Sweetener?

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've ordered my first DIY ingredients and should be getting them soon. I didn't order any sweetener.

So now I'm wondering, what does everybody use? Can I source something locally?

TIA,

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like to use flavourart meringue, marhmallow, honey and tfa sweet and tart. I have just ordered some ethyl maltol and sucralose to test.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My sweetener is usually sucralose. It works well. Some say it mutes flavors, but I haven't had a problem with it.

EM isn't exactly sweet, as it kind of adds the perception of sweet. IMO, it DOES tone down flavors a little bit, but not much.

Like @chickenmonkey says, FA meringue, marshmallow, honey, and additionally TFA Brown Sugar Extra also add sweetness.

Edit: I use sucralose at 1 drop per 6-8ml.

HarleyBarbie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've used liquid Stevia, Skinny Girl (Splenda) liquid sweetener... They say that they both have an aftertaste, but I didn't notice it...

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I would have gotten back sooner but a storm led to computer problems.
I'm looking at recipes and kicking my own around in my head. I'm hoping my goodies will arrive by the weekend.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You may not need to use it - the only things I ever use for sweetening are FAs meringue, honey, or marshmallow.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped using sucralose because one of my friends is allergic to it. If I vape anything with sucralose in it anywhere near her, her face turns all pink... Poor thing looks like she is going to have heat stroke or something...

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I may not need it. But I thought I would ask.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got my sweeteners in and I am really liking the ethyl maltol crystals mixed 1/4tsp to 10ml PG. The sucralose is more a straight up sweetener like you would expect but the EM really interacts with the flavors and can give you options that you don't have with straight flavors and sweetener. I know some people describe it as not really being a sweetener but it has added a lot of sweetness to the things I have mixed it with.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I also prefer to use:
FA Meringue
TFA Marshmallow
TFA Sweet Cream
TFA Brown Sugar Extra

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years