Become a Patron!

SX Mini G Class 

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone had one of these for say, 6 months? An acquaintance recently told me his was wonky or prone to breaking down. He recommended the viscious ant knight w/c uses the same yihi board. But that's just too expensive for me.

Only had my kevlar for a week or so but I will say the ant uses the same board so kepping that in mind... the build quality on my sxmini g class is TOP notch. hands down best built mod Ive ever held. If you like temp control its worth it for that alone.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ya know, I'm normally a temp control guy using titanium coils in a Rose 3 RTA, set to 480 degrees or so about 32 joules. I recently bought a Cleito 120 to see how the G class works as a high wattage mod. I must admit...it works great. I'm using a custom taste curve (SXi-Q S1) starting at 100 watts for one second and lowering the wattage in 2 watt increments for each second until the 10 second timer puts an end to the fun. Vape never gets too hot using this curve. It really is a pleasure to vape with. I have also opened the airflow up and cranked the wattage to 150 in Standard mode and the mod loved it...me...not so much. Way too hot for me. I don't see how people vape at those levels. Best thing is battery life. I'm well into my second day of vaping that custom taste curve (which is between 82 to 100 watts) and the battery pack is at 7.52 volts and showing 2/3rds left on the battery bar gauge.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeahhhh!
Looky what just arrived. Need to finish up some work before playtime but wow, great looking mod!

IMG_2046.JPG

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The blue is a lot more subdued than I imagined but it's really cool, the light picks up the blue like sharkskin or something.
Really gorgeous device, can't wait to play later!

Looks good :) Word of advice if you plan on upgrading check which chip you have J or A (hold down the fire button as you put the batteries in). It'll save you a few headaches

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks good :) Word of advice if you plan on upgrading check which chip you have J or A (hold down the fire button as you put the batteries in). It'll save you a few headaches

The Kevlar should all have the J chip. They should also have the V6.6 or 6.7 (which is the same firmware, only install procedure has been simplified for 6.7). But yeah check before you update. Put batteries in while holding down the fire button to check.

Last edited:

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Kevlar should all have the J chip. They should also have the V6.6 or 6.7 (which is the same firmware, only install procedure has been simplified for 6.7). But yeah check before you update. But batteries in while holding down the fire button to check.

My blue came with the A, same chip just a different production run so they say

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Wow. you would think that A coming before J would refer to the first run and the Kevlars were second run so...who knows...ancient Chinese secret. No offense intended.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had one of these for say, 6 months? An acquaintance recently told me his was wonky or prone to breaking down. He recommended the viscious ant knight w/c uses the same yihi board. But that's just too expensive for me.
I will give you my 2 cents I am a new SX Mod owner but not a stranger to high end mods, The SX Is quality no if and or buts about it, I'm glad I bought one and # 2 will be on its way Friday. With that said I have not bought such a nice mod since my Provari days, when you pick it up you feel how well it is made and when you get it all set up and take your First vape you know for sure you did not make a mistake , nothing comes close to this Mod in my 8 year collection of mods, if you want one get it I'm sure you will never regret your purchase. Another thing to keep in mind is were you buy from, shop at a place with proven customer service that alone is worth its weight in Gold. I shopped at Coval Vapes for several good reasons and believe me if I purchase a 200.00 plus mod I would not be returning to the Vendor if I did not like the Service.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I guess I needed a little reassurance hehe. And yeah, for this particular purchase, I'll want good customer service.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Folks I think I have nailed down the tanks I need for my SX Mods
1. Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus RDTA 30mm 10ml & 5ml & 20ml bundle in Gunmetal
2. Ammit 25 by Geek Vape in Black.
3. Uwell Crown lll in Black with a red drip tip.
This gives me two to build on with nice big decks and one to vape on that uses a coil while I play with building the first two. I think these will work well with Little Red ,also known as SX Mini G Class in Red Kevlar.

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This gives me two to build on with nice big decks and one to vape on that uses a coil while I play with building the first two. I think these will work well with Little Red ,also known as SX Mini G Class in Red Kevlar.

