
And your atomizer. some atomizers will not wick properly with all VG mix and some will flood with too much PG.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have vaped 100% VG 48MG Nicotine base in a Nautilus Mini for a test to prove a point. Sill here to talk about although it did pack one heck of a head rush! Also no problem with it wicking. Maybe back in the days of Egos and Clearamizers it was a problem.

VU Sponsors