Become a Patron!

Switching from Hookah to Vaping and need help with a build

I only smoke Hookah to do smoke tricks and it relaxs me a little bit. Anyway my buddy got a mod that was $100 total and blows clouds 3x the size of my Hookah and parts that I spent much more money on.

Since smoke tricks are my only goal I'm looking for cloud volume, prices between $150-$200, no drip tips, and flavor doesn't matter.

Like I said I just really enjoy my smoke tricks and with the thicker smoke it would help my nose rings come out better, better smoke rings in general I guess, and a better dragon for sure.

Let me know the ideal build with the listed things I'd like (all parts together = $150-$200 not including juice)

The Hookah

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-02-00-40-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-00-40-41.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-00-40-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-00-40-41.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2015-06-01-14-22-31.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-01-14-22-31.png
    909.7 KB · Views: 35

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the cloud volume will depend on a variety of factors incl. what ohm you build the coil at and what watts you run it at, the style of coil you build (twisted, clapton, number of coils, horizontal, vertical, etc), how you wick it, airflow of your atomizer, ratio of VG to PG in liquid, etc. Edit to add - make sure your batteries can handle the watts and ohms you're using. Overstressing a battery can result in injury

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards subohm, but no less than 0.7,0.8 . And I know they have special batteries that can drain quickly.

Just need to know the best parts for my budget

I would suggest you go with a device like the Smok M80 and the Joyetech Delta II subtank system. You would have the option to use either a 0.5ohm or a 1.0 ohm coil and the 80 Watt box mod would give you plenty of power. The Delta II also lets you build your own coils (which would let you build to about 0.7 ohms once you get good at building coils) but you need to purchase the RBA deck for the Delta II separately. Smok M80 is nice because it passthrough charges, has a 4400 mAh internal (non removable battery). No fuss, and huge clouds.

Okay so a good friend of mine who likes to blow some clouds told me to go with a Sigelei 100W Plus, Aspire Atlantis 2.0, and a pair of 18650 batteries with dual charger. This is what he uses and his clouds are great.

Any objections to said build?

vapelife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If Ur only going for smoke tricks I wouldn't suggest any subtank unless u want that next big trick to be hacking Ur lungs up I don't know of any subtank that when u put to much power to and by too much I mean as low as 30w u wont get a dry hit and those suck soooo bad if Ur going for major clouds and don't want a day ruining dry hit I suggest any number of four post big air flow rda dripper I see u said no drip in Ur comment but drippers are the best way imo to avoid the chest caving dry cotton hits...plume vail, troll, or any number of other hard hitting rda's

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Dustin_Hyatt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you are looking for a subohm tank that can handle high wattage but has large juice holes so you dont end up with a lot of dry hits I have a Horizon Arctic. It has .2 and .5 ohm and can handle 80w but some has gone as high as 100w. Good flavor and clouds. Its not rebuildable though. You can find it online for $20-30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For a mod I would go with the segeli 150 and a good rda my favorite right now is the el cabron its a 3 post and uses hex head grommet screws.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a big Sigelei fan - Sig 150 can be had for abou $80, in the same range as the 100+ - I use the original 100 and love it.

For ease in building, try simple dual coils of 26g or 24g wire on a 4-post RDA like the Mutation X (v2, v3, v4 - all good).

Use 0 nicotine liquid - if you're not addicted to the drug don't bother messing with it - more likely to make you sick than give you a buzz.

Most important: use good batteries and a good charger - Samsung 25R and LG HE2 or HE4 are the gold standard these days. Others are either weak or likely counterfeit. In order of perceived quality, the only 3 acceptable chargers are Xtar, Efest LUC (don't trust their batteries, the LUC chargers are actually made by Xtar), and Nitecore (Digicharger or Intellicharger series).

Feel free to post up or PM me for more info, and good luck!

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OBDave why not the efest batteries if there is something wrong with them I would definitely like to know because that is what I use thanks in advance

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe its because the Sam's and LG's out perform the Efest's, I use the LG's

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only use them because they have a high amp the 18650 efest that I use is 38amp and pulse amp of 60

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Efest is known for putting fake amp limits on their batteries - the 35A are actually 20A, and I want to say the 30A are only rated to like 6-8...these misleading numbers on the wrappers can be dangerous.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It involves rather complex equipment and more skill than I have, personally. My test: if it's an LG or Samsung purchased from a reliable source, I use it. The Efest 35A that I bought before learning about re-wrapped batteries, I treat as 20A cells. Anything else, I don't use, and since the authentic batteries are cheaper than Efests anyway, I won't buy them again.

Another concern with manufacturers that don't actually manufacture batteries, like Efest and MXJO, is that they buy and place their own wrappers on "seconds," or batteries that didn't pass the original manufacturer's quality control, so they don't want them to be identified with their company.

VU Sponsors