Nice list, I should have had vape mail today but looks like tomorrow instead. If I keep buying all these tanks I'm going to need a stand to keep them on.....or more mods...hmm that's an idea

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol I think You need to buy more mods I have a Blue Crown Tank lll that has no mod I'm waiting to find its perfect mate. Sorry about your Vape Mail .....

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol I think You need to buy more mods I have a Blue Crown Tank lll that has no mod I'm waiting to find its perfect mate. Sorry about your Vape Mail .....

Only thing that can cure the crushing blow of late vape mail.....buy more stuff :) . Seems silly to mot take advantage of the upcoming 4th sales

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Heya, just playing devil's advocate since it sounds like you are super precise about your matchy-matchy tendencies (like me!)
The Aromamizer Plus is a killer tank, been playing with mine and trying to nail down the perfect build, just heads up that the gunmetal color is much darker than the gunmetal detailing on my blue kevlar. Still looks great, just FYI.
The Crown 3, also another great tank but don't let yourself be swayed by the red drip tip. You can always get a red driptip for any tank that would match your mod perfectly. Also the Crown driptips have gold trim at the base which might bother you
... or not.. just letting ya know
; )
Cheers

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya, question..
I downloaded the Yihi app on my phone.
My device shows up on the app, I click to connect, the Bluetooth logo turns white on my device for like 3 seconds and then the connection fails.
So.. I downloaded the Yihi app on my Surface, downloaded the 6.7 update to my desktop, dowloaded the USB driver, when it says 'connect your device' I plug it in, the screen flashes for a second on the mod. And on my computer it hesitates and then says 'connection failed'
Am I doin something wrong or did I get a blue kevlar lemon??

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya, just playing devil's advocate since it sounds like you are super precise about your matchy-matchy tendencies (like me!)
The Aromamizer Plus is a killer tank, been playing with mine and trying to nail down the perfect build, just heads up that the gunmetal color is much darker than the gunmetal detailing on my blue kevlar. Still looks great, just FYI.
The Crown 3, also another great tank but don't let yourself be swayed by the red drip tip. You can always get a red driptip for any tank that would match your mod perfectly. Also the Crown driptips have gold trim at the base which might bother you
... or not.. just letting ya know
; )
Cheers
I am glad you are concerned, I was wondering about the Gun Metal on the Red Kevlar it does look lighter than my Carbon Fiber it has dark gun metal , And I am after a matchy matchy look.. Do you think the Black would work better????? For Little Red?????? Also Were do I find the right size Drip tip for the Sub ohm tanks in The shorty size I have looked but all I find is ones for the Smok T8 and such , I have about 40 510 drip tips ranging from beautiful Glass Artsy Tips to the Cherry vape and a bunch of Stainless steel and Gold I wish one my Glass Rose tips was red they are absolutely Beautiful but one is pink the other purple, I think I would like some Resin types for the Sub type tanks. I do not like the Color of My Aspire Mega on my Carbon Fiber because Its to light it is SS , Input welcome......Time starts now.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the sign of a hoarder LMAO!

View attachment 85590
I think that looks normal lol does this mean we need therapy.. I have a drawer of Shame for all the crappy mods and I went through that and sent some to the Garbage Dump after I stripped parts off them , why Do I do this IDK. I can not Stand waste.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool cool.
I'm not sure about the gunmetal on the original CF model, but the Aromamizer Gunmetal is definitely darker than our red & blue Mini's. Butttt, it has stainless accents so it still works for me. Maybe @Coval51 can weigh in on the gunmetal hues. The tank is biiiiig, be sure to get the kit with the smaller 5ml squatty conversion, cool look.
Oh mannn, drip tips is a whole 'nother world to get lost in, and super fun, the look you're after for the normal 510 atomizers is called 'wide bore' 510 drip tip. On the Aromamizer Plus it takes a Goon/Kennedy/TFV12 style drip tip (810), it also comes with a 510 adapter but a smaller tip would look a bit silly on this tank imo.
My favorite place for drip tips is Fasttech, massive selection and cheap. Try searching 'red wide bore drip tip' .. Only hitch it's it's a Chinese site so shipping is not the fastest but it's free. I always select the shipping upgrade for a couple bucks extra and gets here in a week or so.
For local vendors, there are several specialty driptip manufacturers, one of my faves is Half Moon Mods that make the Apocalypse RDA tips. Cool swirly look. Might have a good black&red tip for you. But adds up quick at about $15 a tip.
Signature Tips in the U.K. are my favorite but not cheap. About $25 a tip.
Do some googling around. Search images for 'red drip tip' and have fun!
X

