Become a Patron!

Switching to a 4 cell mod

I have a 2 cell mod right now, but I bought the Smok Tfv12 (which is a BEAST) and it's killing my battery fast. If I buy a 4 cell mod, can I use the same 2 batteries in my new 4 cell mod and just purchase 2 new of the same batteries and use the 2 new ones and the 2 I already have been using?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a 2 cell mod right now, but I bought the Smok Tfv12 (which is a BEAST) and it's killing my battery fast. If I buy a 4 cell mod, can I use the same 2 batteries in my new 4 cell mod and just purchase 2 new of the same batteries and use the 2 new ones and the 2 I already have been using?
Personally, I would go with 4 new batteries.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
But they are the same exact batteries. Just 2 have been used for about 3 weeks and the other 2 haven't been used at all. I still can't use all 4 together?
realistically, you could. it's not going to instantly blow up or anything.
recommended? no go with 4 new batteries. the old pair is already weaker then the new pair (not by much) meaning it'll stress out the new pair as well and bring them down faster. Since they are only 3 weeks old and all 4 are the same you should be fine in actual usage just keep the pairs together (because the 4 battery mods run in series parallel) so you shold have 2 married pairs of batteries that are married together. You won't have that though.
Since you already have a 2 cell mod you are really better off buying 4 new batts just for the 4 cell mod and keeping the other 2 for your dual mod as you can switch them back and forth between the 2 mods so using all your batteries in a new 4 cell mod would leave you with nothing for your 2 cell mod

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Batteries are cheap, hospital bills are expensive. I don't mess around when it comes to batteries. I only buy name brands like Sony, Lg, and Samsung. That's just me. You may feel differently.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Batteries are cheap, hospital bills are expensive. I don't mess around when it comes to batteries. I only buy name brands like Somy, Lg, and Samsung. That's just me. You may feel differently.

-William Cowper
IDK Somy sounds like a knock off Sony brand LMAO

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mooch is currently running tests on the reality of battery marriage. Until the testing is done and results are posted its best to go with the currently understood safest practice. That means 4 brand new cells for your quad cell mod.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3 weeks is not that old. I had been using my batteries in my RX2/3 for one and a half months when I moved them to my new RX300 by just adding a new battery, and, FYI, Mooch admits he doesn't actually follow his own recommendation of marrying batteries. As long as you remember not to mix different makes and or models, then as long as you also remember not to mix aging batteries with new ones, and you also remember the fact that batteries still age even if they're not being used... then there's no reason to panic about this particular part of the story. However, that story is changed if you use a mechanical mod, and especially if this mechanical mod is running the batteries in parallel.

VU Sponsors