Become a Patron!

SX Mini G Class 

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coval1, question for you, I'm also in the market to purchase one of these, do you know when (If you plan on stocking them) the Kevlar versions will be in? looks like you have some top tier customer service. Always a plus ++ in my book.
I think you will really like this Mod.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question For non temperature coils should I select Pure ?????

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
no just choose basic wattage mode, Pure is for the special "no coil" heads, which never took off (but some claim they are still comming)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So then on app select TCR MANUAL ??

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a bit confused on the coil select you have to choose something is that correct?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is what I have
Bypass is off
Display mode. Left
Coil Select. 5 options
NI200
T101
SS316
SX_PURE
TCR_ MANUAL

Output mode. Standard
Adjust mode. M2
Temperature F
Work mode Watts
Operation. Advanced
My power is set at 80

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Coval1, question for you, I'm also in the market to purchase one of these, do you know when (If you plan on stocking them) the Kevlar versions will be in? looks like you have some top tier customer service. Always a plus ++ in my book.
We have the red and the blue kevlar coming in soon. They are enroute at the moment and as soon as we get some, I'll PM you. What color are you looking for? I can set one aside for you. And thank you for the customer service compliment.

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We have the red and the blue kevlar coming in soon. They are enroute at the moment and as soon as we get some, I'll PM you. What color are you looking for? I can set one aside for you. And thank you for the customer service compliment.

Sounds like a plan 1st choice would be Black, Second Red, 3rd Choice All 3 and not getting divorced :)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Here is what I have
Bypass is off
Display mode. Left
Coil Select. 5 options
NI200
T101
SS316
SX_PURE
TCR_ MANUAL

Output mode. Standard
Adjust mode. M2
Temperature F
Work mode Watts
Operation. Advanced
My power is set at 80

With the work mode set in watts, no it doesn't matter what the coil selected is, if you set Work mode to joules (temp control), then you must select one of the coil types, if you're using nickel, select Ni200, Titanium is Ti01, Stain Steel 316L is SS316L, SX Pure is for the SX Pure atomizer that never did catch on, TCR manual is for any other type of coil not listed. You just have to find out the TCR value and enter it.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like a plan 1st choice would be Black, Second Red, 3rd Choice All 3 and not getting divorced :)

OkeeDokee, I'll set a black Kevlar aside and PM you when they come in.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok how do I find the TCR Value ???

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok how do I find the TCR Value ???

By just asking, here you go.

Pure Nickel / Ni200 : 0.0052

Titanium Grade 1 / T1: 0.0035

Dicodes Resistherm NiFe30 : 0.0032

Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105
Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092
Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.00088
Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155

Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's a list of the most common wire types used for temp control, personally I kinda like SS316L at a TCR of .00092. It always works great, and can be switched over to variable wattage without suffering from damaging oxides being produced. DO NOT EVER run a nicked or titanium coil in wattage mode. Stainless can go either way, temp control or variable wattage.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I think I understand correct me if I'm wrong I am in watt mode. And if the setting lets say it's on SS316 is does not matter, I think I will not play with temp mode today.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I should go back to novice lol lol lol

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok I think I understand correct me if I'm wrong I am in watt mode. And if the setting lets say it's on SS316 is does not matter, I think I will not play with temp mode today.

That is correct.
I'm going to dig up another Youtube video explaing how temp control works, once you know the basics, it will make a lot more sense.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok then I'm good, I will go watch this because I don't know what the heck I'm doing with temperature control lol lol. Thank you for setting me straight how ever Be prepared I might find another curve in the road.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No sweat, that's what I'm here for, temp control really is very simple, you just need to know the basic concept behind it and it will all start to make sense.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this Video to be a big help on my next step Temperature control and now I can see how things fall it to place so to speak. It is a pleasure to vape with this mod I am on my second tank of liquid.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By just asking, here you go.

Pure Nickel / Ni200 : 0.0052

Titanium Grade 1 / T1: 0.0035

Dicodes Resistherm NiFe30 : 0.0032

Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105
Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092
Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.00088
Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155

Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138
Wow Thank you I will snip this for quick reference.....

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 83833 These are what's coming in.

