Become a Patron!

Switch-Mods: Anyone have experience with them?

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in the market for an inexpensive tube mech. I'm not interested in copper, or anything polished. Lazy vaper here... I'm also a sucker for anything gun metal and anything orange. Switch-Mods has a decent looking hybrid for $80.00 or with a matching simple 3post atty for $100.00. I don't want or need the atty, but for some reason the gun metal is available mod only while the orange is apparently only sold as a set with the RDA.

There's no contact number, and I've tried the imbedded "contact us" form on the site twice to ask if it would be possible to pick up the orange mod only. I haven't received any response, which worries me some.

It's not a very expensive piece, I know, but I'm still curious if anyone has experience with Switch-Mods, either as a company or even just with the hardware itself.

Below are the options I'm waffling between. Your thoughts are appreciated.

50458455214860bddc4afa2853ba8225.jpg

ebbc86f8275a5a173984dddb1c26b1cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they can't be bothered to answer your pre-purchase inquiry, just think how they'll handle any issues you might encounter should you decide to buy from them... assuming they ship the items to begin with.

...and why a tube mech in 2016?

Almost every single regulated 18650 mod currently on the market will not only outperform it, but do so much more safely.. . Because shit happens.

because many of us still enjoy the vape from a mechanical mod. almost every single 18650 regulated mod out there right now has lowest build range around .15, .1 if you lucky. then you have to jack wattage up, and battery drains faster. or build higher, but that's not optimum for many of us builders out there. I am currently in an issue with switch, bought a brass v2 a week ago today, they were very responsive previous to purchase, in 7 days no reaponse, not even a shipping confirmation. starting to get worried, that's for sure

MattyTny

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you feel about clone models? I would only recommend a quality clone company like Infinite/SXK or Hcigar.

I'm not too savvy with the newer mechanical devices, but I know that there are a few very well made clone models that were highly recommended in the past. Two of which are the Stingray X and King V2, both of which are manufactured by SXK. The reason why I recommend such an old device is that they can be found at a very inexpensive price and still perform very well.

A quick search found the King V2 from a US retailer for about $20. I believe there is a copper model too.
http://www.vaperoyalty.com/infinite-king-v2-mod-satin-stainless/

I own an SXK Stingray X and it is one of my favorite mechanical devices even though it is very outdated. Great conductivity, threads, and a fluid switch when kept clean.

VU Sponsors