Become a Patron!

SXK Billet Box Rev 4/ Exocet Questions

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using my new BB for about 24 hours now and I love it!

I've got a 316L build that ohms out to .67 and it seems that every time I take a hit in wattage mode it jumps up as high as .91 ohms.

I've only experience this on my iPV D2 and I assume it's because the chip constantly is reading the resistance of the coil. Is there a way to lock the resistance in wattage mode?

Anyone else have this issue? It's giving me occasional dry hits because it's pushing too much voltage at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ratpackid

Member For 4 Years
I am using 316 also in mine. I am .48 ohms. I locked the ohms in temp control and run at 240 degrees. I think the build deck is so small that if the coils are touching at all they heat up way too much and produce burnt or dry hits. I've been running mine this way for over 2 weeks and I have not had a single dry or burnt hit, but I did get them when I tried leaving it in wattage mode.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay so I'm not crazy then haha. Thanks for confirming. Guess I'll be using temp control then because I can't go back to kanthal after using SS!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't either. I can't even go back to nickel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nickel and I never got along. I like titanium okay, but the inability to dry burn made it a deal breaker. At that rate I might as well buy stock coils for a clearo!

VU Sponsors