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya, question..
My device shows up on the app, I click to connect, the Bluetooth logo turns white on my device for like 3 seconds and then the connection fails.
So.. I downloaded the Yihi app on my Surface, downloaded the 6.7 update to my desktop, dowloaded the USB driver, when it says 'connect your device' I plug it in, the screen flashes for a second on the mod. And on my computer it hesitates and then says 'connection failed'
I think that on Android or Apple they need those drivers, I think it would be cool to have the updates download to our phones and then just install them that way I think DSL Vapes ask Yihi to do just that, maybe someday ..

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Heya, question..

Dumb question but did you ever get a chance to watch this?

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The gunmetal pieces on the red and blue Kevlar are lighter than the gunmetal on the carbon fiber. Almost a natural metal color. If you look at the picture for the video I just posted you can easily see the difference. Hey everybody...it's really late and I haven't slept for almost three days. I need to crash but Proatype, watch that video and see if it helps you out. If not, I'll walk you through it. There is a manual way to install the driver. We'll get you up and running, just not tonight, once again I do apologize but it has been a hell week for me. BTW, upgrades can not be done over the bluetooth app. They must be done with with the SXi software V2.8.3.1

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dumb question but did you ever get a chance to watch this?

Not a dumb question at all. I watched it but not as I was actually trying to do it.I think I have/had 2 problems, needed to remove the batteries and I had downloaded two different versions of the driver. Starting over. Thanks!

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only thing that can cure the crushing blow of late vape mail.....buy more stuff :) . Seems silly to mot take advantage of the upcoming 4th sales
Vape mail, matchy matchy
3a95aed4d91ea7658a7a0c57f27ae46a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice Ompa I took the liberty and fixed your picture.
84efc07cb53d021a3104d13aa68194d9.jpg

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks really nice, glad your Vape Mail came.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that one to, You should use your flash so we can all see the Blue on the mod, just a thought.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I found a few tips for my SX mini G Class new tanks.
9428acd46dee85c2d9caaf3069df3deb.jpg

Ompa

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I found a few tips for my SX mini G Class new tanks.
9428acd46dee85c2d9caaf3069df3deb.jpg

Yup I don't feel so much like a horder now :) Thanks Puff... On a side note what batteries is everyone using for their g class. I need to order a couple of new sets and a bigger charger

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been using Samsung 25R's and 30Q's. Both work great, even in high wattage situations (100+).

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Little Red needs to pack up and move to Oregon, its a done deal......

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I need to go get my Tanks Ordered I am again so excited and honored to have another SX G Class Mini this one in Kevlar Red..

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coval51 I am proud of myself I tackled the Azeroth RTA again I used more cotton it is firing even and not leaking....

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some was has been a bad girl ya me I have 6 RTA tanks on the way for my SX mini G Class Mods, I slapped my hand and told it no more Surfing Vendors Stores this month.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Puff ...will 30mm tanks fit this mod?....I have one of the original SX mini's which is still going strong after about two years. Great mods....!

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes they will I have a 30 mm Aspire Mega on my Carbon Fiber fits perfect.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they will I have a 30 mm Aspire Mega on my Carbon Fiber fits perfect.

Thanks (perfect), think I'll grab the mod....You know who has a good price?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not shop around on the price I bought mine from Coval.com 219.00 shipped which I consider a fair price.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not shop around on the price I bought mine from Coval.com 219.00 shipped which I consider a fair price.

Have Fun Shopping

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks, I'll check the site out....!

VU Sponsors