Anyone know what the Diff between Carbon Fiber and the Kevlar finish will be (other than color). Is one more durable than the other? Guess it doesn't matter, I already told my wife she is going to start sleeping on the couch. My new mod will need her pillow :) (yup went over as well as you're thinking)

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The black Kevlar is definitely darker than the black carbon fiber. I really dig the blue kevlar myself. Don't think there will be much difference in durability, the are both extremely durable materials.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that Red one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coval51 Do you have Several Red ones coming ? I think I would like to buy one next month this months vape budget is all gone up in Steam.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just thought of something according to instructions you can only pair with one device so I guess in this situation I would have to Pair another one to my LG tablet... and leave my first one paired to my S7 edge phone and when I add the Brown leather one I would have to pair that to my Kindle Fire.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Motorcycle Gear in Kevlar and this stuff is strong, I have seen Kevlar in action.. It can hold up good if you hit the pavement so I would say these Mods are well protected.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have Motorcycle Gear in Kevlar and this stuff is strong, I have seen Kevlar in action.. It can hold up good if you hit the pavement so I would say these Mods are well protected.

What do you ride?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Harley Tour glide classic it's now at least 30 years old Love that bike.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A Harley Tour glide classic it's now at least 30 years old Love that bike.

Nice! I have an 01 BMW R1200C.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing better than a good ride I appreciate even more now that I'm a Grandmother. I'm thinking Trike time I cannot hold the classic up so I'm always just the person riding in the nice queen seat.lol lol

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure we will, we try to get a few of each color on the first few orders. Just ask and I can set one aside for you too.

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If the red and blue, happen to come in first, let me know. If it means getting it sooner, you talked me into the blue instead of the black. :) I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. They all look great, and im thinking the black on the frame might be more prone to chipping than the stainless.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am loving this mod when you hold it you feel the quality, and when you Vape it it just gets better. It is refreshing in todays world to buy something that works this nice. I spent today working on learning Temperature control but I'm still in power mode I am thinking of getting A different tank One I can buy Premade Temperature control coils like the Aspire 120 or a Black Crown lll and start off with nickel or the stainless steel, I looked through all my coils I have for the Mega Atlantis are just regular non temperature coils.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Crown III is bad to the bone. Stainless steel coils too so you can use temp control or variable wattage. It really is worth the extra money to buy a nicer mod, not always, but in the case of anything made by Yihi it sure is worth it. I've owned, used and abused every mod they have ever made. Never had any issues at all with any of them. Just a well built, and better yet, dependable mod. I hate having to carry a backup because you never know when that $50 mod is going to kick the bucket. These things just work, and work some more LOL. That quality feel is damn nice too. Kind of like driving a Mercedes versus driving a Ford Festiva. They'll both get you where you're going, but only one makes it a comfortable journey.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... I'm still in power mode I am thinking of getting A different tank One I can buy Premade Temperature control coils like the Aspire 120 or a Black Crown lll and start off with nickel or the stainless steel, I looked through all my coils I have for the Mega Atlantis are just regular non temperature coils.

Just get some TC coils for that Mega, there are many to choose from. The Triton SS 0.4 is really good and often available in vape shops. It's not advertised as a TC coil but don't let them tell you otherwise. Used them for TC almost since their launch. They're not as big as many of these huge new coils but they can produce a nice cloud with great flavour. Also a bit less thirsty.

If you do ultimately decide for something new and re-retire your Mega, make me an offer. I'll call dibs.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will see What I can find tomorrow lol we don't have a vape shop, if you want to drive 100 miles round trip you can visit a Vape Shop. I find I prefer Online shopping anyway. I was kinda bummed when I discovered my coils were not what I needed ..

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Folks I went through more of my Stash and here is what I have, not one of these say what kinda wire is used the EVO coils are 0.4 rated 40 to 50 watts next the Atlantis coils 0.5 rated 20 to 30 watts the gold Clapton 0.3 rated 25 to 45 watts. I think these are not what I need am I wrong??
Advice please.
a238814ac8ee722f4dd7d248918d958c.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am talking about use for TC not Power.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also came across this tank and coils. The coils are 0.5 . Again nothing about what wire is used.
fcbd32c71ad07836df66a54435c69b70.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found on vapeston web site these coils are 304 Steel.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found some Aspire Atlantis/Triton Ni200 Nickel Coils , I will get a box ordered they are rated 0.15 that should work....for my new adventure of TC

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the Yihi chips you can try to see if you get temp changes on any of the SS candidates in Joule mode. From there it's just a matter of honing in a good TCR.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

VU Sponsors